Having problem with JP's v9 tables

tarkovsky7

Inserted Coin
Reaction score
Hi all,

My computer will not run JP Salas' newest tables designed for vp9. Whenever i try to run one of them I get the message:

line:142
Objest doesnt support this property or method: 'table1.MaxBallSpeed'

Anybody know how to fix this?

Thanks again

It should work, my only guess is that you maybe trying to run the VP9 tables using VP8.1 or less. VP9 has some features not included in earlier versions of VP, MaxBallSpeed is one of those features. Make sure you are running the tables using VP9 and not an earlier version.

I think Steve Oz is right on this one.. His new tables are somehow running great for people that have a low computer spec. where as other people have had problems with other VP9 tables. His seem to run great for many people that had problems in the past.

Same error message, here. Running VP9.

edit: I thought I was running VP9, guess it didn't install correctly.
Fresh install of VP9 fixed the error.

Last edited:
My prob is it uses pinmame which my vp8 also uses so I can't play any vp9 pinmamaes because the path keeps defaulting to vp9 and like i said pinamae goes automatically into vp8 when it runs dont know how to fix this one.

It's very easy to fix, instead of clicking on the .vpt file to launch it and VP. Try this, create 2 shortcuts one for VP 8 and one for VP 9. Then and this is the tricky bit, when you want to play a VP8 game click the VP8 shortcut and then load the table into VP, same deal for VP 9 and bob's ya uncle. ;)

Yeah faralos make a shortcut on your desktop to VP8 and VP9.

I'm keeping separate VP table folders so I don't mix up VP8 and VP9 table's. I have one table folder for VP8 table's and one for VP9 table's with the VBS script's in both table folders. I also have a folder for original table's.

Keep in mind to play some VP9 table's, you may have to turn off hardware acceleration, it depends on what kind of graphics card you have. On my laptop I use the speed fix by Scapino to turn off and on the hardware acceleration to play VP9 tables. I don't need the speed fix on my desktop PC, I can play every VP9 table that I have with no problems, It has a better graphics card. Hope this helps.

Later :)

Bob's ya uncle. :p\'n\'l:

Try this

I had the same problem. And I figured out that Directx wasn't enabled.

Unfortunately I must always have hardware rendering enabled but even then some of the newer tables, JP's most of all, just won't run no matter what i try. I have Intel Integrated Graphics which truly suck as it runs off the motherboard and so there is no graphics card i can switch. (oh well, I really don't play the newer ones much any more anyhow, I am too busy with redoing 2 tables atm (the 'Pass it on', and 'Dragon' one I think it's name is. another pinner built the base table and asked for coding and graphics help. I'm doing the latter for him and will point him in the right direction for the former as so many here and elsewhere did for me!)
But it would be nice to be able to play the first multilevel pin I ever worked on (Black Knight was my first pin I ever field stripped to clean on location (in a bar no less after a patron smashed the glass, I was sent [on call at the time] to clean and replace the glass off the field as it was brand new and pulling in tons of money) and after seeing how black the field was decided to clean it up using the ever faithful Zep line of cleaners that the pin places sold back then. but that is for another thread

My prob is it uses pinmame which my vp8 also uses so I can't play any vp9 pinmamaes because the path keeps defaulting to vp9 and like i said pinamae goes automatically into vp8 when it runs dont know how to fix this one.

It shouldn't. The VPinball.exe makes the call to the VPinMame object no matter which VPinball.exe you run, 8 or 9. Maybe your copy has become corrupted.

I would try going to the VPinMame Setup.exe, open it, click Uninstall and when finished click Install.

If your problem is that you have two Roms folders, one for each version of VP, then the path is the problem because VPinMame is the only thing using these paths. VP relies solely on the location of the table.vpt file and on a full installation for all other VP-related files. Again, the ROM files are strictly for use with VPinMame.

You can register two or more paths for two or more VPinMame Roms folders.
Open the VPinMame Setup.exe and click Setup Paths. In the text window type each path separated by a semi-colon, for instance:

C:\Pinball\Roms; C:\VPinMame\New Folder

Then click O.K. to close. Do not use a semi-colon after the last path entry.

Make sure to replace the phony path locations that I used in the above example with the correct locations of the Roms folders on your system. If your ROMs are at C:\Pinball\Roms then use that instead, but they have to actually be there in that folder location on your hard drive to work.

General chit-chat
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Chat Bot Mibs Chat Bot Mibs: eathearty has left the room.
      Back