Tutorial FP Wecoc's collection of script snippets

Future Pinball
The fade out only works on Hud overlays and DMD. You can't fade out overlays saved to the backbox but you can display an invisible frame; in fact, it is best to list an invisible frame first in the image list so you don't see it when the game starts up.
You can .FadeIn and .FadeOut an overlay on the backbox.

I agree with Popotte. You can fade in and out overlays on a backbox. You can see it used on some of SLAM's tables.

It also works on overlays on the playfield as well. I use them a lot in my Silent Hill video demos when you fade to darkness or fog or fade back in, etc.

Thats what it is! HUD, I managed to get the fade in overlay on top of 2HUD overlays Using a Timer, then you can xbam the layer as Terry suggested.
Im just trying out new things, Im still learning to script.
I couldnt figure out some code for Ravs BAM extention list and there arent any examples, but managed so far to get things working.
Was making it harder than it is, as usual.

I set the timer for the fadeout a bit longer than the sequence or trigger it when somthing happens later (Smalt1lt)

Btw, Terry, you werent kidding, his tables have shit tons of triggers and tiny layers etc. matching all the soound that fizX automates (which is awesome) , People that haven dopped into the otable creation have no idea how big of an achievement Fizx is, its cool, and keeps me out of trouble ! sometimes....
Thank you

Yah, that's the big thing that can frustrate long time table creators / modders (that are used to doing things the same way they have been for years) when it comes to doing things a whole new way. Sometimes it requires removing older methods entirely. That usually means that many older tables need a bit of work to remove older lighting methods and removing sounds and triggers used for mechanical sounds, and removing older physics, etc.

For me to make any table look and play the way I like, I end up spending a bunch of time removing older solutions or workarounds that are used by SLAM and others on their tables.

The simpler tables are actually the easiest for me to do my updates on regarding lighting and sound and physics.

Thats what it is! HUD, I managed to get the fade in overlay on top of 2HUD overlays Using a Timer, then you can xbam the layer as Terry suggested.
Im just trying out new things, Im still learning to script.
I couldnt figure out some code for Ravs BAM extention list and there arent any examples, but managed so far to get things working.
Was making it harder than it is, as usual.

I set the timer for the fadeout a bit longer than the sequence or trigger it when somthing happens later (Smalt1lt)

Btw, Terry, you werent kidding, his tables have shit tons of triggers and tiny layers etc. matching all the soound that fizX automates (which is awesome) , People that haven dopped into the otable creation have no idea how big of an achievement Fizx is, its cool, and keeps me out of trouble ! sometimes....
Thank you
In an other hand, if your videos have music, you can use the FuturePinball_MusicFinished in order to .FadeOut the overlay

Yah, that's the big thing that can frustrate long time table creators / modders (that are used to doing things the same way they have been for years) when it comes to doing things a whole new way. Sometimes it requires removing older methods entirely. That usually means that many older tables need a bit of work to remove older lighting methods and removing sounds and triggers used for mechanical sounds, and removing older physics, etc.

For me to make any table look and play the way I like, I end up spending a bunch of time removing older solutions or workarounds that are used by SLAM and others on their tables.

The simpler tables are actually the easiest for me to do my updates on regarding lighting and sound and physics.
What the hell is with 4 surfaces ebery where.
Why not make it thicker with a edge texture.
And of you haloglow it wont show through, one layer is rose and one is dark deep.
My guess is making surfaces flash light and dark bit I really dont see any code doing so.
Seems like a waste.
One layer black was just for the edge of the slongsjot.
And god forbid you one side put of order because they arent ordered by layer up or down.
Grrrr.
Pain in the a**

The multi-surfaces for plastics was a common method before the days of BAM. One layer of surfaces were for when the GI was on, another for when GI was off, another for the reflective shiny look (this layer is still commonly used). These surfaces are made visible (rendered) and invisible as needed.

With BAM, now we can just swap textures instead of using multiple surfaces, and change the brightness of the texture, etc. Using flashers to illuminate the table is more effective and proper, where using the older methos you add tinted colours to everything to give the impression of coloured lighting. No longer needed.

For MOTU CE, I've done a mix of old and new methods to great effect.

I never understand why some use a layer for shiny look of texture, cause FP do this himself. It just need the good environnement texture

I never understand why some use a layer for shiny look of texture, cause FP do this himself. It just need the good environnement texture

That's actually what I was referring to. Adding a layer (what I called shiny) that uses an environmental image (for FP its called a sphere map).

General chit-chat
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Chat Bot Mibs Chat Bot Mibs: Flipper Hermann has left the room.
      Back