WISE words to live by

druadic

20+ YEARS as a VP author. How time flies...
Site Supporters
Solutions
Reaction score
Favorite Pinball Machine
Anything before 1939 (pre war), Firepower II, Agents 777
A LOT of people could LEARN from what is said in this image. You KNOW who you are. I for one find it such an uplifting thing.

PERSEVERANCE.

I have not been around for awhile for many reasons. Hope folks will understand.

Attachments

• Perseverance.jpg
    Perseverance.jpg
    142.3 KB · Views: 51
As adults, we've pretty much all been through a world of shit and made many mistakes, but I feel like most of us have done our best to pick up the pieces and grow from the experience. Even if the growth can be... slow? (raising my hand up, lol)

But anyway, yeah-- LIFE naturally tends to punish us in all kinds of ways (starting judicially & via public court of opinion) upon our mistakes, so the subset of people who love to heap on EXTRA punishment beyond all that...? Just kinda makes me laugh uncomfortably, then cringe away.

Weirdly, there's a classic, well-documented relationship between 'self-righteous, relentless punishers' and their own past misdeeds. Scientific papers even, IIRC.

Here's another one. Folks like this fail to realize that KARMA has a BIG WAY of coming back and biting you in the ass.

This is another reason I'm so selective with friends. The fewer I have the more my life is fulfilled. To those that know me, thank you for your kindness and your friendship!

A lot of folks have been emailing me and asking where I am and why I haven't released anything. To those wondering, my health issues have gotten worse so give me time. I won't explain everything but I am TRYING to focus on what I have for WIP. Thanks.

Attachments

• TreatedBadly.jpg
    TreatedBadly.jpg
    115.9 KB · Views: 54
never give up

I have had 5 years of failing health, I could not see any light at the end of the tunnel
every time I though it could not get worse, the universe has proven me wrong
guess what universe, you can go F### yourself, you have tried 6 times to get me, and i am still here
It took two years but I can now walk again, a little more fine tuning and I will finally get my life back

Thanks Pete.

Glad to see you're kicking the universe's ass. I truly wish you nothing but the best sir. I literally shuffle my feet when I walk, almost like limping but you walk with such ease. I can't do that or I would fall right over.

My problem is spinal related to my brain and vice versa. I've been researching what I may have and the one thing that keeps popping up is multiple sclerosis, but who knows. I have an MRI coming up on the 28th and a neurologic scan coming up in September. I also have lower extremity problems with my legs and feet. Keeping my balance via cane is my only option and I finally got a NICE wheeled walker with a folding seat and I now have to use a bath chair. I NEVER expected ANY of this to happen but it did.

Thanks for the uplifting post sir! Thank you!

you should see me today, actually walking down steps without my cane. (up steps was easy)
the main thing I have to overcome is putting on my prosthetic properly
most leg amputees have an innersleave and then the prosthesis, but no, I have to be difficult, I have a shaped innersleave , then a middle sleave, and then the prosthetic, all have to go on just right or I am in pain

Aw Pete, you trimmed your whiskers back. I kinda liked that look you had going for a while there!

So, guess we're all in a similar age range (50-55yo) with our bodies giving out. A mere twenty years ago, when this scene was getting going, I remember how much more energy I had even with my chronic CFS. That, and I barely looked like I was in my early 20's at the time.

Now I'm looking more like Doctor Strange (think I shared my pic recently, no?), and can barely walk a quarter of a block without huffing & puffing, needing a rest. Most of the day is spent lying on my back, reading, and I have a custom-build monitor stand that hovers over me, my wireless mouse & kbd. But... still ride my exercycle as often as possible, and still sing karaoke at the cantina. Those little things really help keep me going, I think.

Father time, you rat bastard. :ghost:

I go for 47, and sometimes i feel like i have 80 ...... my dad, old generation, right after the war, lifts me up with one hand:shockedalien: ...... our generation, i don't know how to define it ..... our body changes over the years, and sometimes we are architects of our destiny or future ..... but there is no worse thing if a disease gets in the way.

Good to see you're getting around so well Pete.

My lower half of my legs and feet are to the point where I can't even feel them there; I can't stand for more than 15 to 20 minutes and sit for longer than 30 minutes so it gets very irritating for me.

I am currently TRYING to get out of this hellhole apartment and am currently looking at a house not far from where I live. One floor, no basement so it would be great for me with the wheeled walker and cane. Since my credit is so good I am hoping I can make this a reality. The apartment I live in has 15 steps and is a NIGHTMARE for me to go up or down them everyday since it is a narrow staircase. The handrail is a POS and the landlord refuses to fix it along with the half working refrigerator (only the freezer works) and the bathroom floor has rotted out. He hasn't fixed that either.

