I'm back!

Wecoc

Pinball Wizard
Reaction score
Favorite Pinball Machine
Cirqus Voltaire
Hi folks! I'm an old-school Future Pinball enjoyer from the pre-2010 era. I've been very disconnected about all this for many years, in fact I barely know what BAM is, but I'll try to give it a go soon enough. It's amazing how far this program has gone :-)

I decided to register now because I found a few tables I started years ago and never published, even though they had a lot already done, so I'm planning to rescue them. I also made a new table I wanted to share, and have plans for another one... maybe.

By the way, nice to see some familiar faces here.
Looks like I have a lot of work to do with all the tables I've missed...

welcome back and look forward to previewing your tables :-)

Hi folks! I'm an old-school Future Pinball enjoyer from the pre-2010 era. I've been very disconnected about all this for many years, in fact I barely know what BAM is, but I'll try to give it a go soon enough. It's amazing how far this program has gone :-)

I decided to register now because I found a few tables I started years ago and never published, even though they had a lot already done, so I'm planning to rescue them. I also made a new table I wanted to share, and have plans for another one... maybe.

By the way, nice to see some familiar faces here.
Looks like I have a lot of work to do with all the tables I've missed...
Welcome !

Wow, thank you for coming back, Wecoc.

As a huge fan of BD (i.e. Bande Dessinee, Euro Comics). I like your style a lot! :D

There are many talented creators here, willing to lend a hand with BAM (it's an amazing update upon FP physics & graphics), pero yo no tengo mucho ingenio, jaja.

It seems a welcome back is in order although I'm new on this!

Welcome back :)

While my FP and BAM Mega Guide won't help you to tech you how to use BAM to create updated tables (this forum can be helpful)... it will give you up to date info with many of the newer things going on with FP... what BAM is, and how to set both FP and BAM up correctly so most tables will work correctly. I dabbled in FP back in 2007, but didnt touch it until about 6 years ago. Much has changed since then.

...and this post was helpful for polygame (Steve Paradis) to get some starter knowledge with BAM.

Welcome back Wecoc! There have been many developments in BAM since you have been here. There is quite a bit of guidance but it is rather piecemeal.

I put together a glossary of much of the new stuff:

This describes a simple way of adding the new dynamic flippers:

Gimli's tutorial shows how to add quite a few new features:

This lists many of Ravarcade's older postings that include his instructions:

Ravarcade posts new versions here with instructions:

Welcome back to FP....you will probably remember me, and I wanted to tell you this, it was for your help that I understood well how to start coding something in the script, do you remember?

I still remember when I asked you if I could finish your Castelvania, by the way..... there is still in your hands? because I lost it when my first hard drive broken,I'm a fan of this videogame series, except los2,I made my version available in pinsim,and I wanted to finish or complete your version at that time.

That said, if you need help for Bam, just ask, I could make some videos that will help you, of course for what I know.
I understand that a lot of information about Bam at one time might confuse you a little, but my advice is to try to understand one thing at a time,the things that I think are most essential are:

1) modify the physics of your table, via xml, which can now be integrated directly into the script.I opened a thread where I try to explain what should be done to have an optimal gameplay for a table, if you are interested I can give you the link, but in my opinion some videos or photos are better than many words in some cases.
2) insert the "Dynamic flippers" system directly in the script.this system improves the accuracy of the fins when trying to aim at an object, such as ramps or targets.this is a topic that is still under development today, I can suggest you the standard one for now, which is easier to understand what it is.

regards

Thank you both for all those links, I'll check them out ;)

Hey Paolo, I do remember you! I still have the Castlevania table, but it's not that great, it was one of my first tables. Also, I saw another similar pinball about SOTN on PinSimDB; I noticed it had some similarities, and it looked pretty good. I can still send mine to you if you want, though.

The things I'm most interested from BAM are the new script options. I guess now you can check the ball velocity, or things like that: there are some tricks I'd have to use a Toy Ball to make them work, that probably now are done with just a few lines. I also keep learning stuff about the default FP coding I never bothered to check until recently, like the fact you can rotate kickers and they keep working well, or you can change the light colors and bulb radius via code, etc. so I'm wondering what else can be done with BAM :scratchchin: I believe that will be like having a new program :-)

Edit: Ok, my internet is so bad it sent the post twice, so I'll edit it instead to post something else.

I've been checking, and it seems there are four tables I never released. Two of them are very old (and not great) so I may simply post them in a single pack, while the other two are still rescueable, so I'll see what I do there.

- Detective Conan (2011?) - This may be my second table ever, right after Hellfire. Nothing particularly clever going on there.
- Castlevania SOTN (2011?) - I believe this is the first one where I made custom models, but it's all ornaments, like candles.
- Hellfire Revamped (2015) - Yes, I tried to remake my first table. I don't know what's missing, probably DMD stuff and light effects.
- Stolen Shadows (2015) - As far as I know, the table is done except for DMD and possible bugs. I may post this one without further changes.

Last edited:
Now there's DFv2 aka Dynamic Flippers V2 that is mostly a c&p work to any table that allows you do make flipper tricks and great aiming.

You can check my version of Seawitch in here that's already has it but it'll be updated soon to the latest update with EOS newer code.

DFv2 is a piece of code from @JLou5641 and it is great.

General chit-chat
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Chat Bot Mibs Chat Bot Mibs: qinnuendo has left the room.
      Back