BAM BAM Update v345

Exclusions in Defender aren't good enough for the FP / VP problems it causes. That doesn't disable the realtime monitoring it does for vbs.

I think some of the problem tables were Steve Paradis tables... some others. @GeorgeH knows, as he removed the problem commands and replaced them on Robots Invasion.

Also... @Gimli and @GeorgeH @ravarcade .... what is the command in BAM to fix the FP score limitation bug that can cause a table to crash if the score goes too high? I wanted to add it to Sonic Pinball Mania to make sure that's never an issue.

Paolo is right the code is xBAM.FixScore but there are some conditions to make it work. You need to test it to make sure it works. Add this keycode and press the "V" key after the game starts. if it doesn't produce a score overflow message then everything is OK.

If keycode = 47 then ' V key
AddScore(900000000000001)
End if

There is some coding that cannot be used with xBAM.FixScore or xBAM.FixScore won't work. All I can remember you can't use a \ command. All of Rav's guidance got lost when the GoPinball site went down. Maybe @ravarcade could tell us the requirements again.

Exclusions in Defender aren't good enough for the FP / VP problems it causes. That doesn't disable the realtime monitoring it does for vbs.

I think some of the problem tables were Steve Paradis tables... some others. @GeorgeH knows, as he removed the problem commands and replaced them on Robots Invasion.

Also... @Gimli and @GeorgeH @ravarcade .... what is the command in BAM to fix the FP score limitation bug that can cause a table to crash if the score goes too high? I wanted to add it to Sonic Pinball Mania to make sure that's never an issue.

The "execute" and "eval" commands in the script cause Defender to perform a real time protection scan in order to detect viruses. It never finds any viruses but the scan uses all available resources to do the scan and robs resources from the game play which causes stuttering. I fixed it on several tables by changing the code to the longer form that does not use the commands. This is an example:

' Dim b1
' for b1=1 to 8: Execute"EmKicker"&b1&".SolenoidPulse": next

EmKicker1.SolenoidPulse
EmKicker2.SolenoidPulse
EmKicker3.SolenoidPulse
EmKicker4.SolenoidPulse
EmKicker5.SolenoidPulse
EmKicker6.SolenoidPulse
EmKicker7.SolenoidPulse
EmKicker8.SolenoidPulse

There are many examples on the table "Creature From the Black Lagoon". Just search the script of the current version of the table for "execute" or "eval" and it will bring you to the code that I remarked out and changed it to the code that is directly below the remarked out code.

I have in the past asked Microsoft to change some false positives on Defender. I seem to remember that the DofLinx.vbs file was being falsely flagged as a virus at one time and they fixed it.

Paolo is right the code is xBAM.FixScore but there are some conditions to make it work
What condition are you referring to? it might be useful to know,G!
I have always done a test, for my tables, nor those that use a DMD, so that they can exceed the limit set by FP, and I have always noticed that it resets to zero,using only xBAM.FixScore.

There is some coding that cannot be used with xBAM.FixScore or xBAM.FixScore won't work.
not clear,sorry!!

Last edited:
I just found out that there is a change in BAM v345 that is not mentioned anywhere that I know about.

You can add script to a library file by renaming VBS script as tga. You add the tga file as script
in the Resource Library Editor. You click on script to import your tga file. It will only show a vbs file on the import window so you have to manually type your script filename with tga extension to import it. Then you add a call in the script like this to run it:

ExecuteGlobal LoadExternalScript ("[library name].fpl\[file name].tga")

I don't really know what the advantage is to doing this. ..But some of you may find a use for it.

General chit-chat
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Chat Bot Mibs Chat Bot Mibs: roachie has left the room.
      Back