Welcome to the new Rogue!!

Itchigo

Former Operator
Site Supporters
Solutions
Reaction score
Favorite Pinball Machine
All Of Them!!
We finally fixed the registration problems and are adding things as we can. Take a look.... By the way we fully support Pinball Nirvana and link back for tutorials with Jon's permission. We intend to have links back to here as well.
http://roguepinball.com/ :welcome1::pinball:

took a quick look. looks nice. is that meant to be the forum counterpart to the BBB?

Errr, anyone who posts is currently exposing their IP to the world.
No, you can't get at me with the IP because it only links to my ISP,
but if a hacker can figure out the username and password for the ISP server, or if someone is running their own server, then that exposure could be trouble.

The BBB Forum is now gone. But I was never intending to compete with it or VPF,BBB, or PN. I had my Yolasite, which I tried to add a forum to, considering my lack of experience with the type of coding, I was really impressed with how things turned out. Then a friend (Pintrepid) offered to host the site, along with his own, so before we got too big we tried to move everyone from Timpinball to Rogue Pinball. So now we have no ads, and can do whatever we like. My place isn't just about pinball, it's about hanging out with friends. Pinball is just a common interest. It's unfortunate that some people think I'm trying to take over their site just because I'm doing my own. Even if I was, you do your thing and I'll do mine, and may the better man win. I haven't taken any files from anyone, and our vp comes from sourceforge.

When we started out we had problems under MY BB. Major spam problems to the point where I was deleting 6 or 8 spammers every day. It got very taxing, looking up the ip, looking for posts, etc. We had to shut down registration because of this. I wanted to move to Simple Machines Forum, but we had to convert things to do that. That took some time as Pintrepid had limited time (he does sideline web work also) and I couldn't do it myself. So our first couple months (most important time in a websites going up imo) we were shut down. At least now the hard part is over. We're converted and looking nice, now we just have to find everyone who was thinking of joining before lol.

The IP showing is something we were working on, there has GOT to be a setting somewhere.... To be honest I saw it on my end but I thought since I was admin this was normal. I didn't know it was on the user end also. Still, there has to be a checkbox somewhere that shows/doesn't show ip. From what I'm reading about this the user can only see his own ip, not anyone elses. Admins can see all.

Last edited:
interesting- i didn't know the BBB actually had a forums. or maybe i just forgot.

i'm not in the best shape these days, but i'll try to drop by the BBB and/or rogue pinball sometimes. maybe get back in to BS'ing with VPers again...

They did for a while, but no one used them so they're gone now. BBB chat is now at Dazz's new site. But I can't give out the url yet as they are still building. But you're more than welcome at the Rogue. I am considering having pinball crosswords on the site somewhere. Having content is a funny thing, it always takes 10 times as long to prepare it, than to use it. I figure maybe it's a reason to hang for a while?

By the way I support Dazz, even if we're kind of doing the same thing. I'm not saying don't go there, but I got in trouble for giving out the address early.

No. I was seeing everyone's IP who posted,
but it looks like it's now working correctly today.
I can't see a single IP.

But now, when I post, the page posts and then takes me back to the forum page instead of returning me to the thread page that I posted in.

I had to crash the site this morning but I fixed the ip. The return I'll see what I can do, I may not be able to do that on my own. I really know nothing about forum coding, I'm piecing things together, like when I taught myself vb.

so now it's officially official? Kewl Beans! I have been hanging there for a while now
since it's a tad freer with posts and thoughts than...um...other sites tend to be!
Also since it seems like there are less kids there
the posts tend to be more adult in nature and the jokes are definitely more ribald!
So now we have three active sites and hopefully Dazz's will be in there too as the fourth!
Woohoo! Not too shabby considering three years ago all we had was one
that went the way of the Dodo bird

Mine has always been officially open. It's just with the my bb problems, it's been a rocky start. I think I know what he was trying to do, though it didn't dawn on me before....

@Itchigo,
How is Rogue going these days, Tim?

Some time back you'd mentioned linking to the tutorials here, but like many of our resources that lost pertinent information with the big move from VB to XF, it's going to take us some time to rebuild the entries properly.

I also got the sense Rogue offers some stuff that's relatively unique in the VP world, be it resources or whatnot, but am unclear as to what they might be specifically. But if you're indeed linking back to us as mentioned above, I feel like we should make a better effort to link back to you folks.

One way of doing that would be in creating a resource entry link, highlighting resources you have to offer. Indeed, we've already done that several times with offsite friends, such as @ULTIMATE Pro Pinball (i.e. SLAMT!LT) and @shiva's page, so it would be nice to include others, as well.

Couple quick examples:

@Itchigo,
How is Rogue going these days, Tim?

Some time back you'd mentioned linking to the tutorials here, but like many of our resources that lost pertinent information with the big move from VB to XF, it's going to take us some time to rebuild the entries properly.

I also got the sense Rogue offers some stuff that's relatively unique in the VP world, be it resources or whatnot, but am unclear as to what they might be specifically. But if you're indeed linking back to us as mentioned above, I feel like we should make a better effort to link back to you folks.

One way of doing that would be in creating a resource entry link, highlighting resources you have to offer. Indeed, we've already done that several times with offsite friends, such as @ULTIMATE Pro Pinball (i.e. SLAMT!LT) and @shiva's page, so it would be nice to include others, as well.

Couple quick examples:
Sorry for the late reply, my new job has kept me quite busy.

It's going, as always, user participation is a tough nut to crack. I didn't want to, but I created a credit system to help. Basically you need credits to download, but you get them by posting, replying, etc. In other words you have to participate a little. But if I didn't do that, I'd be just a filesharer, because no one (very few) would do anything.

We do have things that other sites don't, most of Phil's (PBecker1946) tables are unique. And Loserman has ported a good number to vpx already. But Phil likes vp9, and doesn't like vpx, so he's still building in vp9. I did have my entire cab collection shared, linked back to downloads. I still do, but it's vp9. I'm not trying to share everyone's stuff, I just have it backed up and let everyone in to have whatever they want. I have since upgraded to vpx, but the tables are too big to share. I wouldn't get them all up there like vp9. I mean I have 846 vp9's shared and my filesharer says I've only used 32.5gb. But vpx I have 950 (give or take), and I had to buy a bigger hard drive (was 220gb). I was able to blend the vp9's that aren't in vpx with my vpx, giving me 1200 tables, with no duplicates. Now I need a better video card. See, this is why I don't upgrade lol. I still run 7 on everything (7 forever!). I even got it to run on my AMD Ryzen 5 cab.

@Itchigo,
Okay, I haven't looked over Rogue's downloads too closely. I'm not completely sure you're talking above about stuff you're personally sharing with friends or with Rogue's resources on the whole.

Either way, if it pops in to your head that there might be something in particular worth a resource link here, I think that could work nicely. IIRC Loserman makes awesome conversions, but shares them all at VPF. But maybe not? I mean, if he was indeed sharing some unique ones at Rogue, that sounds like a good candidate link off the top of my head.

Forum activity
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Chat Bot Mibs Chat Bot Mibs: Beers is our newest member. Welcome!
      Back