Future Pinball

TerryRed

Pinball Master
Solutions
Reaction score
Favorite Pinball Machine
My Virtual Pinball Cabinet
TerryRed submitted a new resource:

Future Pinball and BAM Essentials - All in One - Everything you need to setup and update FP and BAM in one file!

View attachment 37610

FUTURE PINBALL AND BAM ESSENTIALS - ALL IN ONE

by TerryRed

v1.0 - June 2023

This is a collection of essential files for Future Pinball and BAM that are needed for various functions and extra features. Some are for cabinet users, others are for all users.

This includes my handy guides and resources for information about Future Pinball, BAM, PinEvent, FizX, and more!

Installing this collection of files makes setting up FP and BAM super easy at...

Read more about this resource...

Thanks, Terry!
And bonus pts for the boss new avatar! :o

You definitely get video-game points for that one; it is sweeet.

Awesome work always raising the bar :-D

Hi, could the files present in the "All In One Example Table and Tutorial" folder be used only to create new pinballs or also to improve the physics of the already existing ones? I would like to talk about it in my live stream tonight and I don't want to say wrong things :)

AIO serves as an example. so it's useful for new and existing tables, hence the instructions that are basically C&P, imports and then some nuances.

Do take the time to read the AIO script comments from the top. It'll be really clear.

Future Pinball and BAM Essentials AIO - Tutorial added to the description

Install Future Pinball, update BAM and be ready to go with ANY setup. Easy!

If you want to install Future Pinball for the first time, or you only want to update BAM, or you used Baller Installer.... any setup... this video is for you!

Easily get Future Pinball, the latest BAM update, and all the essential files and Guides installed in one folder and be setup in minutes using my "FP and BAM Essentials AIO" package!"

The new PinEvent Lite tables and other FizX v3.0 tables coming soon ALL require the latest BAM 1.5-365 update (or higher)... so this video tutorial is helpful for everyone wishing to play those tables!

Last edited:
Hello. I was previously using FutureDMD when playing FP tables outside of popper. I removed those files and tried using your DMDExt_FP.BAT file to launch outside of popper. I have the a copy of my DmdDevice.ini in the future pinball folder however, it seems to be ignoring my custom position I set for your new Indy table. Also noticed when I resize the DMD and right click on it, it gives me the option for save position globally, but not just for that specific table like the one I use in popper does. When launching the Indy table through popper it does keep the saved position from my .ini but not outside of popper using your .BAT
Any ideas on how to get this setting saved when using the .bat to launch DMDext?
(I am using all your latest files from AIO 1.2)

Hello. I was previously using FutureDMD when playing FP tables outside of popper. I removed those files and tried using your DMDExt_FP.BAT file to launch outside of popper. I have the a copy of my DmdDevice.ini in the future pinball folder however, it seems to be ignoring my custom position I set for your new Indy table. Also noticed when I resize the DMD and right click on it, it gives me the option for save position globally, but not just for that specific table like the one I use in popper does. When launching the Indy table through popper it does keep the saved position from my .ini but not outside of popper using your .BAT
Any ideas on how to get this setting saved when using the .bat to launch DMDext?
(I am using all your latest files from AIO 1.2)

Be sure your Essentials AIO zip file wasn't blocked by Windows before extracting (this would prevent DmdDevice.ini from being able to be written to).

Using the BAT file to save the "global position" should work fine (it does here). Be sure you copied the DmdDevice.ini from the dmdext folder to the main FP folder.

As for saving position or settings "per table", you don't use the BAT file for that as it wont work. You need to use the updated Popper launch script examples I show from the Baller Installer FP tips page in order to do that. All of that is covered on my DMDext page.

I may make a tutorial video later today.

Last edited:
DMDExt with Future Pinball mega video and tutorial

Seeing all the struggles some people are having trying to understand how to use DMDExt with FP, how BAT files work, how command line apps work, and how Popper's launch script works... I had to do something.

