Ye Old Space Station WIP

PacDude

Pinball Wizard
Solutions
Reaction score
I figure there's enough Medieval Madness tables out or coming out now so I'm thinking I'll drop the project and make something else instead, maybe Space Station here. Besides, Ultracade already has a MM and so there's no real driving reason to make one with interest levels in yet another new one dropping rapidly from what I've seen and me not havin that much interest in it to begin with.

I do need a good backbox photo of Space Station still, though so if someone has a good photo of it, let me know.

Attachments

• preview_0.1_213.jpg
    preview_0.1_213.jpg
    99.9 KB · Views: 1,189
Yea, this makes more sense...too many MM's and not other tables! Looks good so far.:)

Nice to see you working on space station. It's one of my favorite's although not to say MM isnt.

Interesting ! I'm curious if you can figure out a good solution for the GI. It turns green during multiball as far as I know.

Yeah, I've got a photo of that. I don't think it should be an issue, really.

Well, I must say I wish you would finish your Medieval Madness as I think you would do the best job with it, but there are plenty of strong versions either out or coming out soon at this point, so it's better to do something that will sustain your interest.

Space Station looks promising, and it could definitely use a new version.

Still got a long way to go.....

Attachments

• preview_0.2.jpg
    preview_0.2.jpg
    111.8 KB · Views: 1,141
NO - ORBITOR-1 :D

come on, you know your bored with flat playfields - go for something with challenge!!!!

Now, normally I dont get down on my knees and beg for anything...but...

PD.....PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEZE PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEZE FINISH MEDIVAL MADNESS..................PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEZE

Well Subzero, I'm seeing vastly more interest (16+ pages) in a mod of a 4+ year old table at VPF than a brand new one using the latest techniques here while PK goes on about unbeatable settings he now uses that are exactly 0.02 off from MY settings and frankly I just started thinking, WTF am I bothering for? The people? Who cares what they think? They're all just gimme gimme gimme anyway.

I figure I'd enjoy working on Space Station more than MM so I've put MM on the backburner indefinitely. I figure MM could be done in less than a month, but I don't really give a crap. You've got a mod of Macho's table coming in less than a fortnight (whatever the frack that is) plus that new Jamin version and Joxer's old version. How many versions of MM do you need, after all? Space Station looks like it needs more attention than MM at this point. But hell, I've got people YELLING in this thread about Whitewater. That kind of rudeness in a table WIP thread really pisses me off, so I think I'll put that one dead last on my list now.

And there's nothing FLAT about Space Station. Frankly, it's layout is more complex than MM, IMO at least in terms of doing plastic placements, etc. which were dead easy on MM.

Ahhh well, I did try, but in a good way at least were going to get a top notch version of Space Station :D

Ah well, I guess that's the price of fame, still I'm glad to see you're doing Space Station and it's looking good, sure played many more games on this pinball then the others, it actually had some rather cool sounds and light flashing displays, top notch pinball IMO.

Pacdude, you really put your heart into all of the projects that you take on and I know that this one will be no exception. Since you are the one making the table, then it is more important to work on a table that will make you happy in the end. Otherwise you are wasting your time. If you are not happy working on a table, then you are less likely to give it your all. I for one appreciate your work and thank you for sharing it. I just wish that I had 1/10 the tallent to manipulate graphics as you do. I am more of a problem solver as I did on Popeye in fixing the ball lock on Joep's original release.

85+% of the script is done now and most triggers are in place (save the bits that still require other parts to be added and even some of those are pre-coded). All the playfield light walls are in place and pre-coded. I've got to do the light maps, the rest of the ramps and the space station platform next, finish the coding and then do GI light and other flasher effects.

I still need a good backbox photo for this game, though. It won't look right without it.

(BTW, I'll probably finish MM at some point; I just don't feel like working on it right now....)

Attachments

• preview_0.3_265.jpg
    preview_0.3_265.jpg
    111.6 KB · Views: 1,110
I found the backglass at Mr. Hide's site. The angle is not the best though.
http://mrhide.pinnesota.org/gallery/albums/bg/spacestation.jpg
http://www.system11.org/images/fs/station_p1.jpg

Pacdude said:
85+% of the script is done now and most triggers are in place (save the bits that still require other parts to be added and even some of those are pre-coded). All the playfield light walls are in place and pre-coded. I've got to do the light maps, the rest of the ramps and the space station platform next, finish the coding and then do GI light and other flasher effects.

I still need a good backbox photo for this game, though. It won't look right without it.

(BTW, I'll probably finish MM at some point; I just don't feel like working on it right now....)

Well it's not a lot to work with though I've found this...

Attachments

• 63_3.jpg
    63_3.jpg
    84.9 KB · Views: 604
That should do fine. Thanks. I looked at his site myself, but the entry that was labeled Space Station was showing Space Mission pictures....I didn't see another entry there. Maybe I had an old link or something?

Wow, that's a great angle there, Steve. The resolution isn't quite as high as I would like, though. I'll see how correcting MrHide's picture turns out first....

Alright, backbox added....

Attachments

• preview_0.35_220.jpg
    preview_0.35_220.jpg
    117.3 KB · Views: 615
Basic playfield lights working....

Attachments

• preview_0.4_153.jpg
    preview_0.4_153.jpg
    118.8 KB · Views: 705
Lookin good PD...glad you've decided to finish up on yer Medieval Madness at some point in the future also. We can never have enough of a good thing. I just released the version I did so people could have something while they waited on PK's release and your eventual release.

Woo Hoo!! Thanks a GaZillion,PD
This table is now and at least getting
the treatment,which it needs and thanks
to Destruk&Co for the previous version. :thumright:

Looks great, PD. I'm really looking forward to seeing another 80's Williams table after all of these Ballys you've done recently. It will be a nice change of pace. It's kind of funny to think about it: Paragon to Monopoly to Space Station. Quite the gamut there.

This one is not bad at all :

image-2.jpg

or there is the Flyer in Better Quality :

2261f1.jpg

Forum activity
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Chat Bot Mibs Chat Bot Mibs: jumpyspider is our newest member. Welcome!
      Back