have a question concerning permission of a table

faralos

Faralos
Solutions
Reaction score
Favorite Pinball Machine
Flash
I want to use Pacdude's conversion of 'breakshot' for the redo of the'gas Attack' pin by capcom. unfortunately his last post on here was july 13, 2007 i pm'ed him but in the event I can't get an answer can I still use that pin? Of course all the pics, events and sounds would be changed to correspon to the gas attack table.

It's a complicated VPM table, so I don't think you'd be able to change the events and sounds and pics as easily as you might think. Look at a vpm script and you'll see what I mean. It's nothing like a normal VP table and the ROM does the sounds and scoring already for you. If you thought you were losing it in the phizzledizzle project or whatever that toy is, I don't think you have enough medication to do this vpm table.

This table would be tough to redo...I myself can barely modify a script with detailed instructions...not enough brain power...but the more power to you faralos for at least trying! :) Gas Attack away....(Sorry I love gas and any name with it in it). :)

No problem Faralos, mod away, if PD doesn't reply you can release your competed mod on the first day of March.

Bob I see what you mean. looking at the various calls to the rom pack It does indeed look complicated. Ok how about I just usethe basic table layout then? just the table and the plastics, since they are already built it would be a lot easier for me to use them for basic templates and go from there. Devospeed is working on getting the rom pack(s?) from his buddies in Belgium where he got the table pics from. if not, I can always just put my own stuff into it like I am doing to the zizzles. again it wouldn't be an exact conversion, but it would have similar noises and stuff. But if Pacdude does not get back to me can I still use his designs? of course his name would be in the credits, pertaining to his layout, I would just change the pics on the plastics and playfield and put all custom coding into it, taking out the 'breakshot' roms and coding.
Thanks for the warning on the coding!! (it IS really beyond me on this table)

No problem Faralos, mod away, if PD doesn't reply you can release your competed mod on the first day of March.

On the VP forums a few months ago, PD gave the go ahead for anyone to modify his tables. This was when LHH Bomb Jack was trying to get permission to make the mod for Whirlwind.

thanks! check elsewhere for pics ion the pin table pics so far! I have to copy the entire playfield pic with a mouse in MS paint having no overhead shot of it, so it'll take a while, but I have time!

thanks! check elsewhere for pics ion the pin table pics so far! I have to copy the entire playfield pic with a mouse in MS paint having no overhead shot of it, so it'll take a while, but I have time!

That's not how it's done. :)

Post the best pic you have and someone might adjust it for you in Photoshop. Then you erase the flippers, bumpers and such and you have a playfield pic.

Obviously, it's best to have pics of a stripped playfield, but those are rarely available for tables.

General chit-chat
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Chat Bot Mibs Chat Bot Mibs:
    dave01568 has left the room.
    servo192705 has left the room.
    djbarryfromicquk2 has left the room.
    obsidian1 has left the room.
    hendric has left the room.
    GeorgeH has left the room.
    Deeznutsnmuth has left the room.
    mbr has left the room.
    Ylliem has left the room.
    Rui3 has left the room.
    baliw has left the room.
    losthighway76 has left the room.
    Totevski72 has left the room.
    joeuro has left the room.
    oettmane has left the room.
    charly_ey has left the room.
    j24sailr has left the room.
    dwood has left the room.
    gregonitov has left the room.
    Drogo has left the room.
    SmashXD has left the room.
    mrdarc has left the room.
    butterface5000 has left the room.
    Pinheads has left the room.
    helptv has left the room.
      Chat Bot Mibs Chat Bot Mibs: helptv has left the room.
      Back