Where am I? Here I am!

I see Koei/Nobunaga's Ambition on your list.
Have you tried Uncharted Waters or Uncharted Waters II: New Horizons?
Both published by Koei.
If you try Uncharted Waters, I recommend using the SNES version (better sounds and graphics), though I like the player's death screen best in the PC version.
The PC version also has a scurvy screen. Both screens were omitted
from the SNES version.
SNES emulators are available for Linux.

The PC version of Uncharted Waters II: New Horizons is the better version, though again, the sound quality in the SNES version is better.

I know I have other Koei games and Uncharted Waters is one of them. I'll have to check. You're right, it's a great game - anything by Koei was really good. It's sad that they quit making these strategy games after a good haul though. That's why I like QQP's startegy games even though they didn't have super high res imagery. Conquered Kingdoms is one of my personal favs! :)

Sadly enough, all the GOOD game companies are dead and gone - Looking Glass, 21st Century, SSI, Infocom. Now a days it's all about the size of a game and the graphics which sucks the big ****! Where are the games with storylines and fun? No wonder I'm still a DOS gamer :) Graphics do NOT make a game; gameplay does. 5.25 disks, 3.5 disks, 12 inch disks - these were the medium REAL games were made and most of the games were created by people like you and me! All the good games are out there, you just have to know where to find them! ;)

einstein.jpg

Last edited:
@druadic,
So... did this ever get finished?

Anyway, I fixed the thread link in the OP and added a link to the Apple ][ version of the game, playable online.

Hmm... I think my old text adventures for the VIC-20 and the Apple 2 might actually be preserved online. It would be pretty interesting using a tool like this to add pictures or something.

I have the game but never released it. Just keeping it for myself. Haven't used ADRIFT for a long period of time anyway.

General chit-chat
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Chat Bot Mibs Chat Bot Mibs: roachie has left the room.
      Back