• This particular section gets infrequent use these days, so we'd honestly recommend you check out Pinside's Biz and Market sections as well.

Still, there's a load of history here that may help researchers. When using the "Search" button in upper right, be sure to choose "This forum."

What's a good price for a used pinball?

pinballfan1

Pinball Collector
Reaction score
Favorite Pinball Machine
Addams Family Pinball Machine
I have a budget of less than $2k in savings, can I get one or should I save more? What's the cheapest you've ever gotten?

There's a page for used pins that I've been looking at, and it lists ones that cost below $2k, and even below $1k. The lowest I've seen is $500. I want one that's good quality though.

It looks like spending about $1000 is a fine amount and it can get you a pretty good pinball machine. That's the sweet spot that I've seen for affordability and quality. But you should go higher if you can.

:pinball:

I have a very nice 'Dr. Dude' Machine I will sell for $2000 {UPDATE>As of 7/12/2017< I guess I'm Keeping the machine, the house and the wife too}. It's error free, in very good condition, all segments are working and all playfield toys work great. This has always been my favorite pin in my collection. I'm selling the house too ..!
http://www.ipdb.org/search.pl?any=dr.+dude&search=Search+Database&searchtype=quick#737

737f1.jpg

737f2.jpg

Last edited:
Hadn't heard of that one before. It looks cool!

Hadn't heard of that one before. It looks cool!
I bought the machine for the artwork, comic characters and their various slogans, Like 'The Hotter You Get-The Cooler You Are" And "It Helped Me - Think Of What It Could Do For You". The music and speech grabbed me from go. It's the pay-off from the combination of lighting, action in the display and rock&Roll + Sounds when you get when the scoring really gets going, I love most. The drop targets are tough and really help advance bonuses and extra balls. I still have not collected the big JACKPOT during "Super Dude" multiball. The factory setting requires way too many shots into the "Molecular Mix-Master" toy blender thing before a ball drains. {Think I'm gona turn it down to only 2...I got to know what happens}

Last edited:
General chit-chat
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Chat Bot Mibs Chat Bot Mibs: Flipper Hermann has left the room.
      Back