Popotte

Flipper is good for you!
Site Supporters
Solutions
Reaction score
Favorite Pinball Machine
Good old EM
Popotte submitted a new resource:

Wizard! (Bally - 1975) - Your senses will never been the same!

Wizard! (Bally - 1975) V1.00
IPDB No. 2803
NOTE:
You must have BAM with 3.57 version or higher

You can toggle (by the toggle HUD key) the HUD reel.
You access to the ajustment menu by the Special2Key in order to manage:
- balls per game,
- scrolling,
- difficulty (from easyer to harder),
- tilt handling: normal FP's way (8 warning allowed), liberal (16 warnings allowed), and not tilt,
- reset high...

Read more about this resource...

OK... It's my first FizX table.
If @TerryRed (or others) can have a look in order to say me if I made (no, where I made) errors, thanks in advance!
After that, a lot of (FizX) others tables...

Salut Popotte,

I'm just starting working with FizX myself.

Here is what I noticed that is missing from your table for it to use FizX 100%

1- You should add the FizX 1K Physics Ball. It can be saved as a default ball in the BAM folder but for those that did not, the ball will be erratic without it.
2- I saw that you had imported the FizX diverters, but I couldn't find them on the table in the FP editor. You basically need to put some over every rubber post you have on the table, and set them as invisible. Then name them RubberPost1, RubberPost2 and so on. If it's a rubber band between two posts, you also need to add an invisible wall and name it RubberBand1, RubberBand2 and so on. Once this is done, you need to add those in the table script under "Rubber settings for Table items" for this table. Those are missing for your table since it is showing the default code under Rubbers. I see you did add the diverters and sling diverters over the slingshots but you also need to do all other rubbers as well. Where you see RubberPostType# and RubberBandType# is where you need to match the item in the FP editor you added to cover rubbers. The equal # after that dictates which bounce force from 1 to 6 shown above the type listing.
1673300793140.png
3- The slingshots in the FP editor look fine but it doesn't look like you added the FizX slingshot codes to your table script. This needs to be done manually since this is located outside of the FizX copy/paste. On this table it's under the Rubbers section.

This is what you have right now.
Sub LSling_Hit()
LSling.SolenoidOff: If xBAM.Ball.HitSpeed < SlingshotThreshold * 100 Then Exit Sub
ScoreAdd 1, 10
PinMechSound_Left_Slingshot_Hit: SlingDiverter1.SolenoidPulse: SlingDiverter2.SolenoidPulse
End Sub
Sub RSling_Hit():
RSling.SolenoidOff: If xBAM.Ball.HitSpeed < SlingshotThreshold * 100 Then Exit Sub
ScoreAdd 1, 10
PinMechSound_Right_Slingshot_Hit: SlingDiverter3.SolenoidPulse: SlingDiverter4.SolenoidPulse
End Sub

This is how it should look:
1673300268759.png

Here is Terry's guide that explains it step by step:

I didn't check for FLEEP sounds and other things that Terry's guide covers. I checked FizX related physics.

Nice table but a few issues : The ball doesn't always release with 1st Pull, have to pull 3 times before it fires it correctly
2nd the right side curved shoot the ball always drains when it comes down, i have to nudge the table every time to stop this, is that normal?
Ive tried with flippers up and down.
Still a nice table though :-)

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230110_035019.png
    Screenshot_20230110_035019.png
    730.5 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
@Popotte

Great first attempt at applying the new AIO Example code and features to a table!

There are some issues I found. I made a post here outlining them, and what else needs to be done, etc.

Salut Popotte,

3- The slingshots in the FP editor look fine but it doesn't look like you added the FizX slingshot codes to your table script. This needs to be done manually since this is located outside of the FizX copy/paste. On this table it's under the Rubbers section.

