Help DMD fonts brightness

AnonTet

Pinball Master
Site Supporters
Solutions
Reaction score
Favorite Pinball Machine
Indiana Jones
I looked around, can't make or find anything on how to make the font's brighter.

From the FP manual the luminance is locked to whatever DMD font was created with and no FP / BAM option can change that.
Of course, using some software (DMDPaint of GFX2DMDF) is apparently possible but instructions on how to do that are non-existent or I can't find them.

Can anyone help? DMDs in FP are like dark magic apparently :)

Answering my own question as my blindness seems to have dissipate :D
FP - File - DMD Font Editor...

Hope this can be useful :)

Well this hint might help you AnonTet. Indeed the DMD light is blocked. But what you could do is rasterize the colors of the image, and put it into black and white. As so you can see what (white color or brighter) and what (white color are darker), like that you can see the levels of black, grey to white. In my very old game Crazy Skull
You can see a DMD on the top right of a animated skeletor, you should notice the color of the arms, the head and the rest. So you see it is possible to make somehow some (shade colors) clear or darker.
Here is an old pdf guide i have made about the software Gfx2DmdF
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B60m6W-FuLPHZ0VRWHFLTThTUFk/view?usp=sharing
Hope that it help.

General chit-chat
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Chat Bot Mibs Chat Bot Mibs: qinnuendo has left the room.
      Back