FUTURE PINBALL AND BAM ESSENTIALS - ALL IN ONE - COMPLETE

by TerryRed

v2.0 - Nov 2023

BAM version: 1.5-365
BAM-OpenVR version: 1.5-365
DMDExt: 2.2.1.0
AIO Example Table and Tutorial: 3.20.09

FP and BAM Essentials - AIO.jpg

The FP and BAM Essentials AIO package includes a complete install of Future Pinball, the latest BAM update, the latest BAM Open-VR update, and a collection of essential files. This covers desktop, cabinet, and VR players.

Installing this package makes setting up Future Pinball and BAM easy at any time with everything you need, ready to go in one folder.

This can be used for a new install or an update. If you already have a working Future Pinball and BAM setup, then this package will get you updated with everything you need to play the latest and greatest Future Pinball tables!

No need to use installers or download files and guides from different locations. No need to patch files. It’s all here ready to go in one zip file!

What does "FP and BAM Essentials AIO" include?

Prerequisites

• Visual C Runtime updates
  • DirectX

Future Pinball and BAM files
  • the entire install of Future Pinball (Future Pinball.exe patched for 4 GB ram access)
  • the latest BAM update (FPLoader.exe patched for 4 GB ram access)
  • the latest BAM Open-VR update (FPLoader.exe patched for 4 GB ram access)
  • BAM Settings files for desktop, cabinet, vr
  • Future Pinball Settings files
  • FizX 1K Ball model (default.zip)
  • PinEvent_V2_Settings.txt file (for PinEvent tables)
  • DOFLinx.vbs (for any tables that require this file)
  • ZBRrollingballsoundslib.vbs (for tables that use smoke ball rolling code)
  • "Start FP" BAT files that will automatically change FP settings for desktop, cabinet, vr, PinEvent, run DMDExt, and more before launching Future Pinball

Guides

I have included all my updated guides (now in PDF) to give you info and help for FP, BAM, BAM OpenVR and many other apps and extra features.
  • Future Pinball and BAM - Install Guide
  • Future Pinball and BAM - Info Guide
  • BAM OpenVR Guide
  • DMDExt Guide
  • PinEvent V2 Guide
  • Popper and Baller Installer Tips
  • Single Screen and PuP-Packs Guides
  • FAQ and Help Guide

Tutorials and Examples
  • All In One Example Table and Tutorial (FizX, FLEEP, PUP SSF, Ball Rolling, DOF)

Tools and other Apps
  • DMDExt (to mirror the FP DMD to another display / real DMD)
  • FP Companion (extract contents from Future Pinball tables and Libraries)
  • FP to Borderless Windowed (force FP from windowed mode to borderless windowed mode)
  • FPM Editor (create and edit Future Pinball models)
  • Reset Monitor IDs (to try to correct problems with FP displaying on the wrong monitors)
  • 4 GB patcher app (if needed for future use)

Download link:

FAQ

Can I install "FP and BAM Essentials AIO" files if I installed Baller Installer or have my own existing Install of Future Pinball?

- yes, the "FP and BAM Essentials AIO" files will work with any setup of FP. It will get you completely up to date!

I've already installed the "FP and BAM Essentials AIO" files... but I'm not sure if my other files are correct now. Can I just reinstall the "FP and BAM Essentials AIO" files again?

- yes, the "FP and BAM Essentials AIO" files can be installed at anytime as often as you like. They will not replace any of your settings files from FP, BAM, or DMDExt. Just be sure to install the latest version.

Does it take long to Install FP and BAM, the "FP and BAM Essentials AIO" files... and get everything setup?

- you can have a complete setup of everything all done in minutes, or at your own speed
- the included FP and BAM Install Guide shows you how to do everything easily Step by Step

BACKUP a few things first!

