Bogus Offer

GeorgeH

Flippered Out
Site Supporters
Solutions
Reaction score
Favorite Pinball Machine
Attack From Mars
I happened to find this website that says you can check to see if you qualify for free solar panels by entering your zip code. I noticed however that you can enter any zip code in the USA and it will say that you qualify. While it is true that you can get a tax break for installing solar, this is still some pretty deceptive advertising:

Last edited:
MANY places won't allow solar panels. You'll have to check your township or city. You'll put money into solar panels before you see any return money wise. It's VERY deceptive. It takes YEARS to make a return on your money put into it.

Solar panels also fail BIG TIME. Usually within 5 to 15 years they'll need to be replaced. Most folks are oblivious to this until it is too late and their roof has been ruined. Panels MUST be bolted into the roof and when you go to fix your roof this all must be replaced if you require shingles to be replaced.

Too much money to be planted into solar panels.

MANY places won't allow solar panels. You'll have to check your township or city. You'll put money into solar panels before you see any return money wise. It's VERY deceptive. It takes YEARS to make a return on your money put into it.

Solar panels also fail BIG TIME. Usually within 5 to 15 years they'll need to be replaced. Most folks are oblivious to this until it is too late and their roof has been ruined. Panels MUST be bolted into the roof and when you go to fix your roof this all must be replaced if you require shingles to be replaced.

Too much money to be planted into solar panels.

I think that solar panels have been improved over the years. Most websites say they last 25 years but I'm not sure I believe it. I agree with everything else you said.

I'm not into electric cars either. Car manufacturers claim they last the life of the car but I have a friend that had a hybrid gas/electric car and the batteries only lasted about 5 years. Of course, he drove a lot. When you have to replace them, they cost about one-third of the price of a new car.

I think that solar panels have been improved over the years. Most websites say they last 25 years but I'm not sure I believe it. I agree with everything else you said.

I'm not into electric cars either. Car manufacturers claim they last the life of the car but I have a friend that had a hybrid gas/electric car and the batteries only lasted about 5 years. Of course, he drove a lot. When you have to replace them, they cost about one-third of the price of a new car.
We decided to be early adopters of a Geothermal heating/cooling system with a lake loop about 15 years ago as there were huge incentives at that time.

The lake loop kept popping up like the Loc Ness Monster and ultimately we converted the Geothermal loop to a land based one
Since then we have had to replace the coil and the compressor and now the coil is failing again.

The HVAC provider can change the coil again for $5000 but as the there are other components that will likely fail they are advising replacing the Geothermal system (keeping the existing loop) for $20,000 k !!!

We are considering switching to natural gas.
These new technologies seem promising but the costs can be exorbitant and at the end of the day you have to question whether there is any "save the environment /save the world" benefit at all.

General chit-chat
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Chat Bot Mibs Chat Bot Mibs: paskite has left the room.
      Back