druadic

20+ YEARS as a VP author. How time flies...
Site Supporters
Solutions
Reaction score
Favorite Pinball Machine
Anything before 1939 (pre war), Firepower II, Agents 777

Attachments

• WOWScreenshotVPX.jpg
    WOWScreenshotVPX.jpg
    496.9 KB · Views: 251
Last edited:
Hope you're feeling alright, Druadic. Haven't seen you around here for awhile.

The site just underwent a huge upgrade,. Do let JPH or whoever else know if you run in to any problems or have questions or suggestions.

My health has kept me out of the loop for a few months. I will soon be on disability. Yeah, it's that bad, but I made and finished this table in January so I figured I would upload it. I haven't been working on VPX tables for those few months so it's time I jumped back onto it. I must have at least 10 tables on my desktop to finish.

As for the site update, I'm more than impressed and find that the change is a much needed update. JPH chose a NICE setup and it shows. I applaud his unflinching respect to VP and he has never faltered - JPH has an undying loyalty to pinball.

Talk soon; I frequent the big bag bar from the link over at VPF so you can find me there now and then. If not, just ask Itchigo and he can update you.

Will

Last edited:
Hi druadic, hope you get better and Thanks for WOW.

When we imported VBulletin into the new XenForo program, uploads since last May didn't get imported properly so I added them manually.
There are some new features, one of these is a option to upload a icon for the file, it will place a image on the title and category page, I used a thumbnail for your tables.
You should be able to do this when adding or by editing your file, Upload a new icon:

Let me know if you have any questions or problems.

Jon,

Thank you for your concern. It's appreciated. I too wish to thank you for your continued commitment to VP and all those that still support the desktop computer playability of the tables. It is much appreciated.

I have found your updates absolutely wonderful. I'm more than impressed and hope to learn more of it's usage as I TRY to make more tables.

Hope to talk with you soon.

Will

Talk soon; I frequent the big bag bar from the link over at VPF so you can find me there now and then. If not, just ask Itchigo and he can update you.
I forget if that's a subforums or a chat room, but I'll check it out one of these days. Meanwhile, feel free to check out PN's thread on books / movies / TV. If I do say so myself, there's a tonne of useful impressions and chatter about all that entertainment stuff. I've gotten some really good recommendations from the others, at any rate.

Also, I hope things work out on the disability front. I know someone who successfully got that sorted out with the govt, and you have my email.

Attachments

• WOWV1.2SCREENIE.jpg
    WOWV1.2SCREENIE.jpg
    696.7 KB · Views: 83
Dont open and crash VPX 10.7

I would wait until VP10.7 is out of BETA phase, before marking tables as broken.
I am sure this will be fixed before 10.7 is out of BETA phase.
Perhaps you should report your problem in the VP10.7 beta topic, and show them your crash log.
https://www.vpforums.org/index.php?showtopic=44135&page=1

Thank you for your time.

USE VPX 6.

There are NO errors with this table.

VPX 7 is not out of the BETA stage yet and is really useless to me at this point. Most authors DO NOT use BETA programs. They use FULL such as VPX 6 so they can be assured things are proper before a table is released.

PLEASE download or use FULL RELEASE VERSIONS only. Thank you.

oh yeah baby hes back :-)

you @druadic my friend, hadn't seen you around for a bit i was having withdrawal symptoms from your lovely recreations.

you @druadic my friend, hadn't seen you around for a bit i was having withdrawal symptoms from your lovely recreations.
I've been around Ian. I've just been dealing with my health issues and it hasn't been fun. My feet have been killing me so it's really tough to sit or stand for more than 20 minutes at a time. I'm LUCKY to be working on VP stuff for about an HOUR a day and that's it.

I've hired an attorney for SSI disability and it has been since 2019 since I've been TRYING to get this so it's NOT been easy.

Won't go into further specifics but I've been getting a bit worse. Eat once a day, sleep for two hours, stay up for an hour...sleep again for seven hours, stay up for an hour.....

Anyway I'm around. I'm just spectating for a little time right now. I have other stuff I'm working on but it's not ready yet. It will take time.

Sorry to hear that , my wife suffers from fibromyalgia so shes knows what its like she claims PIP ( personal independence payment ) in the UK, ive got a crumbling spine and discs that keep popping out, so i feel your pain my friend. I hope ( well you should ) get your disability allowance, always the case of people dragging there feet to make you wait its wrong, at least here in the uk its straight forward but still have wait 10 weeks from when you apply. No pressure for table, your health comes 1st.

I am praying for you my friend.
Hope your pain eases up.

They usually deny you the first couple times for SSI, so just hang in there bro.
Everything will work out for you.

VPX 10.7 crash Problem solved!

With VPX 10.6 delete the two lasts 9 objects collections from the collection manager and keep only the first one with 60 objects
Save the table
Open and play fine in VPX 10.7

Ian and xenonph;

It takes YEARS in the USA to get SSI disability. I know someone that it took over 8 years to get SSI disability. This is a complete FARCE as far as I'm concerned and it shouldn't be this way. The government wants you to work, but when you can't they do this.