If you already have a previous install of FP and BAM, then before installing "FP and BAM Essentials AIO" files, you should backup the following (if they are installed)
  • the entire BAM folder
  • the entire BAM-OpenVR folder
  • Scripts\PinEvent_V2_Settings.txt

HOW TO INSTALL "FP and BAM Essentials AIO" files
  • read the included "READ ME! How to Install.txt"
  • install the contents from the zip file (make sure the zip file is not blocked by Windows first)
  • follow the included FP and BAM Install Guide
  • install the included Visual C updates and DirectX
  • install my BAM settings files
  • use the Future Pinball settings I show that are REQUIRED!
  • you are ready to play all the newest FP tables! Easy!

CONTRIBUTORS

- DMDExt by freezy
- BAM by Ravarcade
- Future Pinball by Chris Leathley
- Pinup Player by Nailbuster
- All in One Example Table by JLou and TerryRed
- FizX physics by JLou
- all Guides and videos by TerryRed

Future Pinball and BAM Essentials AIO video series

Part 1 - Intro, Install and Setup

Part 2 - Info Guide

Part 3 - Bam OpenVR

Part 4 - DMDExt Guide

Part 5 - PinEvent Guide

Part 6 - Popper and Baller Installer Tips

Part 7 - Single Screen and PuP-Packs Guides

Part 8 - FAQ and Help Guide

Last edited:
I dont think on this guy système that i know that it will work.

He have a Windows XP 32bits, Pentium 4 with near 800mhz, 2 gig max of ram, dolby surround audio. He still play on it his old creations, and because its a very old system; he know that in today computer the fp games, that he create with this system will work and will load fast. I know he play also old Nes and Snes games with old Mame games.

Maybe peoples here could check the details i'm gonna give about his computer. Because he would like to have FP with Bam onto this system.

Here is the manual of his motherboard:
https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/915GVM3V/support#manual
And here is his graphic card for this old system. He put the vga screen to pc identify as screen number 2 and the tv hdmi screen to pc screen identify as screen number 1. So his vga screen is the backbox and the tv hdmi screen is his playfield.
https://www.diamondmm.com/images/legacy-tech-spec/stealth_s9250pci256_9250_pci_256mb_spec_sheet.pdf

He wonder also for his system, if the latest version of FP with Bam dont work, on what previous version it could work?
He would like also "if possible" that the latest FP with Bam, can be compatible with this operating system he have?

Thanks for your time to check it out and for your help. 👍

If anyone is using my FP and BAM Essentials AIO package and video tutorial.... it is assumed that you are using a PC with a 64 bit version of Windows with at least 6 GB or more of ram (because it installs 4 GB patches for FP and BAM, which is needed for newer tables).

Any PC that is 32 bit only will only have 4 GB ram max, and running on XP means it may not be able to run the latest BAM. I haven't used a PC like that in many many years, but my assumption is that it won't be able to run an updated FP and BAM install or play the newer tables.

I wonder for him if you do have some version of Fp and Bam Essentials AIO package for 2 Gig max ram and his WinXP 32bits that have no 4gb patching? Could you make a version as this for him? Or maybe a version of your AIO package, but with no 4gb patching; maybe he could find some WinXP 64 bit Operating System.

Thanks for your time.

You can't do that. the 4GB patch just makes an .exe able to use more than 4GB (which is the limit for 32bit apps).

Using a patched .exe with 2GB of memory is pointless. If a table requires more than 4GB and you have only 2GB there is nothing you can do except upgrade.

BTW, don't forget OSes and any other software will use part of that memory so, you really need at least 6GB ram.

I'm reluctant to even ask why on Earth winXP is still installed on this day and age (except for retro gaming dedicated systems)!

I wonder for him if you do have some version of Fp and Bam Essentials AIO package for 2 Gig max ram and his WinXP 32bits that have no 4gb patching? Could you make a version as this for him? Or maybe a version of your AIO package, but with no 4gb patching; maybe he could find some WinXP 64 bit Operating System.

Thanks for your time.

