Favorite Pinball Machine
White Water
What are you getting yourself for Xmas?

We have all heard it, ‘you are so hard to buy for’
So us guys have to buy our own presents

What are you buying yourself for Xmas?

Classic Playfields have finally released the reproduction playfield of Xenon
So that is my present to myself

I get lots of gift cards every year, so I go shopping for myself after Xmas.
I will get some more movie's and maybe a few PC games and other stuff. That's what I do every Xmas. :)

Later

Not necessarily for Christmas, but I am going to get myself tix to see a some Michael Schenker and Paul Gilbert concerts in the next few months. :rockon:

Hy head says not to get a 360... but my gamepad-cramped hands are clawing at my wallet! Maybe I should ask someone older and wiser... and there's no one older here than Bob! Whaddaya say, Bob? Should it be an Xbox 360 or something boring like a new couch?

A professional wank artist(e) . . . .yo-ho-OOOOOOOOOOOOHH :joy:

Hy head says not to get a 360... but my gamepad-cramped hands are clawing at my wallet! Maybe I should ask someone older and wiser... and there's no one older here than Bob! Whaddaya say, Bob? Should it be an Xbox 360 or something boring like a new couch?

Xbox 360 and a used Bean Bag chair would be your best choice.

http://www.hardcoreware.net/playstation-3-vs-xbox-360-one-year-later/

I just bought myself a widescreen LCD TV and a Surround Sound system and High Definition TV is awesome.

Bluto?

Anyway, I already know what I'm getting: Cash. Much easier when you get cash and then buy what you need.

As for what I will get for that money: I'll surely get the new album by The Zimmers and probably an arcade controller so I can play MAME in style!

The McD

Uhhhh... you must be thinking of VPF. No one on here by that name.

Anyways, thanks, Bob! You solved my dilemma and redecorated my living room! :cheers: Great in-depth comparison of 360 vs. PS3, as well... although $$$ had pretty much ruled PS3 out of the equation for me!

Y'knopw I've been on Sony's side since...

Ps1. I've ownes Sega systems, 3 ps1's (they kept on dying!) 2 ps2's (same reason), but my roomie has an xbox360 and he is online at this very moment! I love the front end 'dashboard' and avatar! Very innovative. I think it's cool to be able to not only just see your friends, but also know exactly what they are playing (if anything) at that very moment! That is just too kewl! You can customize him/her, (it?) to look like anything. but to be able to talk to anyone who is online, that's great. Granted it's not free, but at $50 a year, he has all that and all those xbox arcade games too. We just love all those pin tables thay now have. I made his online high score (it was with his avatar) on most of those pins! He's 'Tattooricky' btw. I use his avatar (it IS his system)
But watching (and playing) has sold me! Although I'm still a devout Sony fan, and since I only have a ps2, my next system will definitely be an Xbox 360!
I'll eventually get a ps3 for the blue-ray capabilites (and their rpg's are better) but it's not my first choice anymore.

ruby651 get a X-box 360 and the games Gears of war 1 and 2, Fallout 3, Fable 2, Bioshock, Tomb raider: underworld, Halo 3, Grand Theft Auto 4, and the new Midnight club. Then next year watch out for Street Fighter 4, Resident Evil 5, Ghostbusters, and probably a few more games. Oh i almost forgot the new Call of Duty: World at war. The X-box 360 just keeps getting better. A friend of mine has a PS3 and hates it, he's selling it and getting the 360, and then buy a Blue-ray dvd player. He wants the gears of war games and Fable 2, and they won't be on the PS3. Also look for Bioshock 2 next year only on X-box 360 and not on the pc or PS3. Well i hope you get it ruby651 it's worth it trust me, i had mine the first day it came out and i can't stop playing it. I have about 27 games right now and plan on getting more, Well good luck with it when you get it, also lay it down don't stand it up, Mine is laying down and never had a problem with it, everybody who had problems with their 360 stood theirs up. But now with the new systems microsoft says they think they have the problems fixed, i hope so just incase mine deciedes to die, then i'll get the $200.00 version because i have two hard drives. Well talk to you soon Merry Christmas. Dave P.

1 TB External HD (my 500GB crapped out on me, and i still have to get those files back)

A USB HDTV Card - Plug it in to the USB, setup antenna, and BAM you get local HD channels anywhere .... SCHWEEEEEEEEET !!

I buy cheap games at Game Stop. I am very comfortable with buying old XBox games.
When the 360 is moved to the "cheap games bin" I will buy one.

I just bought 6 Xbox games,,, all for $3 each. I can have lots of fun playing a $3 game.

007 Nightfire
Hunter the Reckoning
Aggressive Inline
Tiger Woods PGA Tour 2005
X-Men Legends
Pulse Racer

I have 4 Game Stop Stores to choose from in my area.
Lots of old Xbox games are turned in after Xmas because of upgrading.
I will be waiting for more Xbox deals.

