Bally Eight Ball (Bally, 1977) problem

Sofakingcraze

Pinball Nudger
Reaction score
Favorite Pinball Machine
Star Trek tng
I got a Bally eight ball with a strange problem when I start the game on the first ball as soon as I launch the ball and start playing the pin starts scoring 100 and won't stop till it gets to about 55,000 then the game plays fine and never does it again until it's turned off and sets for a while. Any ideas I've looked at all the switches can't see anything oblivious thanks for looking!

the first thing i would check is to go into the self test switch test function. a 00 in the display means that none of the switches are closed. if a different number appears the manual will tell you what switch location is closed. sometimes giving the playfield a good rap will show a intermit. closed switch. in this era of ballys pins, small disc capacitors were soldered across some of the switches to allow the mpu board to see a longer switch closure time. these caps go bad in time and might show up as a closed switch. some people just cut these caps off and dont replace them. but might result in lost scoring. so replacing the older caps with new ones should be done.

General chit-chat
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Chat Bot Mibs Chat Bot Mibs: hellrzr2k1 has left the room.
      Back