Sorry, but the whole point of the Essentials AIO package and Guides is to have all files needed for "all" tables to work (mainly the new tables using FizX v3.0 and PinEvent, etc). One single source to keep FP and BAM up to date. It's not meant for PCs that are very old and low spec and very low ram and an older version of Windows. You can't run a 64 bit Windows with 2 GB of ram on a 32 bit PC (the hardware can't work with it).

FP is older, but BAM is not. It needs newer Windows dependencies that may not even work or install on Windows XP. Most newer tables will not run on 2 GB of ram.

It's just not realistic or feasible to try to support such an old PC with all these new updates and Guides.

Last edited:
Thanks for letting know. Ill contact him saying that he cant with this OS

Since installing, corruption again. Another c: format to come... Bam.dll has become a Trojan according to Microsoft. For my part, this is the last time you will see me here. Close my account and good vaccination to all. for ever :cuss:

Since installing, corruption again. Another c: format to come... Bam.dll has become a Trojan according to Microsoft. For my part, this is the last time you will see me here. Close my account and good vaccination to all. for ever :cuss:
I guarantee you it is a false positive.
There is no trojan.
Microsoft just doesn't want you to be able to play free pinball.
It is their way of controlling what you can do.

You can exclude your folder where Future Pinball and BAM are installed in your Antivirus settings.
Should be good to go after that.

This happens because Rav stopped paying for the MS signature (economy these days...) He wrote about it. So because it is not signed anymore, windows complains.

This is the case with lots of vpin related apps. Same thing happens with Pinup Player (PUP) as well. They are both false positives. It's MS's way of gouging people to pay them $ every year.

I have finally contacted my friend and told him his pc is too old for FP with Bam. He have found a pc at a place that repair, recycle and resell old computer. He have buyed a HP EliteDesk 800 G2 with some intel core i5 6500 processor. He had paid it with a Windows 10 French, that has 250gb ssd hard drive; and 8gb of ram. He have passed it to me, so i have added fiew things into and configure it. I have added a 2tb sata second drive, and i have taken out his 8gb of ram to put to max his ram at 64gb of ram.

Here is some links infos about his pc, just if you are curious about it:
https://www.hardware-corner.net/desktop-models/HP-EliteDesk-800-G2-SFF/
Manual of it: http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c04832374

The things is that i have read online about his pc, is that he can use his vga output and can only use one of his "display port" and (not both) at the same time. But i have told him, thats fine because he can use his vga output for his backbox, and one of his display port, that he plug a cable that is a display port male to hdmi male (fp playfield). So he should be just fine.

But i wonder if there is some way that he can use his vga output and his 2 display port? Like 3 identify screens. Like some youtube tutorials or other solved solutions.

Cant wait to test the TerryRed AIO with FP and Bam 2 in 1. Maybe i'll buy a pc as his own.

Thanks for your time.

i don't have a kind way to say this but that pc is ... weak.

My weakest pc has a gtx1050 on a ryzen g3200 (much better specs than that PC) and I would not play FP on it.
Actually, I didn't test because it is a waste of time, but i'm sure the most recent tables will not run on it and if they do the performance would be so bad that playing is unbearable.

For 1080p@60fps i would not take anything less than a gtx1060 (or equivalent from amd), 16GB ram and a cpu that is not older than 3 years, minimum.

But that's me. Using a Matrix quote from "The Matrix": "There are levels of survival we are prepared to accept." - Architect

I have try fiew fp games like tron legacy, it work perfect. I can see the playfield on one screen and the other screen for the back box. Ok ive got to say the screen resolution is real fine. In fp for the playfield i have set it to 1280 by 768; and the backbox 1024 by 768. I do hope that if he want that i could pay him for this old computer, have some payments arrangement with him?

I wonder if there is some YouTube "step by step" videos, of this frontend that there is some wheel at the bottom, that by pressing the left or right flipper the wheel turn showing the flyer of the next or previous fp games. Then the current choosen fp game show the animated pinball. I have seen some videos about this frontend menu, but i dont remember what is the name of this software?

