Bally EM Bow and Arrow (Bally, 1975) Need help with EM credit step up/down not working

Electro-Mechanical Machines

dagger

Pinball Nudger
Reaction score
Favorite Pinball Machine
Bally Bow and Arrow
Hi all,
I'm new to Pinball Nirvana and restoring a 1970's era Bally Bow and Arrow. Started with a unit that had multiple issues including broken relays, lights, and whole host of other things. Last month I was able to get all of the play field components working for a single player but things worked really well including dropping coins would add credits and starting play would use credits.

Most recently I got the multi-player working by cleaning the player units. But after getting that working ,the 100k latch / triggers didn't work right and would light up on reset if the 10000 digit was non-zero for that player. Cleaned the score relay contacts for stacks 3 and 7 as these are what showed on the schematics and that is now working. The schematics can be found at: https://pinballaustralia.com/PDF/Bally_1975_Bow_and_Arrow_Service_Manual.pdf

I'm at the point where all play field / bonus components work really well. Scoring works correctly for all players and unit resets consistently. My issue is that the credit step-up and step-down does not happen when the coin microswitches are triggered or play button is pressed. Here's what happens:
  1. When playing a game the credit steps up correctly when you reach 71000 points or other extra game bonus features
  2. Dropping in a coin activates the 2nd Coin Chute Relay but no resets or other actions occur
  3. I can hold the coin drop micro switch and the 2nd Coin Chute Relay activates and holds with no other action
  4. If I manually press the 2nd Coin Chute Relay with my finger it does trigger the score motor and depending on how long I hold it it will add credits.
  5. I've cleaned the contacts on the 2nd Coin Chute Relay with a burnisher
  6. Pressing the game start button correctly puts things in play mode but does not step down the credits (basically its acting like it is in free play).
  7. Pressing the game start button multiple times correctly add players but does not step down the credits used.
Any thoughts or ideas are appreciated.

General chit-chat
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Chat Bot Mibs Chat Bot Mibs: qinnuendo has left the room.
      Back