Data East Hook (Data East, 1992) help with power issue

glyndawn

Inserted Coin
Reaction score
Favorite Pinball Machine
addams
hi all im new to this but whould like some help please

i have a hook pinball which is great but i have a power issue

when first turned on it powers up says hook hook hook and then nothing all lights are on but wont go into game mode

so then i flick the power switch off and on same again do this about ten times it will kick into life

but 8 out of 10 times it blows the 2 fuses on top of the main power switch case what could be the problem once its on it runss great till turn off for a lentgh of time

Are you using a surge protector strip?
If your area has power spikes, you might need one.

Could also be a bad voltage regulator.

no not using surge protection but never had this problem before ive had the machine 3 years

hi all im new to this but whould like some help please

i have a hook pinball which is great but i have a power issue

when first turned on it powers up says hook hook hook and then nothing all lights are on but wont go into game mode

so then i flick the power switch off and on same again do this about ten times it will kick into life

but 8 out of 10 times it blows the 2 fuses on top of the main power switch case what could be the problem once its on it runss great till turn off for a lentgh of time

This is a stretch but I would recommend replaying the batteries. I am not that familiar with Data East Machine however what you are describing reminds me of a old Mac startup if the battery was dead. If the battery was dead, they would not boot. Flipping the power switch a few times would cause it to boot. Flipping the power on and off in rapidly could cause the fuses to blow.

General chit-chat
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Chat Bot Mibs Chat Bot Mibs: chadchad has left the room.
      Back