This is what you have right now.
Sub LSling_Hit()
LSling.SolenoidOff: If xBAM.Ball.HitSpeed < SlingshotThreshold * 100 Then Exit Sub
ScoreAdd 1, 10
PinMechSound_Left_Slingshot_Hit: SlingDiverter1.SolenoidPulse: SlingDiverter2.SolenoidPulse
End Sub
Sub RSling_Hit():
RSling.SolenoidOff: If xBAM.Ball.HitSpeed < SlingshotThreshold * 100 Then Exit Sub
ScoreAdd 1, 10
PinMechSound_Right_Slingshot_Hit: SlingDiverter3.SolenoidPulse: SlingDiverter4.SolenoidPulse
End Sub

This is how it should look:
View attachment 35388

Here is Terry's guide that explains it step by step:

I didn't check for FLEEP sounds and other things that Terry's guide covers. I checked FizX related physics.

It looks like he has the correct code added to the Sling subs. He adjusted it as needed for the names of the sling rubbers on the table.

It looks like he has the correct code added to the Sling subs. He adjusted it as needed for the names of the sling rubbers on the table.
My apologies then for the confusion.

Sorry for the delay but one of my HD's have his MFT corrupted, so I have to restore it...

I feel you.. just lost 20TB not long ago. I hope you have backups of everything but it's still a pain to restore though, and time consuming.

I have backups. But, as you said, it's very time consuming.

I feel you both, had three nvme ssd's fail in the last three years (one a year) due to heat failure. Hoping I've fixed the issue cause I do not want to start over for a 4th time.

I never understand the problem with plunger kicker (I have the same problem with some (of mine) tables and not for others (mine tables).
It work during a lot of balls and suddenly it become weak...
So, I save plunger extension percentage and when the ball unhit the plunger trigger I work with the Ball.SetVelocity...

So being a slower table on principle I decided to look at FizX on an older table with lower slope than anything more modern and took a chance trying to not make my wrist worse.

Just in case I disabled the nudge function so I wasn't temped to use it and damn... I knew from the early stages it worked (i tested it) but this is the first table on the new FizX I've played (and the 1st in a quite a while!) and although it was just for a couple of minutes, I love the way it feels.

I hope you keep updating these classics in FP. Thanks for sharing these with us.

The loading screen still shows V1.00. Is there anyway of increasing the nudge force?

Thanks for the table!

The loading screen still shows V1.00. Is there anyway of increasing the nudge force?

Thanks for the table!
Yes (for the nudge):
- open the script
- go to line 382:
' <nudge impulse="120.0" impulseRandomness="25.0" warningLevel="250" leftAngle="60" upAngle="0" rightAngle="320" vectorRandomness="5" visualDistance="1" waitPeriod="300" maxBallVelocity="500.0"></nudge>
- then change nudge impulse and maybe MaxBallVelocity
- try
- change again (if it's not your taste)
- save

If I put <nudge impulse="520.0" the ball does funny things but the table itself barely moves. Maybe I'm misunderstanding 'nudge'.

Thanks for the info.

Yes (for the nudge):
- open the script
- go to line 382:
' <nudge impulse="120.0" impulseRandomness="25.0" warningLevel="250" leftAngle="60" upAngle="0" rightAngle="320" vectorRandomness="5" visualDistance="1" waitPeriod="300" maxBallVelocity="500.0"></nudge>
- then change nudge impulse and maybe MaxBallVelocity
- try
- change again (if it's not your taste)
- save

@jimform2k1

You can mess with the "visual distance parameter I suppose.

It does exactly what it says on the tin; it is just a visual representation of the nudge, it has nothing to do with the "impulse". you can have low impulse with lots of visual movement or vice-versa.

Just play with the numbers to your liking. I don't know the "unit" it uses so try 10 instead of 1 and it should be clear the difference.

nudge impulse="150.0" and visualDistance="4" seem good to me.

Thank you both!

Cool picture-flyers you found for these new updates, JP.

Ideally, they could be moved to the flyers Media section so they can also be found there.

General chit-chat
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Chat Bot Mibs Chat Bot Mibs: Flipper Hermann has left the room.
      Back