Bally Xenon (Bally, 1980) pinball leveling (setup)

boydsc331

Inserted Coin
Solutions
Reaction score
Favorite Pinball Machine
baseball
hello this is my first pinball game. is there a certain way to level the machine ? i assume side to side should be level but what about front to rear ? or do you just set it till it plays as fast or slow as you want it too? my pinball is xenon

i have my xenon set at six degress, but you can set it as you wish start slow and you get better at the game set it so it goes faster

To make xenon a gas, it would take 9. 9 stable isotopes.

Oh slope. Yes. That's up to you, and the ware on kicking parts.

thankyou for the response guys, hey flipper63 since you have a xenon i was wondering , on the drop down targets if i have 1 2 and 3 down and only number 4 up. sometimes the ball will get stuck resting on the side of number 4 . i have to make the machine tilt or open the glass to get it unstuck. does this ever happen to you ? my machine is set at about 6 degrees and level. maybe i just need new rubber band around there so its thicker and doesnt get stuck? any thoughts ? thankyou

check to see that the tarket drops freely, ,, you should get a new rubber kit for the machine i found when i buy a machine thats the best thing to do, new rubber makes a world if difference , you have a rare machine, its the first talking machine!!! you should check out how does the voice its facinating,,,,,,,,

buy a pool table round bubble level this will set all your four corners at the same time!
have some one on the top while another person goes under and using his/her back lifts it while adjusting the leg levelers.
I used to be that lucky guy underneath since i was tall and could lift it up easily just by flexing my back.
Yeah I'm paying for that crap now but hey it was fun back in the days when i was bulletproof!
Do two legs at a time, starting in the back. set your downward slope too while you are down there
too much the ball will drop way too fast down the field.

okay NO rubber bands are ever used on a pin. buy the correct rubber size from somewhere please! the only pins that used rubber bands were the home toy ones so do yourself a favor too since a correct rubber will last way longer than a rubber band and go get one you can buy them online at:
http://www.betson.com/amusement/Pinball/
there's tons of others too but please rubbers only from now on... :)

the hole around the drops may be worn also causing the ball to hang up there.
take a look at the entire hole see if that area is lower than the rest. yeah it's a tedious thing but part of owning a pin. you may have to build it back up with wood putty going the whole route again. hey this IS what restoration is all about! have fun and post with anything you decide to do!

how do ya' delete a post after opening the window to post a reply?
seems since i started this one I am forced to write anything
how can I delete the first opening I guess is what I am asking
this is why I seem to post alot too.
If I decide not to post but the window is open already I am stuck with posting at least one character as the program states!

Last edited:
lol ok thankyou faralos. when i say rubber band i meant rubber ring. sorry first pinball and all. (but on the positive side, im not stuck in one window) lol

A band of rubber IS a rubber band. A rubber band is a band of rubber. Only which type is used in which situation could be an issue. Generally when I think of a ring I don't think of something that would band objects, but instead something that would hold it's shape.

Come to think though, with my hair, a pinball rubber might make the best hair tie. The hair type stretch and they also break easy, and many are just too cute for me.

buy the correct rubber size
This too, might not bring pinball to mind, without the context:)

Last edited:
check to see that the tarket drops freely, ,, you should get a new rubber kit for the machine i found when i buy a machine thats the best thing to do, new rubber makes a world if difference , you have a rare machine, its the first talking machine!!! you should check out how does the voice its facinating,,,,,,,,

Williams Gorgar was the first talking pinball however Xenon was the first Bally game to use the Vocalizer Board instead of the Squawk and Talk board.

General chit-chat
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Chat Bot Mibs Chat Bot Mibs: Flipper Hermann has left the room.
      Back