HPBF (Horrible Pinball Format) .vpt file tools

Support File Tutorial VPT file format 2020-01-28

No permission to download

zzo38

Pinball Nudger
Reaction score
I have posted some information about the VPT file format to the download area in Visual Pinball support files, called HPBF. It is based on Apache POI. We can work together to provide more information about it, and make improvements, and possibly later write the GNU GPL cross-platform Visual Pinball.

Last edited by a moderator:
So what's that mean in English?

More plainly, it means it is a software for parsing a .vpt file-format, including source-code so that you can learn from it and improve it.

Some things it can already deal with are:
  • Table layouts
  • Sounds
  • Collections
  • Scripts
  • Table info

But there are still many things this program doesn't support yet:
  • Fonts
  • Images
  • Scripts from locked tables
  • Conversion back into .vpt

The included "DocFileExtractor.java" is used for not only Visual Pinball, but also for other file formats as well, such as Microsoft Office, and possibly others too. But the HPBF is designed only for Visual Pinball tables files (you have to use DocFileExtractor first, before HPBF will be able to parse this data). Also, this software is not specific to Windows, it works on any operating system.

Anyone that wants to help with this project can do so.

Thanks zzo38.

I even didn't understand your opening post, but as it sounds interesting I just wanted to try to start the discussion. I thought others would/could eventually come along and post/reply. I know I can't help in the topic, I'm completely clueless. Sorry.

General chit-chat
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Chat Bot Mibs Chat Bot Mibs: Flipper Hermann has left the room.
      Back