• Many thanks to Ian Longstaff for his lovely table roundups, posted on YT. And here is... WEEK SEVEN!

    Also, here's our browser games collection, for those who are playful.
  • Google Translate to French or Other Languages Click on the link and a new tab will open with this page translated into French.
    Click on the "To:" pull down option to select a different language. Users will not be logged in on the new Google tab.

Warning issued to TheManFromPost

tiltjlp

PN co-founder
The following PM has been sent to TMFP. I never saw TMFP's post to Shockman about getting a new account at vpf before it was edited 3 times, That made me wonder if it wasn't almost a "bait ans switch", as it's called in the US.

TMOF,

While it may not have been your intension to play a joke on Shockman, the timing of your post, April Fools Day, and the fact that it was edited three times, makes this an ify call. It has been decided by our staff that knowing Shockman's attitude about his ban at vpf, you're "joke" is indeed a form of personal abuse directed at Shockman. Please try to think things through when posting comments directed at Shockman, so that the situation between vpf and Shockman doesn't worsen, and cause more problems here. Thank you.

John
 

GHoSTFaCe

Pinball Wizard
If you're going to warn VPF staff members because something they say or do is considered abusive to Shockman, I think you're going to have to hand out a few more warnings. In fact, you'd probably better warn me right now, because I'm sure I'm going to "abuse" Shockman in the future - in fact, I bet he'd say that I already have. Sounds a bit more heavy-handed than this place has run in the past to be honest, like PN is heading down the slippery slope of becoming just like the dreaded VPF. What's next?

For the record, look back on the first page of Shockman's warning thread. One of the things you warned him about was sniping at VPF members, yet when Nic posted something to you in that very thread a few posts down, Shockman again jumped on it and you let it fly... C'mon, if you're really going to try to moderate this thing, at least do it with an even hand.
 

Shockman

appropriate at this time
@ GHoSTFaCe
I just think you are stupid, alot of the time. Like I was last night. To be honest, I know you have attacked be before, but I can't remember a single thing you have said. You're harmless.

@ tiltjlp
I wish you never had felt the need to post that 'warning to Shockman" thread. It should have been locked, and it was stupid not to, and I told you you should. You told me we don't lock threads, and if we did lock every thread that you replied... I let that go, but John, it is not because I posted in that thread, it was because it was an announcement by a staffer, peroid. Another thing you missed in that thread is when Destruck said you were "something else"

@ TheManFromPOST
I hope you at least have the decency to stay away from this place now.
 

da_prez

Funken Druck
Site Supporters
tilt according to your forum descriptions you have a forum called "the junkyard" .... and it is a "An unmoderated Forum for off-topic Junk"

an unmoderated forum basically means anything goes .... yes ?

move all those shockman vs kristian, shockman vs vpf staff, rpbizzle vs everyone threads there and let em run their course.

i am unclear on the concept of warning people when you have such an outlet available to you.
i am not against warnings, but shockman has repeatedly violated just about every rule you "seem" to have only to get a warning,
and because you "percieve" that TMFP has messed with shocky's head he gets a warning too ??

i am with GF on this one, be evenhanded if you are gonna try and moderate,
also you may warn me now as well, cause i will probably say quite a few more "detrimental" things.
 

Shockman

appropriate at this time
I support the idea of no D/As for us. We already all know each other and if there is any one that can't get along with somebody else the he should just go away, try to work around it, discuss it, or fight about it, I don't care what you choose.
We can have rules, but the first one should be 'to come around and speak what's on you mind.'
The second and last should be if you don't like that, then you don't like that.

I got a warning though. It was me that suggested that Peter get one, there was resistance, but it happened. What's wrong with all or none, do or don't, My fight to get Peter to have a warning is my fight to not have one. But we both do now, don't we.

How do you think AJ or nic. or Pete would feel if somebody bounced a $10,000.00 check to the site? Now, How would they feel if that happened on the first of April?
 

