VP8 Bally EM Recreation Wizard! (Bally 1975) Updated v1.0WL

No permission to download
Electro-Mechanical Machines

Greywolf

Perfectionist Bastard
Reaction score
Favorite Pinball Machine
the one that goes 'ding'
Wizard! has been updated from v1.0W to v1.3W at IRP.

Enjoy!

[read the zip file for an explanation as to what happened to the versioning]

The zip file had better explain what happened to 1.1 and 1.2 or you could be in trouble Wolf. I hope they aren't being held against their wishes.

John

Heh, John!

Nothing like that at all. The internal version was mistakenly given as 1.2 when 1.0 came out. Rather than try to go through convolutions to rationalise how release 1.1 came AFTER release 1.2, I just skipped 1.1 and 1.2 altogether.

How's the lightness on the table, John? I think this time it came out lighter than the first original version yet darker than the "day" version.

Both Wizard and AC are a bit darker than I prefer, but nothing I can't live with. AC is very close to what I like, while Wizard seems like it has a gauzey look to it to me.

John

This is not a proper VP8 version. I tried it on my Win98SE mainboard with VP8.1.1 (yes I installed the linked "emCORE+WolfCams.zip") and only get a script error with "init". VP6.1 crashes completely.

This is not a proper VP8 version. I tried it on my Win98SE mainboard with VP8.1.1 (yes I installed the linked "emCORE+WolfCams.zip") and only get a script error with "init". VP6.1 crashes completely.
I am getting same script errors.
I just tried running table and am getting same behaviour with VP6 and VP8.

edit......
maybe i don't understand.
i have a lot of IRPB from way back.
i never used vp6 or vp8.
at that time i think i used vp905/907/908
most rotate and play FS fine in 912.
some didn't work. they crashed and burned.
if you cant get 912 use 995.

Last edited:
But then properly mark the table as "VP9", not as "VP8", which is misleading.

My working VP installation is currently on a Win98SE mainboard (AMD K63+@550MHz, GeForce3 Ti220, 2 real ISA soundcards, 768MB RAM) which likely can not run versions above VP8. I may eventually install newer VP versions on the modern mainboard (Ryzen 2400G, 16GB RAM) inside my dual-PC case (a very modified Highscreen Colani bigtower of 1991), which is mainly a Linux system, and running VP on WINE does have issues either.

My working VP installation is currently on a Win98SE mainboard (AMD K63+@550MHz, GeForce3 Ti220, 2 real ISA soundcards, 768MB RAM) which likely can not run versions above VP8. I may eventually install newer VP versions on the modern mainboard (Ryzen 2400G, 16GB RAM) inside my dual-PC case (a very modified Highscreen Colani bigtower of 1991), which is mainly a Linux system, and running VP on WINE does have issues either.
eedit

If anything, this is pre VP8, not VP9.
It doesn't run in any VP exe.

Forum activity
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Chat Bot Mibs Chat Bot Mibs: AnushDCosta is our newest member. Welcome!
      Back