There's much more going on with me but I'm not going to get into it or explain it. I'm just glad someone out there is kicking the crotch of father time! I just wish I could feel as good as I did two years ago.

Hope to talk with you more in the future!

IKE:

I know how you feel. I too run out of breath FAST. My right lung has problems as well. Nice to know I'm falling apart and that my doctors tell me this but never seem to want to do a damned thing. ROFL!

We have a grocery store not but a 1/4 of a mile from me and and it takes me around 30 minutes to walk that far with a cane. It sucks and that is just getting there, not coming back!

Father Time IS A RAT BASTARD. I fully agree!

Last edited:
@Drudaic, you should see me having a shower, I have to sit on a bench, swivel around then lower myself so I can shower on my knees. I probably look silly
But I overdid myself last week and created a whole bunch of blisters, so no more walking for a couple of weeks

I hope you dont have MS

Pete,

Almost everything that is going on with me shows signs of MS but what would I truly know? I'm no doctor. Knowing my luck it's brain cancer as I also have the signs for that too since I knew a person who had it and she was always miserable, couldn't focus her eyes and was very limited to anything she could do; which is what I'm going through.

I pretty much sit at the end of my bed and either stare into space with an empty and blank mind or cry. I don't know what else to do but my only hope now is that MRI I have coming this Saturday. That SHOULD get something into perspective as to what I going on.

I haven't told anyone about this except my doctor, but I CAN FEEL the left side of my head moving as if there are fingers inside of my skull. It usually moves from the spine inside of my head all the way to the front of my head to my left eye. I can literally feel it moving and it's quite freaky and that's why I walk to the left and walk with a cane - no matter as I walk I move to the left and the cane keeps me from falling to the left side.

I don't know, it could be anything. I have realized once you hit 50 things start to become a bit more frazzled and things you took for granted are now out of whack, but I never expected anything like this.

Thanks for talking with me. It's much appreciated.

Oof. I wish the "love" reaction icon looked more like the one I whipped up. ":heart:"

Will-- did you ever reach out to the sources I recommended some time back? The ones frequented by Docs & Lawyers volunteering their time & professional advice?

Me still just a layperson over here, but honestly? It sounds like you don't have a whole lot more time left there, duderino. Unless of course you get properly diagnosed, then get proper treatment, stat. Because on the positive tip-- getting a proper diagnosis and the right treatment plan has turned around umpteen peoples' lives at the 11th hour. So that's the hope.

IMO outside help is even more critically important than ever, since your local medical diagnostics sound like they're shitting the bed hard, to say it crudely.

I.e., a person whose lower limbs are rapidly losing sensation would not receive anywhere near that level of professional indifference in any of the medical establishments I've ever used or am familiar with. That's totally ridiculous, borderline unbelievable. Assuming that's what's actually happening.

I mean... fuck.

an interesting fact about MRI machines
these machines are very finely tuned, they can pickup very small particles of radiation
since every metal mined after 1945 has radiation (atomic bombs) , the metal used has been sourced from battleships sunk before 1945

an interesting fact about MRI machines
these machines are very finely tuned, they can pickup very small particles of radiation
since every metal mined after 1945 has radiation (atomic bombs) , the metal used has been sourced from battleships sunk before 1945
Oh... YEAH!
Somehow I remember reading about med technicians and others who were depressed / angry about 'steel not being pure anymore.'

After the bomb, and all. But the steel from that era was hugely valuable? (am I remembering that right?)

Oh... YEAH!
Somehow I remember reading about med technicians and others who were depressed / angry about 'steel not being pure anymore.'

After the bomb, and all. But the steel from that era was hugely valuable? (am I remembering that right?)
it is valuable because this steel does not contain radiation
supposedly whole ships have "disappeared", so much for respecting the graves of the fallen

Here is what is going on:

August 28th - MRI.
November 4th - court for disability via phone call with my attorney.

I had ultrasounds for my legs and feet and the doctors at the HOSPITAL told me I have no nerve damage. They say it sounds like a very serious spinal cord problem and this is worse than the nerve problems, so they tell me. What I can't understand is not being able to feel my legs and feet and they tell me nothing is wrong.

Yes, I have been talking with other doctors Nic. I've found it just takes a bit of time with them but I have talked with others.

During this time I currently have until the 4th of November I MUST find a new place to live. I can't take the BS any more but my one friend is going to find me some storage and wants me to stay with him for some time. I have to move out further than I want to but he says he just wants me to be comfortable and have no worries so he has offered. I am biding my time for a little longer.

Not much else really.

