VPX6 vs VPX7 ; which one do you use ?

Clsx

Pinball Wizard
Reaction score
Favorite Pinball Machine
Black Knight
Hi

I've been using VPX6 which came with a all in one installer including VP8 and VP9 as well

I've noticed VPX7 has been out for some time , but is it in still beta stage or is it a stable release ?

And would it be worth to upgrade if most (if not all) things run properly ?

Thanks

A stable version of VPX7 is included with the All-In-One installer. Give it a try!!
But they are always working on new things, so the latest VPX7.exe is Beta, and available at Github.

When I work on tables, I use the VPX6.2.exe, so those who have not yet upgraded to VPX7 can still play my mods.
But when I play tables, I run them with VPX7.exe.
lol sounds like a Dos Equis commercial!!!

A stable version of VPX7 is included with the All-In-One installer. Give it a try!!
But they are always working on new things, so the latest VPX7.exe is Beta, and available at Github.

When I work on tables, I use the VPX6.2.exe, so those who have not yet upgraded to VPX7 can still play my mods.
But when I play tables, I run them with VPX7.exe.
lol sounds like a Dos Equis commercial!!!

I see , thanks !

Should I uninstall the previous all in one vpx6 install , or can I just install over the old installation ?

You can install over your old install!!

You can install over your old install!!

Install the VPX7 all in one over the previous VPX6 install , got it :) !

Btw does it come with vpm 3.4 or should I update vpm afterwards ?

I do believe it comes with VPM3.4, but you still could update to newest PinMAME beta if you wanted too.

Thanks a bunch !

Can I get the link to VPX7 aio installer with vpm 3.4 ?

Here you go...

There will be many files available after you click download, but you only need the VPX7setup.zip

Great , do you think vp/vpm will keep the controller / gfx settings after installing over the old vpx6 install , or would I set everything again from scratch ?

That I am not sure on. You may need to set from scratch, but I doubt it.
If you have any problems don't hestitate to ask for help.

Last edited:
Thx , I installed over the old one and updated without issues :)

All my settings are kept as well :)

Thanks a lot , pal , much appreciated :)

General chit-chat
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      JonPurpleHaze @ JonPurpleHaze: Ok, keep in touch!
      Back