VPX Support File Help Where is VP 10.7.1?

I Looked for 10.7.1 a well couldnt seem to track it down looked on both.

I'm a bit out of the loop here but isn't 10.7 problematic? I recall reading on recently updated VPX tables to use 10.6.

Also (but not tested be me) I think 10.7 has issues with VPVR.

I had heard that also last spring, so I stayed away from it.
10.7 is out of Beta phase as far as I know as of really recently (I think Christmas or Christmas Eve), but I still haven't installed yet.
Edit:
I have also been offline for 5 months so they may have fixed it!!

Apparently it's already in v359 as release candidate. I'll have a go at that one :)

le 1071 rev 5 corrige le crash vpx lors de l’ouverture de certaines tables via la pile.

Last edited:
Can't find rev5...

found it but can't find a way to download it.

Last edited:
I hope you can find a way to download it @Ian (WVP)
Link will follow

Is it pretty stable to replace 10.6 or should I keep both executables?

Keep both. Just recently LotR for example from VPW team reverted to 10.6 has there were reports regarding missing textures.

If you see anything weird, revert to 10.6... just in case :)

Keep both. Just recently LotR for example from VPW team reverted to 10.6 has there were reports regarding missing textures.

If you see anything weird, revert to 10.6... just in case :)
there are other files in the 10.7 download other than renaming the 10.7 exe is there anything else I need to copy to my 10.6 directory?
or would it be easier just to have two different directories and setup popper for a new profile for 10.7 tables?

what I was hoping to do is use the same directory for both and just have a separate profile for popper for my 10.7 tables that points to the 10.7 exe

Regarding popper I cant help.

But it's more a concern of not messing up any install if you have 2 separate install folders.

I'm not yet very familiarized with VPX. I know it's a pain regarding the versions compatibility, hence my suggestion to have 2 folders.

there are other files in the 10.7 download other than renaming the 10.7 exe is there anything else I need to copy to my 10.6 directory?
or would it be easier just to have two different directories and setup popper for a new profile for 10.7 tables?

what I was hoping to do is use the same directory for both and just have a separate profile for popper for my 10.7 tables that points to the 10.7 exe
I don't have PUP installed yet, but my experience has been that earlier VP builds have no problem at all running out of a shared folder, but when you get to the later VPX builds, it does look like they want to be in their own folders.

For example, there's a bunch of support & info files for each build which you probably wouldn't want to merge together, even if merging them caused little or no issue with the .exe running.

I will just point a new profile to new directory and put only vpx10.7 tables in there

Is there a tutorial on the proper way to install 10.7.1 without messing something up?

It is basically installed just like a standalone version of VPX.
You would copy and overwrite when asked.
Remember this is a Beta version. There are still bugs that need fixing before it is released to main public.
(That is why it is called Beta version.)
You can find more info here in the Beta topic, and find github link to newest version
(I would not use the version in above post attachment as it is outdated)...
https://www.vpforums.org/index.php?showtopic=44135&page=1

Is there a tutorial on the proper way to install this without messing something up?
It is basically installed just like a standalone version of VPX.
You would copy and overwrite when asked.
Remember this is a Beta version. There are still bugs that need fixing before it is released to main public.
(That is why it is called Beta version.)
You can find more info here in the Beta topic, and find github link to newest version
(I would not use the version in above post attachment as it is outdated)...
https://www.vpforums.org/index.php?showtopic=44135&page=1
Thanks Xeno! so my real issue is this. I downloaded the latest version being 10.7.1.160 but that only had source code, it didn't have the vpx.exe file and that is what I was confused about. Going back now I see the latest version with the working executable is 10.7.1.112. This is what I was looking for I guess. Is there a way to incorporate that latest source code upgrade to the .112 release or just wait until another full working version is available? Just curious

ok no worries, you've been really helpful so far with me so I thought I'd ask. I downloaded a table and it said to use that latest version so it would work properly although you could use the 10.7 final version. I'm trying to learn everything there is to know. :-)

Forum activity
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Mibs Mibs: HZR has posted a new reply in the thread "Complete list of VB commands".
      Back