This video covers:

- what a PinEvent Lite table is
- what DMDExt is
- what DMDExt's features are
- why you need DMDExt for PinEvent Lite tables on a cabinet (or for normal FP tables)
- what is needed to use DMDExt with FP easily
- how to get it working with a front-end easily
- how to change settings / position "per table" (using a front-end)
- how annoyed I get when I make the same dumb mistake in a video over and over
- how "I'm doing it LIVE!" because the power kept going out!

Thank you, Terry!

I'm frankly kind of overwhelmed by the modern state of the 'pin-sim-verse,' but I feel like you're throwing me, and people like me, a nice life-preserver.

*phew*

why are there 2 installers?
the VPallinone installer is what i have.
VP8, VP9xx, physmod, VPX and FP was what was included in the DL.
is there an advantage to using the FP BAM essentials allinone installer over the VPallinone?

why are there 2 installers?
the VPallinone installer is what i have.
VP8, VP9xx, physmod, VPX and FP was what was included in the DL.
is there an advantage to using the FP BAM essentials allinone installer over the VPallinone?

VP All-In-One is for Visual Pinball.
FP and BAM 2 in 1 Installer is for Future Pinball.
2 different pinball programs.

i understand that.
why do i need it if i already have it all in the VPallinone?

i understand that.
why do i need it if i already have it all in the VPallinone?
VP All-in-One Installer is for VP tables.
FP BAM 2 in 1 Installer is for Future Pinball tables.

You can't play a Future Pinball table with a VP.exe, and vice versa.

umm, well yeah i know that.
im on my LT right now.
the VPallinone installer has FP.

sorry, your right.
have not been on my gamer for awhile.
i turned it on to get a look at the VPallinone installer in Cdrive.
no FP.

TerryRed updated Future Pinball and BAM Essentials - All in One - COMPLETE with a new update entry:

2.0 - COMPLETE (massive update!)

The FP and BAM Essentials AIO package includes a complete install of Future Pinball, the latest BAM update, the latest BAM Open-VR update, and a collection of essential files. This covers desktop, cabinet, and VR players.

Installing this package makes setting up Future Pinball and BAM easy at any time with everything you need, ready to go in one folder.

This can be used for a new install or an update. If you already have a working Future Pinball and BAM setup, then this...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Thanks terry
is this update included in the November baller installer do you know as I have just installed that?
thanks

Thanks terry
is this update included in the November baller installer do you know as I have just installed that?
thanks

Not all of it will be. The FP and BAM files should be the same. The rest (like my guides) aren't included.

The Pinupdater will have the FP and BAM files updated soon (if there are any missing / different).

Either way... just install this Essentials AIO 2.0 package (no matter what you have installed), as it will have everything included and updated, including all my new guides in PDF format.

Not all of it will be. The FP and BAM files should be the same. The rest (like my guides) aren't included.

The Pinupdater will have the FP and BAM files updated soon (if there are any missing / different).

Either way... just install this Essentials AIO 2.0 package (no matter what you have installed), as it will have everything included and updated, including all my new guides in PDF format.
Thank you my friend :)

Just updated all the files, all ok.
Played about 10 different tables happily.

Then one table (cant remember which one) crashed while trying to start it, now BAM just starts and instantly closes.
Have rebooted a few times.
Updated DirectX and Install Visual C Runtimes, got the very latest Nvidia 2070 driver installed now too but nothing seems to help, cant start BAM now.

General chit-chat
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Chat Bot Mibs Chat Bot Mibs:
    Deeznutsnmuth has left the room.
    mbr has left the room.
    Ylliem has left the room.
    Rui3 has left the room.
    baliw has left the room.
    losthighway76 has left the room.
    Totevski72 has left the room.
    joeuro has left the room.
    oettmane has left the room.
    charly_ey has left the room.
    j24sailr has left the room.
    dwood has left the room.
    gregonitov has left the room.
    Drogo has left the room.
    SmashXD has left the room.
    mrdarc has left the room.
    butterface5000 has left the room.
    Pinheads has left the room.
    helptv has left the room.
    joeboxer has left the room.
    Auleric has left the room.
    vizzone has left the room.
    Develop has left the room.
    Krusty104 has left the room.
    grh450 has left the room.
      Chat Bot Mibs Chat Bot Mibs: grh450 has left the room.
      Back