VR Help

SpcMoney

Pinball Player
Reaction score
Favorite Pinball Machine
Star Wars Trilogy
Hello all any help or thoughts I'd appreciate. I have my cabinet working. I just bought a new laptop (MSI GL65 Leopard If it matters) and got the popper baller installer for desktop ... works Great!!! I then went back and installed Vpinball_XL (VPX VR) and Bam Open VR (Future Pinball VR). I have VPX VR working and LOVE IT!!! It is so much fun looking around in some of the rooms. BUT I can't get Open VR to work. It shows on the computer as if it is working (view changes as you move headset around) but nothing in the headset but sound. Any thoughts? FP_Loader.exe is set to use "high Performance" and I am sure I am running that .exe not regular.

Solution
Have you tried looking in TerryReds Mega Guide?
Link to his MegaGuide...

Here is the info I found in it regarding VR on pages 69 and 70 in the Mega Guide...

********** Future Pinball - BAM OPENVR **********
If you want to try an awesome virtual pinball VR experience, you can install BAM OpenVR!
 ALL Future Pinball tables work perfectly in VR… no need for VR specific tables
 some tables do have VR specific features that are pretty cool
 FP BAM works completely in VR. No hacks or custom version of FP needed
 FP’s superior rendering and lighting is “complete” and stunning in VR
 BAM has many VR specific features and BAM’s in-game menu makes changing options
in VR super...
Link to his MegaGuide...

Here is the info I found in it regarding VR on pages 69 and 70 in the Mega Guide...

If you want to try an awesome virtual pinball VR experience, you can install BAM OpenVR!
 ALL Future Pinball tables work perfectly in VR… no need for VR specific tables
 BAM has many VR specific features and BAM’s in-game menu makes changing options
in VR super easy
 1000’s of VR ready FP tables (though newer BAM updated tables like PinEvent or
Ultimate Pro tables will look and play much better than older tables)
 Pinup Player (PuP-Packs) from PinEvent tables look amazing in VR thanks to the efforts
of DJRobX and ravarcade’s PuP plug-in for BAM Open VR!
An example of Future Pinball PinEvent tables running in BAM Open VR, displaying the
PuP-Pack “in” VR using the PinEvent PuP Stream option:

What VR headsets work?
 BAM OpenVR uses SteamVR normally to work. So any VR headset that works with
SteamVR “should” work
 headsets geared more towards SteamVR (Vive, Index) may work more easily
 Oculus Rift / S headsets “may” work better using the OpenComposite DLL… but it’s
finnicky (read more below)
 Oculus Quest 1/2 users have had mixed / good results using the link cable
 Oculus Quest 1/2 headsets work well using Virtual Desktop (for Quest) and a dedicated
5 GHz AC (or better) router
 the various headsets out there use different refresh rates and hardware. So there is no
“one setup that works for all VR headsets”
Before Trying Bam OpenVR…
 this section is the “basic” essentials and info for BAM OpenVR only
 you must have FP and BAM setup and working normally with tables FIRST! (use the
main guide for install and setup info)
 please do that before attempting BAM OpenVR! You need to know FP and BAM and
how tables work and play
 this section is NOT a complete step by step, as its impossible to cover the setup and
settings needed for every VR headset and PC hardware combo
 while many people have no problem getting BAM OpenVR working perfectly, others may
have difficulty getting it working “correctly” to be smooth on their hardware and setup
 you need a pretty powerful PC if you want “all” tables to play smoothly and correctly
Install and Usage of FP-BAM OpenVR
 download the BAM-OpenVR.zip
 extract the “BAM-OpenVR” folder to your Future Pinball folder (NOT in your BAM folder!)
 run FPLoader.exe from the “BAM-OpenVR” folder and launch the table like normal
 once the table loads completely it will switch to VR mode and you can setup BAM in VR
by pressing ~ or Q
 if running FP in Windowed mode, bringing up the BAM menu (~ or Q) will cause FP to
NOT be in focus (and the game may freeze or have something else happen)
 if this happens you need to click back in the FP window!
 you can stop this from happening by either running FP in Full screen, or forced
Borderless Windowed
 some systems or VR headsets may need very specific settings in FP, their GPU driver,
SteamVR (if not using OpenComposite), and Oculus settings to work ideally
The BAM OpenVR install zip file is at the same link as the other BAM download files on
Ravarcade’s site

Hopefully you can find info that will help you in his Mega Guide.
There is much more info after those pages, but I didn't want to fill this page with a very long post.

Solution
Link to his MegaGuide...

in VR super easy
 1000’s of VR ready FP tables (though newer BAM updated tables like PinEvent or
Ultimate Pro tables will look and play much better than older tables)
 Pinup Player (PuP-Packs) from PinEvent tables look amazing in VR thanks to the efforts
of DJRobX and ravarcade’s PuP plug-in for BAM Open VR!
An example of Future Pinball PinEvent tables running in BAM Open VR, displaying the
PuP-Pack “in” VR using the PinEvent PuP Stream option:

What VR headsets work?
 BAM OpenVR uses SteamVR normally to work. So any VR headset that works with
SteamVR “should” work
 headsets geared more towards SteamVR (Vive, Index) may work more easily
 Oculus Rift / S headsets “may” work better using the OpenComposite DLL… but it’s
finnicky (read more below)
 Oculus Quest 1/2 users have had mixed / good results using the link cable
 Oculus Quest 1/2 headsets work well using Virtual Desktop (for Quest) and a dedicated
5 GHz AC (or better) router
 the various headsets out there use different refresh rates and hardware. So there is no
“one setup that works for all VR headsets”
Before Trying Bam OpenVR…
 this section is the “basic” essentials and info for BAM OpenVR only
 you must have FP and BAM setup and working normally with tables FIRST! (use the
main guide for install and setup info)
 please do that before attempting BAM OpenVR! You need to know FP and BAM and
how tables work and play
 this section is NOT a complete step by step, as its impossible to cover the setup and
settings needed for every VR headset and PC hardware combo
 while many people have no problem getting BAM OpenVR working perfectly, others may
have difficulty getting it working “correctly” to be smooth on their hardware and setup
 you need a pretty powerful PC if you want “all” tables to play smoothly and correctly
Install and Usage of FP-BAM OpenVR
 download the BAM-OpenVR.zip
 extract the “BAM-OpenVR” folder to your Future Pinball folder (NOT in your BAM folder!)
 run FPLoader.exe from the “BAM-OpenVR” folder and launch the table like normal
 once the table loads completely it will switch to VR mode and you can setup BAM in VR
by pressing ~ or Q
 if running FP in Windowed mode, bringing up the BAM menu (~ or Q) will cause FP to
NOT be in focus (and the game may freeze or have something else happen)
 if this happens you need to click back in the FP window!
 you can stop this from happening by either running FP in Full screen, or forced
Borderless Windowed
 some systems or VR headsets may need very specific settings in FP, their GPU driver,
SteamVR (if not using OpenComposite), and Oculus settings to work ideally
The BAM OpenVR install zip file is at the same link as the other BAM download files on
Ravarcade’s site

Hopefully you can find info that will help you in his Mega Guide.
There is much more info after those pages, but I didn't want to fill this page with a very long post.
That was it!!! Thank you so much I had read that walkthrough about a million times but it was not till you shared it that I "READ" it you know? Anyway it was that bit about turning of Vsync. Thank you so much.

General chit-chat
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      JonPurpleHaze @ JonPurpleHaze: Ok, keep in touch!
      Back