Which Physics Do You Use For "physicless" Tables?

Tanin

Inserted Coin
Reaction score
Favorite Pinball Machine
Twilight zone
Hi,

I was wondering which physics do you guys use, for great tables such as 3 Angels, TDK, Road Girls etc, which were designed for physics 1?

I am confused how I use the various Physics versions, or if they are even different .exe's and just other files that need to be shuffled?

I have various FP.exe's that supposely are other versions, but a bunch have the exact same file size.

I have installed BAM, is that for all Physics tables or just the ZED ones requires it?

More confusing, some tables listed as Physics seem to work fine in plain FP final official release, I do realize the better physics is ofc gone in that case.

Anyone able to clear this up?

I'm mostly using FPloader (BAM) with the 2009 final official release FP by Randy and the Physics 2.5 R2 version.

I just make sure I have renamed copies to shuffle around since the FPloader is coded for Future Pinball.exe

If there is something more flexible for a desktop tables player, I would be glad to hear about it.

Is this about a flash game?

Hacked versions of FP and external xml files are no longer necessary or useful for Future pinball.
BAM can use any version hacked or otherwise of FP but the original version is preferred now.

BAM has overcome most of the issues:
1. Watermark can be disabled
2. I believe object limit is disabled (not sure)
3. physics and xml can be copied into you code and BAM will make that the priority
4. BAM allows dynamic physics and lighting and so much more
5. No more high score limit crash

I have been copying Slam's xml code from his tables directly into the FP Script as starting point and then tweaking as I see fit.
It is SOOOO much easier and more flexible now to set the tables how you wish.

Last edited:
Oi @Gimli,
Any thoughts on FP with BAM versus VPX / VPX PhysMod5? As in, how do the physics stack up? Me, I mainly run VP8 these days, so don't have a good handle on this stuff.

Also, any thoughts on which core FP version you prefer? I have 2009 and 2013 versions, and no idea what the real differences are.

@Ike Savage
I haven't used VPX but my understanding from those that use and like both is that when set up properly they are both excellent but have a different feel. I believe that they have different features. Certainly for VR users BAM is way ahead with all FP tables working perfectly.

Terry Red is a good person to answer that. He seems to be attracting a lot of Cab users to FP/BAM because of all the new features.

In regards to FP , I believe the 2009 and 2013 are identical but just have a different Time stamp. The one the in BAM's "2 in 1" automatic install ( that you can download at Ravarcade's BAM website) is the one that can be still downloaded from the original Future Pinball Web site. I believe 2009 is when the Chris Leathley stopped developing FP so I am not sure how "2013" got on the time stamp.

If you ask 10 different people about which physics is best, you will get 10 different answers. It is best to just try the different options yourself and draw your own conclusions.

I can say that that there is an XML file that I think can be applied to most Future Pinball Physics 1.0 (original physics) tables without having to change the strength settings of all the table objects. Try "Malifica's Universal Real Fun Physics EM/SS Table" that you can get here:

You might want to look through my set up guide for FP which has a link to my BAM guide on Step 13:

BAM has uncorked all the FP physics parameters and they can adjusted and tested in real time while you play and then saved as an external xml or copied to clipboard for pasting directly in table scripts.

It allows unlimited flexibility but I tend to start with GeorgeHs latest or SLAMs. I have been using SLAMs lately as his Ultimate Pro tables are highly regarded and play fast and exciting. GeorgeH mods are also highly regarded IMHO tend to be more precise with aiming but not as fast.
It comes down to preference and it is easy to get used to one or another. I favor not having too many standards

I believe Shiva is including in his template selectable xmls based on genre of his preferences and the prevailing crowd favorites GeorgeH and Slam

Last edited:
Wow... I haven't followed the link yet, but that's pretty amazing.

Thanks for the replies!

Actually, Ravarcade saved all the XML files to the BAM installation file. The only one that is not there is Malifica's.

If you want absolute "realism" for physics... then a well done VPX table is considered by most to be the most realistic.

After playing some real pins... I would honestly have to agree.

Does that mean that "new" FP tables with updated BAM dynamic flippers have bad physics? No. There are however some things that most people who play VPX a lot point out.

"The FP flippers shoot really wide on the last 15% of the tip". This is something I notice too. I'm used to this... and when I first played VPX...wow it took me a while to adjust.

"The nudging on FP isn't realistic compared to VPX and real pins". This I agree with as well...but FP's digital nudging is still much better than vp8/9/VPX legacy nudging. I actually "like" FP's digital nudging.

The new FP tables play great for me. Not perfect... but still just fine.

Forum activity
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Chat Bot Mibs Chat Bot Mibs: Beers is our newest member. Welcome!
      Back