Solid State Machines
Future Pinball

RwL

Pinball Player
Reaction score
Favorite Pinball Machine
Cirqus Voltaire
RwL submitted a new resource:

Wild West (Psycho, 1995 Codemasters) - 4 Player scoring with crazy lighting night duel mode - 2 poker video mode games!

This table is a mod of the original released almost 10 years ago. Most players did not like the main music ( repetitive banjo music). This has been replaced with something less annoying. Fixed non-working bonus scoring lights, improved overall playfield lighting, improved most of the table art. I recommend using BAM to play table to take advantage of lighting features (though not necessary). CFG file included, just remember to move to BAM/CFG folder.View attachment 22859[ATTACH...

Read more about this resource...

I like this table.
Are you thinking of adding dynamic flippers code and custom physics later on? It'll be easy to do but if you're not worrying about it I'd like your permission to do it.

DFv2 is still WIP so, it might take a bit until it happens.

Only issue is that I can't see anything in DMD's, not even the score.

Last edited:
Cool! I will have to try this. TerryRed and I wrote tutorials on how to add Dynamic Flippers version 1 here:

If Anontet or anyone else wants to add Dynamic Flippers go right ahead. I could have added them myself, but the table played well enough without -- albeit a little slow. AnonTet says he can't see DMD's. I forgot this table is using a line of BAM code, my mistake.

Try and rem out the following: xBAM.SetDefaultMatrixBaseColor 8, 0, 0 or make sure your running BAM. This line of code darkens the DMD's. I tested this with BAM_v1.5-334 and it worked fine for me.

I'm on BAM 341... maybe there's some regression. I'll check it. Thanks

/edit
@RwL
If I comment or revert the dmd color to the default I just see the "dots", now in orange. but nothing on the DMD.

Last edited:
I like this table.
Are you thinking of adding dynamic flippers code and custom physics later on? It'll be easy to do but if you're not worrying about it I'd like your permission to do it.

DFv2 is still WIP so, it might take a bit until it happens.

Only issue is that I can't see anything in DMD's, not even the score.
I am not sure why you can't see a proper display of info. It maybe possible the font library got corrupted when downloaded or installed. Check this library: WW_fonts.fpl, file size should be 3030kb. I suppose if all else fails - you could try downloading the complete package and re-install. Hope this helps!

I can see this in the file properties:
Size: 2,95 MB (3 102 720 bytes),
Size on Disk: 2,96 MB (3 104 768 bytes)

Re-downloading it's the same thing. I see only black in HUD and backbox DMDs

It's probably the BAM version so If you send me that older version for me to test it would be nice.

I have attached the version of BAM I used. Another thought is to check the file properties for all the libraries especially fonts to see if it is blocked.
Windows sometimes will block certain files when downloaded from another computer. From what you are describing it sounds like the fonts are not being loaded. Did you try loading table using Future Pinball.exe instead of BAM's FPloader. Only problem going this route is DMD's will have white colour for fonts. Make sure to rem out xBAM.SetDefaultMatrixBaseColor in script before launch to avoid mediation error message

Attachments

• BAM_v1.5-334.zip
    27.3 MB · Views: 28
I just tested this on the latest BAM (1.5-341)... and the DMDs are all working fine for me (desktop view).

I do find though that the camera view goes all wonky if using BAM's static camera option (press C). It stays stuck on the Backglass view.

Fun table.

Yes, with futurepinball.exe it loads as explained. Never even consider to use original FP .exe!

So, it is BAM but it is not because v341 is installed. I tested with old bam version too and it's the same thing.

Now I have a BAM problem and don't know what it is! Fun times ahead...

Thank you for you patience

Last edited:
Do you by chance have "disable GLSL shaders" enabled in video settings? If so then disable that.

Check BAM's DMD "bulb" size as well.

GLSL is unticked. That's not it.
How to I change DMD "bulb"/dot size? I never worked with it but looking at them using futurepinball.exe i'm not sure that is the problem

In BAM menu, Addons

I tried the table using BAM 341 The DMD works ok for me.

In BAM menu, Addons
So I don't know why the DMD bulb size was at 0. I clearly messed up something and didn't noticed because I have "played" on tables without DMD!

PROBLEM SOLVED :D

General chit-chat
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Chat Bot Mibs Chat Bot Mibs: scotty74fr has left the room.
      Back