ZBRrollingballsoundslib.vbs

Toolman

Pinball Nudger
Reaction score
Favorite Pinball Machine
whatever was at my skating rink in 1971
I'm totally new to Future Pinball. But in my many table downloads, I keep seeing tables that come with the file named ZBRrollingballsoundslib.vbs, which is supposed to go into the Scripts folder. But hey, there can be only one. One file with that exact file name, I mean. So how can we make use of DIFFERENT sounds for different tables, when this file has the same name for so many games? Not once have I seen a suggestion to maybe put the file into a folder of it's own name within the Libraries folder. Heck, many table creators don't even tell you where to put this or that file.

Last edited:
I'm reeeaaally rusty at FP-related stuff, but doesn't that file go in the same directory as the table?

Also, have you actually compared a bunch of these files to see if it's the same file being used over and over, or whether it's somewhat unique, as you're wanting?

Last edited:
This is just the ball rolling and metal hit sounds, there's only a few sounds so there is no need to change it. If you do, then add different sounds in the vbs file and load those sounds in the game.

Some of our recent mods have included Smoke's external VBS file in code of each table, so users don't have to worry with learning where to put the VBS file and also table developers can then have there own tweaks instead of Smoke's default settings.

In addition to copy and pasting the code to the script...you also have import the sound files into FP music manager which is very easy and then also create one timer in table editor.

This is a simple way to add ball rolling sounds to all of your tables...

Where are these sound file? I added the bam physics to a older fp table and tweaked it, but I cannot get the ball sounds to work. I used create tracked and destroy tracked functions that are in the external scripts but can not for the life of me find the fpl file that is associated with the vbs script?

Where are these sound file? I added the bam physics to a older fp table and tweaked it, but I cannot get the ball sounds to work. I used create tracked and destroy tracked functions that are in the external scripts but can not for the life of me find the fpl file that is associated with the vbs script?
The sound files can be exported from the Music Manager of a table with ball sounds...and then imported back into the same on your table

I found the zfx files are those the ones I need? Still need to work on when the ball changes sounds it is a constant noise. I did add a timer.

I found the zfx files are those the ones I need? Still need to work on when the ball changes sounds it is a constant noise. I did add a timer.
No it is linked to ball tracking and velocity
You can substitute different sounds in script from those music entries to suit your taste
Smoke updated the code at gopinball ....it added ball hit sounds

Sorry my responses are vague.
The process is as follows:
1. Copy smokes script vbs file to the future pinball / scripts folder ( if it doesnt exist create it)

2. Import the music files into music manager

3.paste smokes code

4. Add the tracking code with create ball and stop tracking code with destroy ball

See smokes readme file

@wild posted a tutorial here of your code Gimli for smokes ball rolling sounds, I wish I had seen this earlier, cheers!

Ok, I have the ball rolling sounds in the script now and it works great.
Thanks Wild/Gimli for the info.
Found smokes new code the wall and ball hits sounds are awesome but too complicated to implement for me, I will stick to adding non rendered triggers to add these sounds.
So each table I am adding 9 music files, 6 ball rolling and 3 for ramps. My question is how many ball rolling sounds does this script use at once I am presuming only the one. I don't use the ramp sounds option at all.
So do I really only need to add the one ball rolling sound I prefer, everyone else seems to be adding all files but it seems like a waste of time if only one ball rolling sound is used, cheers!

Here is the info for smokes update

Becareful with that newer script (if your gonna use it i would suggest renaming it) it is throwing errors for UP tables and Nitro's tables about maxomega.

Last edited:
Sorry my responses are vague.
The process is as follows:
1. Copy smokes script vbs file to the future pinball / scripts folder ( if it doesnt exist create it)

2. Import the music files into music manager

3.paste smokes code

4. Add the tracking code with create ball and stop tracking code with destroy ball

See smokes readme file
thanks Gimli

Also have to add the timer too I think?

Thanks all added Nitros bam physics to my modified logic to match the original. Central Park table and rolling sounds are working. Works pretty great for this EM classic. Use special 1 to get a ball (the reason being is you can actually play with 5 balls at a time on this old classic.). Remember Nudge is your friend and a score over 1000 is great on this one. Nitro if you want to tweak anything and post this as a release you have my permission (it does require the rollingball script the old one not the hit one). The second file is the cfg for cabinet users just remove the txt.

