Solved "Cabinet Mode'' option in Pinmame settings , what does it exactly do ?

Clsx

Pinball Wizard
Reaction score
Favorite Pinball Machine
Black Knight
HI ;

I noticed in pinmame options menu (the one comes up when you right click the dmd and go into settings menu) there is this option

But makes no difference when it is checked or not

What does it exactly do ?

Thanks

Solution
@Clsx
Checkmarking "Cabinet Mode" in rom options removes the rom warning, when you first start table that has rom you haven't used yet.
Capture2.PNG

You can also get to these rom options settings by clicking F1 while table is running. No need to right click on the DMD.
@Clsx
Checkmarking "Cabinet Mode" in rom options removes the rom warning, when you first start table that has rom you haven't used yet.
Capture2.PNG

You can also get to these rom options settings by clicking F1 while table is running. No need to right click on the DMD.

Solution
@Clsx
View attachment 26963

Thanks a bunch

So even if I'm on pc (not a cabinet) I should check it in order to get rid of these warnings , right ?

I think another reason to check 'Cabinet mode' is the DMD window can be moved freely (eg to a second or third monitor). Position (x, y, width, height) is saved for each pinball machine.

General chit-chat
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Chat Bot Mibs Chat Bot Mibs: Killabot has left the room.
      Back