PS: The town where I currently live also wants to help me with some monthly money so I have it until I get the disability so that will REALLY help me but I only have to wait for my document in the mail verifying my court date and then I get that.

It all sounds like a massive pain in the backside. I'm so sorry to read of your troubles, Druadic. I hope you get some possitive changes soon. I'm so glad the town wants to help at least. I really hope it isn't MS, or cancer, but if it is, I hope you have access to some good medical professionals at that time who can help you make the most of life.

I have realized once you hit 50 things start to become a bit more frazzled

So I have two years to go? 48 and I'm counting my blessings over here. I'm not overly religious, but I'll ask the big guy upstairs to send some of those blessings to you, my friend.

It all sounds like a massive pain in the backside. I'm so sorry to read of your troubles, Druadic. I hope you get some possitive changes soon. I'm so glad the town wants to help at least. I really hope it isn't MS, or cancer, but if it is, I hope you have access to some good medical professionals at that time who can help you make the most of life.

So I have two years to go? 48 and I'm counting my blessings over here. I'm not overly religious, but I'll ask the big guy upstairs to send some of those blessings to you, my friend.
Well at least I got the documents to make this become reality. Now I just have to WALK IT into town and have it copied. Straight from the SSA my court date is November 4th. At least I have some money coming in even if it is from the town where I live.

Anthias,

Just because someone is 50 and has medical issues does not mean you'll get them. Each individual's body is NEVER the same internally - a child could have medical issues that a 75 year old wouldn't get. It's just a part of life. May you NEVER have ANY medical conditions or issues as you age and to be honest I never expected any of this to happen to me, but it did. I live with it but it's nice to able to tell folks about it. These are the only reason I'm not making tables until I can get things sorted out and I have not used my gaming computer but once yesterday (after two and a half months or not being on it). It's the machine I use to make VP stuff. Kind of surprised I waited so long but I did. I played some Ravensword Undaunted and it was a bit creepy playing and FPS. Of course I turned off blurring or I would have been sicker than a dog.

You may not have issues Anthias and you probably won't. I'm sure you won't. It's just that I do.

Thank you for your blessings sir. I can sure use them and in return I will send you some.

Here's hoping, thanks for the well wishes. I'm hoping to remain fortunate. I have a lifelong arthritic condition which slows me down some, but the Dr recently said I have the blood of a twenty year old. She didn't get the joke when I replied by asking her when she had seen the jars in my garage. Had three cancer scares in recent years all false alarms. If I can keep dodging bullets like that, I'm happy.

I hope you can dodge them too in the long run.

I hope to be around a long time, I have a three month old son I'd like to see grow up. So yeah, blessings aplenty here. So long as I can keep pace with the lad's mum... Young ladies are exhausting!

UPDATE: MRI shows nothing wrong so this means it's spinal related.

I also have to go for a lung cancer screening. I KNOW I have lung cancer as I've been smoking for over 20 years (since I was 12). Of course I've cut down HARD CORE but I KNOW I have it.

I am now waiting for some way of transportation since the hospital I go to is around 35 miles from here. Can't wait to see what my doctor sends me this time for transport since the last time the folks who run a specific run to and from where I live only do it once a month and you have to be 60 or older. This is getting tiresome.

I am currently waiting STILL for the town where I live to confirm monetary help so now I'm FLAT BROKE. $2 in my bank account so this is going to get majorly interesting to say the least.

I'm looking very much forward to the November 4th date for court via phone though. I hope this all can be done fast but knowing my luck it will take 50 years.

Not much else, same old bull. I've been playing Hedon 2: Bloodrite and it's a blast. LOVED part one but part two is even better.

Also been dabbling with VP so I hope I can find a little time to make something else.

THANK YOU SOMEONE. THANK YOU SO MUCH SIR!

Last edited by a moderator:
I checked and last post by druadic was February this year... so it's reasonable to assume I'm not committing a faux pas by reviving this topic haha

Attachments

• schauberger.jpg
    schauberger.jpg
    77.1 KB · Views: 6
Mr. S may be a controversial person, but would have been against flipper? Looking at the facts he would have been closer to seeing value in pinball than political currents which many regarded as close to him. And that also applies to figures whom you never would have guessed as being pro-pinball (hint: no hair).

Attachments

• man vs artist.JPG
    man vs artist.JPG
    46.5 KB · Views: 2
  • salazar1.jpg
    salazar1.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 2
  • dosto heart.jpg
    dosto heart.jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:

what, gimme break. lol​

the crumbling economy is puttin' the screws to everybody​

General chit-chat
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Chat Bot Mibs Chat Bot Mibs: Flipper Hermann has left the room.
      Back