Attachments

• Central Park_Gottlieb (1966).fpt
    17.3 MB · Views: 103
  • Central Park_Gottlieb (1966).cfg.txt
    3 KB · Views: 92
Last edited:
Ok, I have the ball rolling sounds in the script now and it works great.
Thanks Wild/Gimli for the info.
Found smokes new code the wall and ball hits sounds are awesome but too complicated to implement for me, I will stick to adding non rendered triggers to add these sounds.
So each table I am adding 9 music files, 6 ball rolling and 3 for ramps. My question is how many ball rolling sounds does this script use at once I am presuming only the one. I don't use the ramp sounds option at all.
So do I really only need to add the one ball rolling sound I prefer, everyone else seems to be adding all files but it seems like a waste of time if only one ball rolling sound is used, cheers!

Here is the info for smokes update
Thanks nitro
I usually import all the sounds and then choose which one to use in code based on the competing loudness of each table

Thanks nitro
I usually import all the sounds and then choose which one to use in code based on the competing loudness of each table
Hi Gimli,
Thanks mate, as always I learn so much from you!
I have just been maxing out the ball rolling volume on some tables, maybe I should of just picked the louder one? :clap:
Now I know what is the go, cheers!

Thanks all added Nitros bam physics to my modified logic to match the original. Central Park table and rolling sounds are working. Works pretty great for this EM classic. Use special 1 to get a ball (the reason being is you can actually play with 5 balls at a time on this old classic.). Remember Nudge is your friend and a score over 1000 is great on this one. Nitro if you want to tweak anything and post this as a release you have my permission (it does require the rollingball script the old one not the hit one). The second file is the cfg for cabinet users just remove the txt.
Hi jamsob,
Mate "added Nitros bam physics", none of this can be accredited to me.
I just copy and paste from everyone else that are smarted than me. It's a BIG list.
Table plays great, looks like you have it all sorted.
I feel the point for us all is to learn and encourage growth in the FP world.
We all have different taste's and ways of doing things, but sharing is caring. (f#ck what now, I want to throw up) ?
Seriously, do what ever works for you and post it, that's what I do, cheers!

Hi jamsob,
Mate "added Nitros bam physics", none of this can be accredited to me.
I just copy and paste from everyone else that are smarted than me. It's a BIG list.
Table plays great, looks like you have it all sorted.
I feel the point for us all is to learn and encourage growth in the FP world.
We all have different taste's and ways of doing things, but sharing is caring. (f#ck what now, I want to throw up) ?
Seriously, do what ever works for you and post it, that's what I do, cheers!
How did you change the loading image I assume you exported it and modified it somehow to add mod 2.0 and your name to the end?

nm I figured it out just in table info.

Last edited:
Mate I am very confused why you keep asking questions, only to tell us you have figured it out.
Figure it out first, then if you can't figure it out it's time to ask the question??

sorry if I say this, I don't want to be rude to someone, I had asked @NitroNimbus a courtesy in private, central park is a table of GF, and since I have opened a thread in his memory, where slowly I am inserting his tables, but if for now it is possible not to modify his tables, I say thank you

Nitro if you want to tweak anything and post this as a release you have my permission (it does require the rollingball script the old one not the hit one). T

Sorry @jamosb I don't understand, what permission are you talking about and what kind of permission are you giving to @NitroNimbus , if you could explain better ... please

question but are you Margoni?

Hi Wild,
Fuck being rude!!! I understand!!
Mate I will never post these tables as requested. You lost a good friend and we all lost a great table creator.
But I am not the one who is posting this. Just wanted to encourage the process of sharing one's take on a table.
He just wants to jump in feet first, I appreciate the enthusiasm but we all know it can have negative consequences.
No offense but this is a hard road being part of this community, I guess this is why it is the only forum I contribute too and offer my dribble.
No one listening anyway...
Wild there are not many left who can build tables like you, we can only mod, cheers!

Forum activity
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Chat Bot Mibs Chat Bot Mibs: Wolfkell is our newest member. Welcome!
      Back