Flipper is good for you!
Site Supporters
Solutions
Reaction score
Favorite Pinball Machine
Good old EM
@ravarcade
Hello,
could it be possible to have this instruction for spinner?
Thank you in advance whatever the answer.

Last edited:
Done. Thanks for the tip.

Well.....my intelligence is not like yours..... mmmm .... this request of popotte leaves me, perplexed,curious and surprised.

and therefore makes me wonder in myself.....for first, how and in what way xBAM.CreateAllExt for spinner?
for second......I had opened a thread about the spinner, spinner but I think maybe yes maybe not ... they are two different things or request.

however, I had already asked Rav, for a way to configure the spinner by means of Bam ..... maybe you(popotte) call this request using the word "instruction" .... referring to xBAM.CreateAllExt .... but to it seems to me the same as my request .

having said that, I'm are curious to see what is, xBAM.CreateAllExt for spinner, I hope Rav, can answer you

On a first time, I would have .CreateAllExt for all, but, for Kicker, EMKicker, Magnet, SpinDisk, ..., we can deal with other features.
The only thing interesting is Spinner (and VariTarget, but as I'm a rare guy who use it, so... And I think the only way to deal with VariTarget is a little (delicate understatement) bit complicated, but it's an other story).
I think that the better way to deal with Spinner is to vary the parameters from spin to spin (maybe...).
So .CreateAllExt will be (perhaps) the solution.

I think that the better way to deal with Spinner is to vary the parameters from spin to spin (maybe...).
So .CreateAllExt will be (perhaps) the solution.
it is not yet clear to me, as you say.... how Create Ext will be (perhaps) the solution.

but if that's how I mean it, ie using xbam code, in the script then we are talking about the same thing .....
that is to configure the spinner via script ... in fact this is exactly what I asked Rav, in that period, when I opened my thread about the spinner....and I would also like for other things...as you say......CreateAllExt for all, but, for Kicker, EMKicker, Magnet, SpinDisk

@Popotte

There is a way of making some the XML values switchable in the script. Unfortunately, I don't think that changing the values for spinners will work using this method (but you might try it).

The code for xBAM.PhysicsXML (Cntrl "C" on the Physics Tweaks menu) is switchable in the script meaning you can change it at different points in the script. The problem with xBAM.PhysicsXML is there are many parameters that do not work. All the parameters are listed but some don't work. I think most of the parameters on the first screen of the BAM Physics Tweaks menu do work. ...So what you do is save the XML as comment in the script where all the parameters work. Then you perform the Cntrl "C" on the Physics Tweaks menu to get the xBAM.PhysicsXML and paste it into the script and then change the parameters like stable slope and ball characteristics. The xBAM.PhysicsXML code must be pasted in its entirety for it to work so you have to be sure all the values are the same as the XML as comment except for the ones you want to change.

If Rafal doesn't want to implement your createall idea, he might be willing to add parameters to xBAM.PhysicsXML that work.

My problem is mainly spinner. I have already cut and paste .xml. It's not a problem.
But, for me, the only way to have a good spinner is to change physic in real time (turn after turn).
Concerning the other parameters, I wanted (as it's not possible) to create a test table where you can change the parameters without having to left FP, correct one parameters, launch the table, escape, rechange, relaunch, ...
I do that 2-3 years ago for rubbers. First, I'm lazzy, second, it's boring... :cheers:

OK. The thing to do would be to ask Rafal to add the spinner settings to the BAM menu. At the time the existing settings were added, Rafal said he didn't have time to add all the settings that are in the XML. He might be willing to add the values for spinners.

OK. The thing to do would be to ask Rafal to add the spinner settings to the BAM menu.
I already did it some time ago, when I opened this thread, spinner ....imagine the answer.

General chit-chat
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Chat Bot Mibs Chat Bot Mibs: Flipper Hermann has left the room.
      Back