Solutions
Reaction score
Favorite Pinball Machine
White Water
What this place needs is a new Tiltjlp
Remember him?
He could be opinionated yet not have the need to make a personal attack
Could string together a good argument
But most of all his occasional pieces made checking in at Pinball Nirvana something worth doing at least once a week, just to see what had gotten him interested in
<o></o>
The Visual Pinball community is not short of opinionated guys (and girl), surely one of them can see an oputunity here to be virtually king of PN?
<o></o>
Nic?
Shockman?
Both of you guys are never short on and opinion
<o></o>
I am not trying to rid VPF of these two guys (or anyone else for that matter)
But if somebody was to post threads here on a regular basis (and not on every VP related forum), threads to spark discussion (not flame fests) , then Pinball Nirvana (and the wider community would be the better for it

Upvote 0
i'm looking for some kind of a writing / other forums to improve my writing technique and to discuss issues of the day. you may recall this is the same reason why i left the staff at VPF a couple years ago, and is similar to why i left an admin post at GBGL-HQ recently.

you can get some interesting discussions going at VPF but they tend to peter out (eheh) because most people are focused on pinball, not on deep & challenging discussions or issues of the day. so maybe one day i'll find what i'm looking for, and in the meantime you can click on my homepage if you're interested in my online crap.

as far as what PN might need, i agree with destruk about it needing a faster server. one other idea would be to do what apoc or shiva did a few years back and set up an auto-posting news bot.

or maybe it needs nothing and is perfectly valuable as the VP site that backs up all the others.

Last edited:
What this place needs is a new Tiltjlp
Remember him?
He could be opinionated yet not have the need to make a personal attack
Could string together a good argument
But most of all his occasional pieces made checking in at Pinball Nirvana something worth doing at least once a week, just to see what had gotten him interested in
<o></o>
The Visual Pinball community is not short of opinionated guys (and girl), surely one of them can see an oputunity here to be virtually king of PN?
<o></o>
Nic?
Shockman?
Both of you guys are never short on and opinion
<o></o>
I am not trying to rid VPF of these two guys (or anyone else for that matter)
But if somebody was to post threads here on a regular basis (and not on every VP related forum), threads to spark discussion (not flame fests) , then Pinball Nirvana (and the wider community would be the better for it
I miss tiltjp but he became a real pain on this site and started to demand rules to be changed, (with personal attacks to me..:verysad:) including banning anyone he wanted to and all of his solo files were removed per his requests.
I doubt that Shockman would have ever been restored @ VPF without PN and tiltjlp's departure...

i'm looking for some kind of a writing / other forums to improve my writing technique and to discuss issues of the day. you may recall this is the same reason why i left the staff at VPF a couple years ago, and is similar to why i left an admin post at GBGL-HQ recently.

you can get some interesting discussions going at VPF but they tend to peter out (eheh) because most people are focused on pinball, not on deep & challenging discussions or issues of the day. so maybe one day i'll find what i'm looking for, and in the meantime you can click on my homepage if you're interested in my online crap.

as far as what PN might need, i agree with destruk about it needing a faster server. one other idea would be to do what apoc or shiva did a few years back and set up an auto-posting news bot.

or maybe it needs nothing and is perfectly valuable as the VP site that backs up all the others.

Just a note, Pinball News (newsfeed) has been on the front page for a few years and updates regularly, tiltjlp used to be the site promoter and I miss him but fear that he's gone, he had health problems...

These forums won't be as fast as VPF but it has nothing to do with bandwidth or server speed, many functions on the site could be disabled, But I like 'Em!:guitar:

PS: The Multi-Quote Button works!
multiquote_off.gif

Last edited:
Yes, Tiltjlp did become a bit of a pian in the end but I always felt his heart was in the right place
mostly what he wanted was what was good for the VP community

what I am trying to say is that I feel this site needs some exclusive content
Threads that are posted here alone, rather than posted at every VP site

even the two threads I posted this weekend have gotten a fair reading

Just a note, Pinball News (newsfeed) has been on the front page for a few years and updates regularly
that's real good, no question.

of course what i was talking about was a script that would pull provocative news from some source and post the articles as threads so that they could turn into active user discussions. i thought it was a great idea, but it got implemented towards the end of shivasite's public existence, so it didn't get the chance to take off as well as it might have...

tiltjlp used to be the site promoter and I miss him but fear that he's gone, he had health problems...
he had a poetry forum called "word by word" but he seems to have removed the link from his sig at various sites. i can't find it on the net, either. (does google have an archive search for non-news?) last time i saw him post anyplace was late 2007. he had mentioned that his arthritis was getting worse so he was retiring from writing and maybe internet activity as well.

Thanks for the info about tiltjlp but i believe he had more serious problems than Arthritis...:no:

Bots are bots and they shouldn't be trusted...:D

I think it is a great site/forum already and doesn't need a lot more. The only way to stop the domination of vpforums will probably come when vpforums is down for ever.
A lot of great pinball tables are available here, and you can have a nice discussion. If you want to see more action here, just post more :) I don't think that should be one specific person.

FYI there is a decent discussion going on about adhd on here and it's problems with society, I know I'm deep in the middle of it:p if you want to put your two cents in. But I agree, the discussions on here are way more diverse than what we had on vpf.com! I like the fact we CAN talk about things other than pinball (there really is an entire world out there outside of the little silver ball) and I often do. It also helps my arthritis and nerve damage to type away on various subjects and interacting with you all is the ONLY social activites I partake in. I am unemployed, single and just stay at home 24/7 mostly online, so anytime I can get on here and discuss the world situations with others is fine with me!

Interesting article on cobs there Anthias. Didn't realise he was a pipe smoker as well. Should have figured really given everything else he was into. I can just about imagine him in his recliner smoking weed while writing poetry. :)

I'm sure he's about and well.

Last edited:
its a sad thought - he did have some problems, but he was a fighter as well.

I think he might still be around. I like to think so - he was a cool guy.
this was last updated in november http://pipedia.org/index.php?title=The_Complete_Corncob_primer
interesting, but unfortunately the person that did the update was not tiltjlp (john) but a user called "sethile":
http://pipedia.org/index.php?title=User:Sethile

given how much john loved to write, the evidence would seem to agree with JPH that he's probably no longer online, which, given his very limited mobility due to health reasons, is not a very good sign.

just a little fyi note to those who use pipes for whatever reason, ISO (isopropyl alcohol) works wonders in cleaning pipes (including waterpipes and the tiny bubblers!)
having severe permanent nerve damage in my spine, I occasionally 'imbibe' to help ease the spasms I get across my entire back/shoulder region (even as I type this my fingers keep going from tingling to complete numbness) andhave tried various methods of cleaning but iso works the best followed by a rinse with minty toothpaste to get rid of the iso taste but this should not be too openly discussed here so I'll stop now...

For pipeworks, I used to prefer a chillum myself ... just to get that deep down feeling of anesthesia ... for medicinal purposes only you understand :joy:

But since quiting smoking in 2000 I get my happiness from Grolsch :pint:

Forum activity
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Mibs Mibs: GeorgeH has posted a new reply in the thread "Sounds library".
      Back