Shockman

appropriate at this time
da_prez said:
tilt according to your forum descriptions you have a forum called "the junkyard" .... and it is a "An unmoderated Forum for off-topic Junk"

an unmoderated forum basically means anything goes .... yes ?

move all those shockman vs kristian, shockman vs vpf staff, rpbizzle vs everyone threads there and let em run their course.

i am unclear on the concept of warning people when you have such an outlet available to you.
i am not against warnings, but shockman has repeatedly violated just about every rule you "seem" to have only to get a warning,
and because you "percieve" that TMFP has messed with shocky's head he gets a warning too ??

i am with GF on this one, be evenhanded if you are gonna try and moderate,
also you may warn me now as well, cause i will probably say quite a few more "detrimental" things.

Good Lord 'Prez, you have lost you mind.
"move all those shockman vs kristian, shockman vs vpf staff, rpbizzle vs everyone threads there and let em run their course."
Let's not, but let da_prez say we did.
It was not because of what John percieved, but What I precieved. In an arena where warnings, and r/os etc. are commonplace, you have to try to be fair about it.
The warning I got was more about what someone else thought about it than what tilt did also.

STFU
 

da_prez

Funken Druck
Site Supporters
you truly are stupid.

who gives a fuck what you percieved ?
you are mental.

tilt makes his own decisions and since i wasn't even addressing your retarded ass you STFU.
 

Shockman

appropriate at this time
We'll see who is the knowledgeable one. When those threads are moved to the JunkYard, I'll give your butt a big sloppy cyber kiss.
Our Junkyard is fun, not a dump.
 

Shockman

appropriate at this time
It was a very bad day for me yesterday, and I failed to see what was happening. My frustration is with myself, I let the ball slip through my hands.
I thought this was different, an official invitation, due to the wording before the edits. It was not that, but it was a chance that I blew.

I don't want to change my name. Shockey was so fitting, and it would have been so much fun. I don't want to lurk either. I don't want to pretend that I am not me. I think that is so crazy that I believed that I would not have to.

I wish I knew what happened yesterday. Did Peter throw me a bone? In hind-site it does look that way? Did nicolas.b over ride it? That, I can't even guess, he could have, I'm not sure he would have. Did I get excited, by what I was reading, and grab it and run? Certainly, but is that all? I did not twist anything and try to weasle back in, the text was there.

If I knew that another staffer stepped in and put the kibosh to it , then I would beat the drum for revoking this warning to Peter.
 

Shockman

appropriate at this time
"
you truly are stupid.

who gives a fuck what you percieved ?
you are mental.
"

I think I might be breaking a law if I fought with you.
Sorry da_prez, yes you are right. Who gives a **** what I percieved, I'm stupid.
 

Shockman

appropriate at this time
John, damnit, you know that is neither right or needed. You can say what you did, I support that. But don't post any more PMs, there is just no little bit about that that is half right. Please.
 

GHoSTFaCe

Pinball Wizard
Shockman said:
@ GHoSTFaCe
I just think you are stupid, alot of the time. Like I was last night. To be honest, I know you have attacked be before, but I can't remember a single thing you have said. You're harmless.
If I'm stupid, it's only for trying to inject common sense into this whole situation, clearly a waste of time and effort.

Shockman said:
@ TheManFromPOST
I hope you at least have the decency to stay away from this place now.
Why, because he's the one ruining it? :roll: Whether or not you see it, the cause of the trouble here is you. Everything else from everyone else is just a reaction to you.
 

Leo_Wanker

Pinball Player
tiltjlp said:
The following PM has been sent to TMFP. I never saw TMFP's post to Shockman about getting a new account at vpf before it was edited 3 times, That made me wonder if it wasn't almost a "bait ans switch", as it's called in the US.

TMOF,

While it may not have been your intension to play a joke on Shockman, the timing of your post, April Fools Day, and the fact that it was edited three times, makes this an ify call. It has been decided by our staff that knowing Shockman's attitude about his ban at vpf, you're "joke" is indeed a form of personal abuse directed at Shockman. Please try to think things through when posting comments directed at Shockman, so that the situation between vpf and Shockman doesn't worsen, and cause more problems here. Thank you.

John

WHAAHHHAHHHAHHAAAAHHAAAAAA :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Warning TMFP for making Shockman look stupider than he has made himself look over the past 6 months.

