Bally First Post....non-working tables

IBEWBrother

Inserted Coin
Reaction score
Favorite Pinball Machine
Twilight Zone
I apologize if this is in the wrong place. I have run across 2 non working tables. $800 for both. A Six Million Dollar Man and a Spy Hunter. I would like to know if either of them could be fixed....new board..or parts....or if they are just big paperweights now.

My First Post.........

Brother.

The simple answer is yes. You can fix both machines.

The complex answer is yes, you can fix both machines, but it depends on how much knowledge you have and how much money you're willing to spend to recondition both of them.

Most games that have been out of service could use a new rubber kit and usually one or more of the parts has attributed to it standing out of service. It could be something as simple as a broken wire, blown fuse or a slew of missing or broken/ damaged parts.

Chances are, if the games look complete inside and out, they likely just need some testing done to them, accompanied by some parts and service.

I saw the ad on CL, and sent an e-mail, but haven't heard back. The ad said both have bad boards (leaking batteries?), so they might not be worth the trouble.

On a happier note...I go Sunday to pick up my first pin..

a board can range anywhere from around $50 to hundreds of dollars
so just how bad do you want these pins?
imo they are still worth buying if only to learn from

@faralos

I still haven't heard back...but I am just starting this hobby. I don't want to grow a garden, or spend a small fortune on an old car.... But..I think I could enjoy working on a pin. The tables I posted about ...I thought... would give me a nice "deep end" approach to troubleshooting.

I am a Journeyman Inside Wireman...and I consider Industrial automation controls my specialty...So I think I might be able to work on one.

I've never soldered a board...but I have some old electronics laying around that I intend to practice on. I've done encoder ends and oddball old connections, but never boards. Speaking of which...any recommendations for a good iron and sucker?

Thanks All.....

Any thoughts are always appreciated

Noob<

Brother

any variable temp solder station will work
do NOT use a regular soldering gun as they run way too hot for board work
any decent solder sucker works too you can get one at Radio Shack or Staples
for around $15
and make sure for the solder station it has or you buy a fine tip
for close up (board) work
a jewelers loupe may come in handy too for close up work on boards

General chit-chat
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Chat Bot Mibs Chat Bot Mibs: momohoho27 has left the room.
      Back