Error messages when i try to run visiual pinball in vista

tarkovsky7

Inserted Coin
Reaction score
Hi Everybody,

I just got a new computer with windows vista installed on it. Now, I'm having problems running Visual Pinball the error messages are(some or all are related to each other)

1. unable to open wpc.vbs. make that it is in the same folder as this table. variable undefined
2. can't load pvpinmame variable undefined
3. vpinmame ver0155000 required
4. wpc.vbs ver 3.26 or higher required

Please help, I love Visual Pinball and have no other pinball outlet in my area.

Thanks So Much!!!!

Run VP as an administrator.

The McD

I ran it as as an administrator and those are still the problems i am having.

You said you have used the Visual Install Pack to install everything, did you perhaps forget to install VPinMAME when the window popped up?

(BTW, i will be merging this thread into the first one later. To post a reply please click the 'Post Reply' button, not 'Create New Thread'. Thank You.)

I deleted vp and reinstalled and now the only error message i get is:
Unable to open WPC.VBS. Ensure that it is in the same folder as this table. Variable undefined.

Any help/suggestions is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

To future readers:

This thread was a double and the problem has been solved in the first one. (I simply forgot to merge them - he didnt install VPM.)

The solution for the non-accessible scripts is to run VP in AdminMode (or turn off UAC) so VP will have access to them.

CompMode is not necessary as VP and VPM run fine in Vista.

General chit-chat
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Chat Bot Mibs Chat Bot Mibs: eathearty has left the room.
      Back