Help with Beat Box table - not releasing the ball into the shooter lane

sho

Pinball Nudger
Reaction score
Favorite Pinball Machine
Addams Family
Hosted Beat Box table - recreation of a classic Pinball Dreams table, does not release the ball unassisted into the shooter lane, on modern FP versions at least.
The ball is just in an endless loop, trying to eject into the lane. (nudging can help release it, but that is hardly something you want in a table).
I would like to request your help to be able to run it on my cab, since it holds considerable nostalgia value for me (and potentially others).

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Doh, after weeks of deliberation, I stumbled upon the solution here, right after posting this request.
(Kicker strength on layer 1)

Last edited:
The problem you posted can actually be caused by two problems. The first is the kicker strength which you adjusted to correct it.

The other cause can be that you didn't add an external XML file that might be included in the download that needs to have the same name as the table and be saved to the same folder as the table. Or the author identifies a version of physics that you need to add from a list of XML files that are included in the BAM installation.

...But it looks like you got it right. It does not appear the table has an XML file needed from a review of the table posting.

General chit-chat
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Chat Bot Mibs Chat Bot Mibs: paskite has left the room.
      Back