Greetings!

LockDown2341

Pinball Player
Reaction score
Favorite Pinball Machine
Transformers
Hello there folks. I'm new here so I thought I'd do the requisite introduction. This feels a bit weird since I haven't used a traditional forum like this in years (dame social media, lol)

Apparently I'm kind of a young fellow. I'm seeing posts from people in their 50s and 60s. I'm only 36 and I'm from Eastern Canada.

I've always enjoyed pinball but never got to play it much. This area of the world isn't known for having a lot of arcades or other places to play pinball. But when I wad younger I got one of those tabletop pinball machines that lit up and played it until it broke.

There's a sci-fi/fantasy/gaming convention a few hours from me and I've gone every year for a decade and they always have free to play pinball so that rekindled my enjoyment.

I've mainly played digital pinball the last while. I played FX2 back on the Xbox 360 and played Zen Pinball on my phone. Then, wiithin the last week or two I suddenly got this big urge to really get into pinball seriously. I've downloaded TPA, FX3, Zachariah and even ROM files of some older pinball titles like the ones for NES/SNES. That all led me here.

Never knew Virtual Pinball/Future Pinball was a thing. I'm astounded to see it exists. The fact there's original tables blows my mind. Star Fox? Godzilla? Akira?! Crazy!

I'm looking forward to getting this all set up tonight when I'm home. And I hope to be able to be a member of this community for a while. Cheers.

Welcome to PN. Enjoy your stay.

1) But when I wad younger I got one of those tabletop pinball machines that lit up and played it until it broke.

2) ,,,ROM files of some older pinball titles like the ones for NES/SNES. That all led me here.
1) Do you mean like this stuff, or was it something more sophisticated?

2) I think I've played all the NES versions (and there's some surprisingly good ones!), but have little experience on the SNES side. Anything you'd recommend in particular?

Btw, 36 seems like a good age to be. You're an old man to some, and 'almost a kid' to others. You still look pretty young, but you've got all that wisdom & experience (well, theoretically) that people who look similar to you don't. 35-36 is also the age I first joined this scene... twenty years ago, wow.

Welcome Lockdown! This is a good place to start for Future Pinball:

I appreciate the link, but the whole reason I even found the site was through TerryReds guide. I've got it up and running now, so I'm just browsing some tables and seeing if I can get them going.

1) Do you mean like this stuff, or was it something more sophisticated?

2) I think I've played all the NES versions (and there's some surprisingly good ones!), but have little experience on the SNES side. Anything you'd recommend in particular?

Btw, 36 seems like a good age to be. You're an old man to some, and 'almost a kid' to others. You still look pretty young, but you've got all that wisdom & experience (well, theoretically) that people who look similar to you don't. 35-36 is also the age I first joined this scene... twenty years ago, wow.

Yep. Something like those for sure. Nothing more complicated then that. Still lots of fun.

There are two OK SNES titles called Super Pinball. Only 3 tables on each one but they're worth a play for sure.

And yeah 36 isn't a bad age. I feel older sometimes though. To be honest people always thought I was 30 when I was like 16, LOL.

General chit-chat
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Chat Bot Mibs Chat Bot Mibs: qinnuendo has left the room.
      Back