Diner by Williams (1990) Desktop version for VP9 ?

Clsx

Pinball Wizard
Reaction score
Favorite Pinball Machine
Black Knight
Hi

I've been looking for a desktop version of this great table but I've only been able to find VP8 , VP9 FS and VPX versions of it

My setup is not powerful enough to play VPX full speed (yep even on low settings) so I mainly use VP9/Physmod tables

I already have and play the VP8 version but I'd like to know/play VP9 version if possible

Best regards ;

Hi

I've been looking for a desktop version of this great table but I've only been able to find VP8 , VP9 FS and VPX versions of it

My setup is not powerful enough to play VPX full speed (yep even on low settings) so I mainly use VP9/Physmod tables

I already have and play the VP8 version but I'd like to know/play VP9 version if possible

Best regards ;
You can find Diner VP9 DT version here...

Thanks for the quick reply !

By the way it says WS (widescreen?) B2S version , can I just run and play it as I run any ordinary VP9 desktop table or do I have to adjust the script accordingly ?

I'm on a single screen setup , my laptop connected to the living room tv , use the default vpinmame dmd

Thanks for the quick reply !

By the way it says WS (widescreen?) B2S version , can I just run and play it as I run any ordinary VP9 desktop table or do I have to adjust the script accordingly ?

I'm on a single screen setup , my laptop connected to the living room tv , use the default vpinmame dmd
Let me download it and check it for you.
Stay tuned.

@Clsx
So this is setup for the old B2S backglasses that were exes.
2 things you need to do, to make it work without the B2S.
Open table script and on LINE 49 and you will see this...

LaunchBackGlass "Diner_WS_B2S", True

Change it to...

LaunchBackGlass "Diner_WS_B2S", False

Now go to LINE 105 and you will see this...

.Hidden = 1

Change that to ...

.Hidden = 0

Now the PinMAME window will show and the backglass is not used.

If this seems to hard to do, I added table as attachment, with these 2 changes already made.

Attachments

• Diner_WS_B2S edited.zip
    22.8 MB · Views: 6
Thanks a ton ! worked flawlessly :)

Btw how can I edit the table so that it shows a backglass image or a poster of the table at the left / right sides (which is currently blank,very possibly due to the original author meant it to be played in a different way)

Thanks a lot

Thanks a ton ! worked flawlessly :)

Btw how can I edit the table so that it shows a backglass image or a poster of the table at the left / right sides (which is currently blank,very possibly due to the original author meant it to be played in a different way)

Thanks a lot
I just downloaded Flupper1's Diner version. Opened up the Image Manager, and Exported his DT Backdrop.
Opened the VP9 version, went into Image Manager, and Imported his DT Backdrop.
Adding as attachment. EDIT: Check Below for better DT Backdrop by Cliffy.
Capture.PNG

Last edited:
Here's my perspective corrected backdrop for Diner too. I didnt like how the picture frames were tilted so far forward so made this one for myself.

Attachments

• Diner-BD-1200-CCR.png
    Diner-BD-1200-CCR.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 6
@Cliffy
Thanks! Looks great when it is not warped!

@Clsx
Added Cliffy's Backdrop (shown above) to table.

Attachments

• Diner_WS_B2S with Cliffy Backdrop.zip
    24.6 MB · Views: 6
Wow , thanks a lot , pals ! Finally enjoying one of my favourite tables in all VP9 glory :-) and more to choose from , the better !

clsx, i'm just curious.
why DeskTop?
Why ? Well , only one tv in house to connect (apart from playing on tiny laptop screen) , and I have this strong feeling that wife wouldn't be happy to see living room tv rotated vertically for sake of pinball lol

hit the thrift stores and pawn shops for a used flatscreen just for your PB.
don't let the pawn shops play you.
some of those TVs are 3-5yrs old.

Last edited:
Some people do not have any room for a cabinet. (I am one of them.)
Yes cabinet users have a backglass on seperate screen, but DT users can run backglass on same screen as table.
It won't be as big, as it will need to be placed in upper left of table, without interfering with table play.
I have always ran my tables and backglasses in DT mode, on 1 screen.
I think there are more DT users, than there are Cabinet users.

Long live the Desktop Users!!

Some people do not have any room for a cabinet. (I am one of them.)
Yes cabinet users have a backglass on seperate screen, but DT users can run backglass on same screen as table.
It won't be as big, as it will need to be placed in upper left of table, without interfering with table play.
I have always ran my tables and backglasses in DT mode, on 1 screen.
I think there are more DT users, than there are Cabinet users.

Long live the Desktop Users!!
yeah, i get it.
after playing real PB way back i feel the FS tables is as close to real PB as i will get at this time.
i could do a cab.
decided not to at this time because i will stay with a 1 PF screen setup.
don't need a full cab.
i put my 48class and PC in the corner when not using it.
then i take out of the corner and prop it up until i get around
to designing a simple folding cab for 1 screen.
there is a member here that posted a design he built himself that folds up to the wall.
i have had an idea for something like that for a long time.

Last edited:
General chit-chat
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      xenonph @ xenonph: @oilpainter27 find here...
      Back