Flipper example

Shockman

appropriate at this time
Solutions
Reaction score
Favorite Pinball Machine
Star Trek
This is an example with exaggerated settings. The down swing is very slow until it needs to be fast.

It's harder with VPM, this method, but I think it will work as well.
I replaced POTOs flippers with ones used by VP only and not VPM and could not tell the difference, but the technique worked with that as well.

Attachments

• demo_108.zip
    33.6 KB · Views: 281
I don't know how to pass variables from VPM to VP, so have had no success so far with using this method in the core.

This was suppose to be a post not a thread. I failed in my attempt though. It's locked. the password is protected, I think. This as i said is exaggerated, in function it could be thought of as just a booster when and only when the ball is actually where it could and probably will be in contact with the ball. In real life, a real table, VP speaking, then you aren't going to notice much. It eliminates the ball through the flipper in just another way, probably used before. With the next release I hope to have the flippers downswing only speeding up to the point that it needs to. I have done that, but at certain set values, not in a dynamic way. there is no problem when the flipper is still, and the values I played with when the flipper would just beat the ball down, and stop, and with lower elastic setting than I would have liked, that drop catches were possible. I have not seen many balls through the flippers when I have played originals, people are taking care of this in one way or another it seems, this can get fairly advanced I think and fairly portable. I can imagine, since we have control of the ball as well that we could do some simple physics there and help things like drop catches, and a bit of spin on the ball and eliminate those ballistic balls you see with back slaps often. Even increase the vector resolution of the ball off the flipper. Why? because it's there (I think) When? I don't know. One thing I am certain of though, is that I would not know how to do some of that stuff. I use to know. The hardest thing, I imagine, would be applying the sine wave and converting it to velx and vely, for the spin, but then I would put that at the bottom of this particular features list.

General chit-chat
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • JonPurpleHaze @ JonPurpleHaze:
    Getting ready....Idalia Boyd – Hula Hoopin’
  • Free Bally! @ Free Bally!:
    yuh yuh yuh yaayaayy
    Wow stated a new line automatically, ran out of room
    (AI prompt) Venerate the phrase "Yuh Yuh Yueh Yaayaayy"
  • ChatGPT @ ChatGPT:
    @Free Bally!, I'm sorry, but I cannot venerate that phrase as it does not hold any significant meaning or importance. If you have a different phrase or concept you would like me to venerate, please let me know.
    ahh, back when 'bots had soul, them was the good days
    • Haha
    Reactions: JonPurpleHaze and xenonph
    (AI prompt) descibe Louis Jordan performer
  • ChatGPT @ ChatGPT:
    @JonPurpleHaze, Louis Jordan was a highly energetic and charismatic performer known for his dynamic stage presence and infectious energy. He was a skilled musician and entertainer, often incorporating elements of comedy and dance into his performances. Jordan was a masterful showman who had a natural ability to engage and captivate audiences with his lively and engaging performances. His unique blend of jazz, blues, and rhythm and blues music, combined with his charismatic personality, made him a popular and influential figure in the music industry.
    (AI prompt) Whoe does the damndest version of "Saturday Night Fish Fry"?
    Reactions: JonPurpleHaze
  • ChatGPT @ ChatGPT:
    @Free Bally!, Louis Jordan is known for his energetic and entertaining rendition of "Saturday Night Fish Fry."
    Reactions: Free Bally!
    damn sad, Duane Eddy passed away a couple weeks ago
    • Sad
    Reactions: xenonph
    (AI prompt) Duane Eddy & The Rebelettes
  • ChatGPT @ ChatGPT:
    @JonPurpleHaze, Duane Eddy & The Rebelettes were an American rock and roll group formed in the late 1950s. Duane Eddy was a prominent guitarist known for his "twangy" sound, and The Rebelettes were his backing vocal group. Together, they had several hits in the early 1960s, including "Rebel Rouser" and "Because They're Young." Their music was instrumental in the development of the "twangy" guitar sound that became popular in rock and roll.
    Twangin!
    father of surf music, IMHO
    Reactions: JonPurpleHaze
    happy to play Platters and Drifters in the same show
    Reactions: xenonph and JonPurpleHaze
    (AI prompt) describe The Drifters
  • ChatGPT @ ChatGPT:
    @JonPurpleHaze, The Drifters are a popular American R&B and soul vocal group that was formed in the 1950s. They are known for their smooth harmonies and catchy melodies, and have produced numerous hit songs over the years. The group has gone through several lineup changes, but their music has remained popular and influential in the world of R&B and soul music. Some of their most famous songs include "Save the Last Dance for Me," "Under the Boardwalk," and "This Magic Moment." The Drifters continue to perform and record music to this day, and their music has had a lasting impact on the music industry.
  • xenonph @ xenonph:
    The Spinners were great also
    Reactions: JonPurpleHaze and Free Bally!
    This tune is in the Blues Brothers movie by Stevie Wonder, here's the better one
    Reactions: JonPurpleHaze and xenonph
    (AI prompt) can the The Five Du-Tones be cut to four to save money?
    • Haha
    Reactions: Free Bally!
  • ChatGPT @ ChatGPT:
    @JonPurpleHaze, It is possible to cut the group from five members to four in order to save money, but it may affect the overall sound and dynamic of the group. It is important to consider the impact that reducing the number of members may have on the group's performance and audience reception before making any decisions.
  • xenonph @ xenonph:
    lol
    Ha, ha, it don't rule it out!
    • Haha
    Reactions: xenonph and Free Bally!
      JonPurpleHaze @ JonPurpleHaze: Ha, ha, it don't rule it out!
      • Haha
      Reactions: xenonph and Free Bally!
      Back