John I am now covinced your braincells are slowly trickling out your anus.
 

Shockman

appropriate at this time
What have I done over the past 6 months. I can show you messages from them that dispute that statement. You, with your PacDud infactuation, and a dumb post move is all there is that has bothered me.
Don't blame John for this.
 

tiltjlp

PN co-founder
bob said:
nah. we're teaching him to crap in the backyard....

Good one Bob. If you succeed he'll be better behaved than some folks here. But not to worry, there'll be no more warnings from me. My new attitude is if you can't please anyone, why even try. I'd rather spend my time making tables, reading a good book, or just about anything other than what I have been doing here. For now on I'll simply read the forums and hope for the best.
 

bob

Add-a-ball specialist
Site Supporters
tiltjlp said:
bob said:
nah. we're teaching him to crap in the backyard....

Good one Bob. If you succeed he'll be better behaved than some folks here. But not to worry, there'll be no more warnings from me. My new attitude is if you can't please anyone, why even try. I'd rather spend my time making tables, reading a good book, or just about anything other than what I have been doing here. For now on I'll simply read the forums and hope for the best.

hehe, throwing in the towel.... I don't blame you. Moderators who moderate, soon fall into a vacuum of obscurity. Let's take TMFP for example, he use to be the life of the party, lampshade on his head, eating goldfish, etc. Now he gets his kicks once a year on April Fools Day.

@ Leo - Can you believe this stuff? I never thought anyone could be so dense.
 

StevOz

Administrator
Staff member
Site Supporters
How's it going ya clowns, yeap I'm here so the entire circus is in town. :mrgreen:

I'd like you all to know I had as much of a hand in this as John and to prove it here is a direct quote from our staff forums.

StevOz said:
Well actually I don't think he did intend any April foolery. As far as I can tell he just put his foot in his mouth so as to speak by making that post in the first place. I think he really did just mean for shockie to go grab an anonymous account to get acsess to VPF downloads, not to post at VPF. I think shockie reads whatever he likes into anyones posts, it's why I just don't bother posting in such threads.

Still I suppose you could say intended or not, personal abuse may have been the result. If you feel a warning is the way to go then by all means go ahead.

Now on with the show.......
 

Shockman

appropriate at this time
Is that what you think 'Oz, that I read what I want into it. You did not read it and you are in the staff room takling about it? If you did read it you would see that I was told by Him that I could get an account and post, and not mess with the staff about the past. That is direct, him talking to me. IF HE WAS TALKING ABOUT AN ANONAMOUS ACCOUNT HE WOULD NOT EVEN HAVE TO MENTION THAT I COULD POST. This makes no sense at all.

He knew it was me and he put it on R/O. When I said R/O was fine then he took that away too.
 

Shockman

appropriate at this time
"Warning TMFP for making Shockman look stupider than he has made himself look over the past 6 months."

I agree.
 

Shockman

appropriate at this time
I want an account where I can show my work. Update and maintain my tables and talk to friends, I can not do that with the kind of alt that they want me to get. And have fun, like I did until the staff sucked the fun out of it, but that may have been worth it, because they got rid of a vile post that said "talk to the finger". We tried that as a source of strife, let's try it as part of the past.

Peter owes me that. He don't have to look at it as a war. I will accept it as grace.
IF THE DAMN THING WAS SET TO READ ONLY THEN IT WOULD NOT MATTER, WOULD IT?
That was OK until until it was known by more than the staff.
You could pretend that I was dead, and not even around. You can not blame me for not making it invisible first thing. We could have worked something out.
 

StevOz

Administrator
Staff member
Site Supporters
Yes Shockman, that's what I thought and do think, that was as I said a direct quote.

Since when did you do what the TMFP told you to do? Since it was something you wanted, that's when. ;)

Yes, TMFP also fooked up by mentioning posting, though I don't suppose you even considered it strange or a mistake because it was something you wanted.

I think he really did just mean for shockie to go grab an anonymous account to get acsess to VPF downloads, not to post at VPF.

Just because something is written does not alway make it so, it's always better to think before you act and question all things from all sides before acting upon any information.
 
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!
    Top