WHO Dunnit 1947 (Midway, 1995) (Bally, 2021!) MOD

VPX Bally SS Recreation WHO Dunnit 1947 (Midway, 1995) (Bally, 2021!) MOD v1.1

No permission to download
AUTHOR'S NOTES:
Who Dunnit 1947 is an attempt to bring the 1995 Bally game closer to its classic noir origins, reducing the color palette and redesigning many art elements to a more subdued deco style.

This mod of ninuzzu/djrobx's Who Dunnit project was given new art, rothfozzy physics, the full fleep sound package, and rendered lighting and textures. Thanks to all who contributed to the mod: rothbauerw for physics and scripting help, benji for the sound work and insert models, tomate, sixtoe, and the rest of the VPW crew for testing and troubleshooting, flupper for insert models, JR for always being up for talking classic film noir, and a host of early testers. Most of all thanks to ninuzzu and djrobx for the game that I built this on.

I highly recommending changing your DMD color palette to black and white before playing.

Enjoy, and go watch Out of the Past this weekend.
IKE'S NOTES:
Due to a pokey ol' computer, I'm not much of a modern VPX player, and I didn't learn about this wonderful MOD until just recently.

After contacting Bord, he gave me permission to link to the place where he's maintaining it, which is VPU. So that's where the download button links. Most importantly, I simply hope that people who might not have been aware of this table can give it a look & a play. :-)

As for me, this mod strikes me as being both natural & excellent. "Natural," in that what we're seeing here is maybe how Bally-Midway should have presented the table in the first place. And "excellent," in that I thought Bord did an absolutely exquisite job of re-colorising the table in deco / noirish fashion.
FINAL NOTES:
- I understand that Bord (and perhaps VPW / others), are looking for better scans of the original game. If a real-life owner wanted to step up, I'm sure that would be greatly appreciated.
- I feel that we're all hugely lucky to have sites like VPU & VPF. Sure, torrents & archive.org are all very well, but at VPU & VPF one will typically find loads of other pin-heads working on the same issues, being willing to talk, help, collaborate, etc.
- Wouldn't you know it, there are indeed complementary media items to pair with this particular mod. Check out a bunch of them here.
ROM------------------>
  • WD1947 DT.crop.jpg95.jpg
    WD1947 DT.crop.jpg95.jpg
    852 KB · Views: 273
  • WD1947 BG.resize.jpg95.jpg
    WD1947 BG.resize.jpg95.jpg
    231.1 KB · Views: 279
  • WD1947 closer look.resize.jpg95.jpg
    WD1947 closer look.resize.jpg95.jpg
    289.4 KB · Views: 273
Reactions: xenonph
Author
bord
Downloads
Views
First release
Last update
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings
General chit-chat
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Chat Bot Mibs Chat Bot Mibs: roachie has left the room.
      Back