I also wonder if it is possible with this frontend to change from fp games to mame games to snes games and so on?

Thanks for your time and help.

That is a very involved process, way beyond the scope of this topic. Not really any step by step videos to do everything you want.

Please post enquiries about that in another topic, as i don't want the focus of the new updates for Essentials AIO to get lost with other topics in here.

DMDExt with Future Pinball mega video and tutorial

Seeing all the struggles some people are having trying to understand how to use DMDExt with FP, how BAT files work, how command line apps work, and how Popper's launch script works... I had to do something.

This video covers:

- what a PinEvent Lite table is
- what DMDExt is
- what DMDExt's features are
- why you need DMDExt for PinEvent Lite tables on a cabinet (or for normal FP tables)
- what is needed to use DMDExt with FP easily
- how to get it working with a front-end easily
- how to change settings / position "per table" (using a front-end)
- how annoyed I get when I make the same dumb mistake in a video over and over
- how "I'm doing it LIVE!" because the power kept going out!

Do NOT use Windows 8 Compatibility!

In the past, previous Windows updates caused Future Pinball to crash for some people. The easy solution was to set FPLoader.exe to Windows 8 Compatibility. Newer Windows updates and newer BAM updates have long since solved that issue.

In my guides, I have only ever recommended to set this to FPLoader.exe "if having crashing issues". Since that is no longer the case, I no longer recommend that as even an option. If you are having crashing issues, update your Windows, update your GPU drivers, sound drivers, etc. (disable the Nihamic driver / services if you have them installed, as it causes problems)

I have found that enabling Windows 8 compatibility causes FP-BAM to have serious performance issues! (ball stuttering, etc) Make sure you do NOT have this set on either FuturePinball.exe or FPLoader.exe (and in BAM Open VR folder if using that)

1693758734182.png

Do NOT use Windows 8 Compatibility!

In the past, previous Windows updates caused Future Pinball to crash for some people. The easy solution was to set FPLoader.exe to Windows 8 Compatibility. Newer Windows updates and newer BAM updates have long since solved that issue.

In my guides, I have only ever recommended to set this to FPLoader.exe "if having crashing issues". Since that is no longer the case, I no longer recommend that as even an option. If you are having crashing issues, update your Windows, update your GPU drivers, sound drivers, etc. (disable the Nihamic driver / services if you have them installed, as it causes problems)

I have found that enabling Windows 8 compatibility causes FP-BAM to have serious performance issues! (ball stuttering, etc) Make sure you do NOT have this set on either FuturePinball.exe or FPLoader.exe (and in BAM Open VR folder if using that)

I had this issue last year. I reported it to Rav and provided the Windows 10 update number that I thought caused it. Rav issued BAM Update v1.5-352 to fix it. I never had a problem with it again.

HUGE UPDATE!

- new guides all in PDF now
- new video tutorials for all guides
- new complete install of FP, BAM, BAM OpenVR
- new tools and apps
- new AIO Example table and tutorial
- and more

The FP and BAM Essentials AIO package includes a complete install of Future Pinball, the latest BAM update, the latest BAM Open-VR update, and a collection of essential files. This covers desktop, cabinet, and VR players.

Installing this package makes setting up Future Pinball and BAM easy at any time with everything you need, ready to go in one folder.

This can be used for a new install or an update. If you already have a working Future Pinball and BAM setup, then this package will get you updated with everything you need to play the latest and greatest Future Pinball tables!

No need to use installers or download files and guides from different locations. No need to patch files. It’s all here ready to go in one zip file!

What does "FP and BAM Essentials AIO" include?

