Can I save state in Future Pinball??

capturelife

Pinball Nudger
Hey sorry but I have googled this question and got nowhere, is there a key or something I can press in game to save my current game state?

Ike Savage

Pinball Porcupine
Staff member
Site Supporters
I've never heard of an across-the-board feature like that for FP.

A big thing to note here is that FP isn't a straight emulator like MAME, console systems, or even VPMAME. Each table re-creation is in effect a custom emulator running within the set of physics and simulation toolboxes called "Future Pinball."

'Save state' is something you could program in for any given table in VP, and I assume that would also be true for FP. But it would be specific to that particular table.

That said, with a small amount of programming knowledge, it shouldn't be too hard to add that feature for the table you have in mind. Could be kind of a fun project, in fact.

capturelife

Pinball Nudger
Ah OK, thanks for the quick response, sounds above my head lol, I am playing A nightmare on Elm street, Its has so many levels and unlocks but no continue feature and I'm always back at square one. If you happen to be looking for a fun project, be my guest :)

Ike Savage

Pinball Porcupine
Staff member
Site Supporters
I mean, you could always go in the editor and give yourself some cheats. Change the shape and location of the gates, add some bogus posts, that sort of thing.