• Google Translate to French or Other Languages Click on the link and a new tab will open with this page translated into French.
    Click on the "To:" pull down option to select a different language. Users will not be logged in on the new Google tab.

What [music] are you listening to?

Isaac Sauvage

Meep!
Site Supporters
Consultant

Mother of god, if this isn't the greatest song I've heard in my life, I sure as hell certainly don't know what else is:

Spooky Tooth - That Was Only Yesterday (1969)

Isaac Sauvage

Meep!
Site Supporters
Consultant
Ah, mashups...
When everything comes together (literally!) you get a new song that more or less improves on the originals used, often mixing genres and bands together to astounding and hilarious effect.

I even find mashups downright educational, because they demonstrate that music production can be a lot more fluid than first meets the eye. For example, you can have two songs with completely different chords, feel and tempo, and yet with a little adjustment here and there, they can actually flow back and forth in to each other.

Well, onwards. Here then are some recent discoveries, starting with Bill McClintock's stuff.

Vank Walen - "Your Jumpin' Heart"
Hank Williams - Your Cheatin' Heart
Van Halen - Jump

Leotallica - "You Make Me Feel Like Dancing (You Know It's Sad But True)"
Leo Sayer - You Make Me Feel Like Dancing
Metallica - Sad But True

Buffalo MC - "Stop and Bust a Move"
Buffalo Springfield - For What it's Worth
Young MC - Bust a Move
Def Leppard - Rock of Ages
Guns N' Roses - Welcome to the Jungle
Van Halen - Jamie's Cryin'

--- and two more that are maybe a little rougher around the edges, but still pretty entertaining ---

MegaJackson - "Sweating Robins"
Michael Jackson - Rockin' Robin
Megadeth - Sweating Bullets

Mariah Manson - "All I Want For Christmas is the Beautiful People"
Marilyn Manson - The Beautiful People
Mariah Carey - All I Want For Christmas is You​

StevOz

Administrator
Staff member
Site Supporters
Got to be honest, Spooky does not do it for me, though I do like a well done mash, so I'll check them out. Here is one of my faves.

AC⚡DC, Thunderstruck by The Seagulls.

Also this..

Last edited:

Isaac Sauvage

Meep!
Site Supporters
Consultant
Nice!

You know, that first cover reminds me a good bit of Run C&W's stuff, in which they give the bluegrass / old-timey treatment to a bunch of hits from completely different genres, such as Motown. As with the best mashups, I'm left both chuckling and genuinely enjoying the music.

Here's one:

Haha, 4-Chord Song is awesome! That's the humor & energy I love, plus a bit of 'poking the bear' at the song-writing industry. That one's going straight to me song list.

StevOz

Administrator
Staff member
Site Supporters
How about a video music remix...with sound effects from the videos cleverly incorporated.

:hack:

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!