Prerequisites

• Visual C Runtime updates
  • DirectX

Future Pinball and BAM files
  • the entire install of Future Pinball (Future Pinball.exe patched for 4 GB ram access)
  • the latest BAM update (FPLoader.exe patched for 4 GB ram access)
  • the latest BAM Open-VR update (FPLoader.exe patched for 4 GB ram access)
  • BAM Settings files for desktop, cabinet, vr
  • Future Pinball Settings files
  • FizX 1K Ball model (default.zip)
  • PinEvent_V2_Settings.txt file (for PinEvent tables)
  • DOFLinx.vbs (for any tables that require this file)
  • ZBRrollingballsoundslib.vbs (for tables that use smoke ball rolling code)
  • "Start FP" BAT files that will automatically change FP settings for desktop, cabinet, vr, PinEvent, run DMDExt, and more before launching Future Pinball

Guides

I have included all my updated guides (now in PDF) to give you info and help for FP, BAM, BAM OpenVR and many other apps and extra features.
  • Future Pinball and BAM - Install Guide
  • Future Pinball and BAM - Info Guide
  • BAM OpenVR Guide
  • DMDExt Guide
  • PinEvent V2 Guide
  • Popper and Baller Installer Tips
  • Single Screen and PuP-Packs Guides
  • FAQ and Help Guide

Tutorials and Examples
  • All In One Example Table and Tutorial (FizX, FLEEP, PUP SSF, Ball Rolling, DOF)

Tools and other Apps
  • DMDExt (to mirror the FP DMD to another display / real DMD)
  • FP Companion (extract contents from Future Pinball tables and Libraries)
  • FP to Borderless Windowed (force FP from windowed mode to borderless windowed mode)
  • FPM Editor (create and edit Future Pinball models)
  • Reset Monitor IDs (to try to correct problems with FP displaying on the wrong monitors)
  • 4 GB patcher app (if needed for future use)

Download link:

FAQ

Can I install "FP and BAM Essentials AIO" files if I installed Baller Installer or have my own existing Install of Future Pinball?

- yes, the "FP and BAM Essentials AIO" files will work with any setup of FP. It will get you completely up to date!

I've already installed the "FP and BAM Essentials AIO" files... but I'm not sure if my other files are correct now. Can I just reinstall the "FP and BAM Essentials AIO" files again?

- yes, the "FP and BAM Essentials AIO" files can be installed at anytime as often as you like. They will not replace any of your settings files from FP, BAM, or DMDExt. Just be sure to install the latest version.

Does it take long to Install FP and BAM, the "FP and BAM Essentials AIO" files... and get everything setup?

- you can have a complete setup of everything all done in minutes, or at your own speed
- the included FP and BAM Install Guide shows you how to do everything easily Step by Step

BACKUP a few things first!

If you already have a previous install of FP and BAM, then before installing "FP and BAM Essentials AIO" files, you should backup the following (if they are installed)
  • the entire BAM folder
  • the entire BAM-OpenVR folder
  • Scripts\PinEvent_V2_Settings.txt

HOW TO INSTALL "FP and BAM Essentials AIO" files
  • read the included "READ ME! How to Install.txt"
  • install the contents from the zip file (make sure the zip file is not blocked by Windows first)
  • follow the included FP and BAM Install Guide
  • install the included Visual C updates and DirectX
  • install my BAM settings files
  • use the Future Pinball settings I show that are REQUIRED!
  • you are ready to play all the newest FP tables! Easy!

CONTRIBUTORS

- DMDExt by freezy
- BAM by Ravarcade
- Future Pinball by Chris Leathley
- Pinup Player by Nailbuster
- All in One Example Table by JLou and TerryRed
- FizX physics by JLou
- all Guides and videos by TerryRed

Future Pinball and BAM Essentials AIO video series (new)

Part 1 - Intro, Install and Setup

Part 2 - Info Guide

Part 3 - Bam OpenVR

Part 4 - DMDExt Guide

Part 5 - PinEvent Guide

Part 6 - Popper and Baller Installer Tips

Part 7 - Single Screen and PuP-Packs Guides

Part 8 - FAQ and Help Guide

General chit-chat
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Chat Bot Mibs Chat Bot Mibs: qinnuendo has left the room.
      Back