How do I adjust ball speed in FP, please?

FLB

Pinball Nudger
Reaction score
I am just finally digging into FP, and need to make some speed adjustments on a few tables.

FP itself plays just great though, it's just the ball is way too fast plunging on some tables and needs tweaked, goes so fast on one it's hitting the enter the actual table divider thingamajig and coming back to the plunger on a favorite table too often.

On VP I know how to do this, didn't see anything in FP.

TIA!

Solution
The easiest way to change the speed of the ball is to change the table slope in the FP editor. A higher number makes it play faster. If you want to deep dive, change the 3 ball parameters in the XML that can be changed on the "Physics Tweaks" menu of BAM.
I have a simlar problem. T2 i feel the tabel is too slow. But in other games like Masters of the Universe it is perfect

The easiest way to change the speed of the ball is to change the table slope in the FP editor. A higher number makes it play faster. If you want to deep dive, change the 3 ball parameters in the XML that can be changed on the "Physics Tweaks" menu of BAM.

Solution
I change the slop of the table. Then it seemed better. But when I had to go back to the game the table degree was back to 6.6. Then I worked it out. I needed to open the script and then recompile it.

Tables that have the XML in the script also have a parameter in the script for table slope. If the slope is saved in the script, FP/BAM will use it instead of what is listed in the FP editor. On my tables, I usually try to remember to remove the parameter from the script to force FP/BAM to use what is saved to the FP editor (though I don't always remember). That way, guys will avoid being frustrated when they try to change it. Plus, another thing to remember is that any BAM coding that is saved to the script as a comment (like the XML) must have changes saved and the FP editor closed before the changes take effect. Otherwise, the old values are used.

Forum activity
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Mibs Mibs: Isaac Sauvage has posted a new reply in the thread "How to Install Addressable LEDs".
      Back