WHO dunnit (Bally, 1995) VP8

VP8 Bally SS Recreation Who Dunnit (Jamin 1.2)...and then, I was on the case. v1.2 2020-01-28

No permission to download
Solid State Machines

Jamin7474

Pinball Nudger
Reaction score
Made a reel'd version of Who Dunnit. Its got few places that need more wallblockage but covered most of the areas that needed it. While going through blocking things off I got to do Midnight Madness quite a few times...awesome.

Hope you guys enjoy solving some cases. Think I'll start on some reel'd The Shadow.

awesome, jamin.
that's one of the only machines left (that i like) that i don't ever remember a decent VP version for.

i mean, kidC made a good version a long time ago, but it was locked and i couldn't make my customary adjustments that made it playable for me.

btw, a request for "hook" while i'm at it-
the only VP version existing is sad but the real thing is really a pretty nice and worthy game.

I usually go with what I want to make next but I feel like a change of pace. I've been stuck on doin all the 8level gi tables so far. I'll attempt a version of Hook. Not sure what material I have and how it'll turn out but I'll give it a shot.

Thanks for release,Jamin.
Awesome looking job. :thumleft:

Damn, what's it with everybody making fast tables now? Or is it just me?

Anyway, sweet table there. I was waiting for this one.

The McD

I usually go with what I want to make next but I feel like a change of pace. I've been stuck on doin all the 8level gi tables so far. I'll attempt a version of Hook. Not sure what material I have and how it'll turn out but I'll give it a shot.
sweet..!

alright, i'll see if i can find any good images for that...

Really great, thanks for this :) I also played and liked Kid C's version, but since it was locked no tweaks were possible.

Hey, I would love to see an updated Shadow table; it's one of my top five tables. Cheers!

Really love the table. It's so fast and detailed. I do however keep getting an in game error about the ramp enter switch not working. On the up/down train ramp. Is there anything I can do about this?

whoops there is an error there its probably because the name of the switch on the table doesn't match the one in the script (whoops again my fault) and now that switch hasn't been hit in so long that the rom is fooled into thinking its broken. With the options on the editor rename rren to ren (which is the trigger object just above the set of kicker objects for the up/down ramp). After hitting it in game it should fix itself the next time it goes through the switch testing the error should be gone but if it isn't deleting the nvram should get rid of the switch error.

Updated to 1.21 thanks to lupo51ca for pointing out that ramp switch error it got my attention and made me notice a few other things.

-fixed the ramp enter switch to match the name in the script
-added top playfield gi 2 locations (near phone and near the ramp enterance)
-rpf gi was using lpf's value in the case statement had to change that
-(edit) also it was missing the knocker sound so imported that also

still some areas that the ball appears in front of reels so still need to work on that for another future update.

Last edited:
I totally love this game too Jamin, you've hit the nail on the head with the wide tables, The gameplay , sound effects , everything about it is great :D
Great work and PLEASE don't stop !!!

Matt :)

PS - You sure you're not JP in disguise ??? LOL ;)

Forum activity
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Mibs Mibs: Isaac Sauvage has posted a new reply in the thread "How to Install Addressable LEDs".
      Back