I started working at the age of 8, filed my first taxes at 12 and worked till I was 48. I even TRIED returning to work in 2020 for three weeks but my feet wouldn't allow me more than 20 to 30 minutes of standing. Amazingly even after working for three weeks the state refused me ANY compinsation and still does to this day. Pretty sad as they want you to work but not look after you when you can lose a job. There are jobs here but at my age and my health no one will hire me and on top of that I can no longer drive anywhere; I need to have friends take me to do basic things such as grocery shopping and laundry.

I've been at this for two years but now the waiting game begins. Will take around 5 MONTHS for a court date which I don't even have to go to. My attorney goes to that and takes care of everything. I am now hoping and praying for another stimulus or I'm on the street.

This is my FOURTH TIME trying to get SSI disability so I was tired of the BS and called an attorney. Enough.

I have a whole host of issues, but when I got my paperwork from the SSI through the attorney there were things on there I had no idea about so I'm gathering my doctors have not told me everything. Seems they were keeping secrets from me about something "spinal" has also popped up so I'm a bit concerned. They at least could of TOLD ME about this and not had hidden it in their notes. I'm not angry but very disappointed at them.

Not much else really. I'm not going on and on - tired of it really.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

TO MRTR32: You should NEVER delete collections from a table. NOT a smart move as in numerous tables those collections are used within the scripts to run other places within a table. ALL of my tables use collections so you might want to MAKE SURE you are deleting the right things before posting your remark above. Just FYI.

Ian and xenonph;

It takes YEARS in the USA to get SSI disability. I know someone that it took over 8 years to get SSI disability. This is a complete FARCE as far as I'm concerned and it shouldn't be this way. The government wants you to work, but when you can't they do this.

I started working at the age of 8, filed my first taxes at 12 and worked till I was 48. I even TRIED returning to work in 2020 for three weeks but my feet wouldn't allow me more than 20 to 30 minutes of standing. Amazingly even after working for three weeks the state refused me ANY compinsation and still does to this day. Pretty sad as they want you to work but not look after you when you can lose a job. There are jobs here but at my age and my health no one will hire me and on top of that I can no longer drive anywhere; I need to have friends take me to do basic things such as grocery shopping and laundry.

I've been at this for two years but now the waiting game begins. Will take around 5 MONTHS for a court date which I don't even have to go to. My attorney goes to that and takes care of everything. I am now hoping and praying for another stimulus or I'm on the street.

This is my FOURTH TIME trying to get SSI disability so I was tired of the BS and called an attorney. Enough.

I have a whole host of issues, but when I got my paperwork from the SSI through the attorney there were things on there I had no idea about so I'm gathering my doctors have not told me everything. Seems they were keeping secrets from me about something "spinal" has also popped up so I'm a bit concerned. They at least could of TOLD ME about this and not had hidden it in their notes. I'm not angry but very disappointed at them.

Not much else really. I'm not going on and on - tired of it really.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

TO MRTR32: You should NEVER delete collections from a table. NOT a smart move as in numerous tables those collections are used within the scripts to run other places within a table. ALL of my tables use collections so you might want to MAKE SURE you are deleting the right things before posting your remark above. Just FYI.
Ok,

I've deleted collections to see whats elements from WOW table cause VPX 10.7 crash when open.
In VPX 10.7 the WOW table was not editable since this change done from VPX 10.6.

Finaly the workaround to solve crash i've done is to keep all three collections and simply set the collections like the three images attached

I just want to point the issues with this WOW table because it is the only table that crash VPX 10.7

This table is fun to play and really like it!

Thanks for this VPX game!:-)

Attachments

• Capture1.PNG
    Capture1.PNG
    48.4 KB · Views: 49
  • Capture2.PNG
    Capture2.PNG
    52.7 KB · Views: 49
  • Capture3.PNG
    Capture3.PNG
    49.7 KB · Views: 46
There ya go. I personally have had no time to check this out with the collections and all but glad to see you found another way to make it work.

Like I said, collections can be an INTEGRAL PART of ANY table and may be required by it from an author. It also makes things smoother if those collections are needed.

Enjoy the game.

Ian,

Here are all the VPX 6 tables I've done:

I released WOW! in 2020 so it is an older release but is for VPX. Just FYI. It's not new at all.

A new WOW! version for VPX 10.7 will be realy welcome.:-)

Thank you!

The cause of the issue with VPX 10.7 is the exclamation mark after "WOW" in the 'Custom info' of the 'Table info'. Simply make a variant of 'WOW' - 'Company' without the exclamation mark and remove the variant with exclamation mark to stay as close to the original.

Can't do the change because VPX crash at the moment I click OK to accept change

Tried older version 6.2 with the same issue.

Thanks

I did the modification in VPX 10.6.2, because it won't open in VPX 10.7.X. I had no issues doing the modification.

Forum activity
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Chat Bot Mibs Chat Bot Mibs: Mauma is our newest member. Welcome!
      Back