Rick

Had a decent Xmas myself. The kid had a better one though. ;)

lets see, I got a new rack unit, and some parts so I can get my new Memphis ghost project guitar up and running, plus a drill so I can add full sized locking tuners. All done and strung now, getting it setup and intoned in a couple days.

Treated myself to a Boss LMB3 Bass limiter/expander pedal, and some Ibanez Artcore ACH pickups for a future project, plus bits and pieces like gig bags, a new metal case, some vintage parts, mic stand etc. Also got my 2 bass guitars working. I finally picked up Photoshop CS4, so now I have a working program for Vista.

Hmm, what else? did trade for a new sofa, does that count?

lets see, I got a new rack unit, and some parts so I can get my new Memphis ghost project guitar up and running, plus a drill so I can add full sized locking tuners. All done and strung now, getting it setup and intoned in a couple days.

Treated myself to a Boss LMB3 Bass limiter/expander pedal, and some Ibanez Artcore ACH pickups for a future project, plus bits and pieces like gig bags, a new metal case, some vintage parts, mic stand etc. Also got my 2 bass guitars working.
damn, shiva, that is a schweeeeet ass christmas right there.

you and my little brother could have a gas, if you are ever in northern california you should look him up.

he has a state of the art digital recording studio, you guys could lay down some tracks.

I finally picked up Photoshop CS4, so now I have a working program for Vista.
You say that as if you thought that other versions dont work.

Did you have any problems with CS2 or 3?

CS2 (9.0) runs fine for me,...ive set it up the other day and as far as i could see there are no problems at all. Hence CS3 should work as well, actually even better, since it is newer,...

I know it's a bit late to reply, but i got myself 4GB RAM, windows sees just 2,75 GB, guess i need to upgrade my OS to 64 bit to use all of the RAM

I know it's a bit late to reply, but i got myself 4GB RAM, windows sees just 2,75 GB, guess i need to upgrade my OS to 64 bit to use all of the RAM

I have a new PC with 4 GB Ram and Windows XP Pro SP3,Windows detects 3.25 GB Ram,what version of Windows do you have?

I have a new PC with 4 GB Ram and Windows XP Pro SP3,Windows detects 3.25 GB Ram,what version of Windows do you have?
I have the same, XP SP3, I don't understand why XP don't see more than 2,75 GB :headscratch:

I have the same, XP SP3, I don't understand why XP don't see more than 2,75 GB :headscratch:

Perhaps one of your Ram stick is faulty,you might check them by using Memtest.

http://www.memtest.org.

If there are no errors after using Memtest then try to install your Ram sticks on another PC to see if it is still the same,of course if you can.

Last edited:
Perhaps one of your Ram stick is faulty,you might check them by using Memtest.

http://www.memtest.org.

If there are no errors after using Memtest then try to install your Ram sticks on another PC to see if it is still the same,of course if you can.

Thanks for the tip, I will test with memtest later. I hope this app is easy to understand, I don't know anything about MS DOS.

Unfortunately, I don't have the possibility to tests the sticks on another machine, but I can try one and one and see if it's makes a difference.

I will report back later.

Thanks for the tip, I will test with memtest later. I hope this app is easy to understand, I don't know anything about MS DOS.

Unfortunately, I don't have the possibility to tests the sticks on another machine, but I can try one and one and see if it's makes a difference.

I did some research and I found out that a 32-bits system cannot use 4 GB RAM.

• A 32 bit OS can only use 4GB of memory total, that means if you have 4GB of ram and your graphic card has 1GB of ram, you have a total of 5GB of memory.

• Out of that 5GB of memory, you can only use 4GB total. 1GB the graphic card will take up, so now the 32bit OS can only use 3GB.

• Enabling PAE, will limit to the OS to 2GB total. What PAE does is dedicate 2GB to OS and the other 2GB to anything other then the OS. Apparently some people don't understand how PAE works and think that some how it can magically make a 32bit XP use more then 4GB, which is impossible, so after noticing my explanation is not getting through, I thought a visual from MS itself might help sink it in, you can see it here: http://www.microsoft.com/whdc/system/platform/server/PAE/PAEdrv.mspx
Vista 32bit can see only 3.5GB of ram total. The new sp1 only reports how much memory you have intalled, not how much memory you can use.

So, a 64-bit OS seems to be required

I did some research and I found out that a 32-bits system cannot use 4 GB RAM.

So, a 64-bit OS seems to be required

Indeed,a 64 bit OS is required but however there is something wrong as you should have 3.25 GB Ram detected instead of 2.75 GB.Try to do the test with Memtest and report if you find something wrong.

Forum activity
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Mibs Mibs: Itchigo has started a new thread called "Sounds library" in Visual Pinball and Visual PinMAME...
      Back