Electro-Mechanical Machines
Future Pinball

patrick

Reaction score
Patrick have released a V1 version of Gottlieb's 1978 Joker Poker. It's currently in the upload section at IRP, and should show up on IRP's front page shortly. Enjoy.

Patrick

Attachments

• screenjp1.jpg
    screenjp1.jpg
    171.3 KB · Views: 1,188
  • screenjp2.jpg
    screenjp2.jpg
    160.3 KB · Views: 1,221
  • screenjp3.jpg
    screenjp3.jpg
    158.4 KB · Views: 1,185
The job seems very good.
Congratulations.
But, FP is much slow one on my PC.
Pentium 4, 3Ghz, RAM 512.
Perhaps it is the driver of the graphical card Matrox Millennium G400 (old of 5 years).
Saluti dall'Italia
Furio

Also seen in Italia

Thanks Furio. See also Doctor Maboul in VP anf FP version. I bought the true machine at San Benedetto del Tronto. Elite Guard (VP) comes from Puerto d'Ascoli.

How it turns FP on your PC?
What to make in order to modernize my PC?
Saluti
Furio

Is the cabinet in back really that high?

It turns well on my new computer

FP is very slow on my travel computer (1,8 GH, 512 ram and old graphic Radeo using part of the 512 ram).

Fp was a little slow on my old computer (2,8 GH, 512 ram and old graphic Nvidia 4600 winfast with 128 ram). It is better when Norton and Internet are stopped.

I replaced it last month by a new one and all is ok : bi processor 2,8 GH, 1 GOram and a graphic Radeon 600 with 256 ram).

Cabinet size

Destruk, i am not sure of the size in FP rendering: The backglass (the playfield and the edges of the cabinet) are those of IPDB and the pinball seems very similar. I clicked the EM option in FP for the cabinet.

Thanks for the information.
Saluti
Furio

Observing the photographies, me it seems that the slope of the table is invert.
That is the slope is towards the backglass.
Saluti
Furio

The EM heights for the glass in FP are wrong then - because the plastics should be a lot closer to the cabinet sides at the back. maybe 55 front glass height and 60 back glass height would be closer.

FP options

Slope:
In the editor, Rear glass height is at 145 (standard) ; the look seems better at 80 (glossiness is different).

Backglass
In the editor, I choose electro mecanical for machine type ; only the option solidstate makes a square backglass.

Perhaps, i will modify that in a new version, but not soon.
Modify these 2 properties in your downloaded version if you want.

Attachments

• jkmod1.jpg
    jkmod1.jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 1,140
Whichever you are happy with, and I'm not demanding an update - I removed the guide walls on the apron because the EM machine doesn't have those either, set back height to 60, front height to 55, left slope and type the same and it's fine for me.

Updated version

So easy to do!

Destruk, i just uploaded a V2 version with your recommended adjustments. The table seems to work much like the real one. Thanks.

I missed to buy one at the annual Vierzon show in France but it had a problem at one flipper. Finally i bought a Far out to a great collectionner. My Far out, with its little defaults on the backglasss is a VP version at IRP. I will make a FP version soon.

The Joker Poker V2 is currently in the upload section at IRP, and should show up on IRP's front page shortly. Enjoy.

Patrick

I'll have to download version 2, although version 1 plays very nicely. You seem to have caught on the FP quite quickly. Nice job Patrick.

John

Looks really good. Nice work guys!:)

Validated. :thumright:
Thanks,Patrick.

What happened with the Moon Patrol arcade machine? Looks too much distorted in the first pic! :lol:

However, I didn't try FP at all. Probably always looks that way. The main purpose of FP is another than displaying arcade machines.

(Probably) Nice table.

Happy new year to all.

1st image

The first image is a "print screen" taken when the 3d camera was moving in the room.

General chit-chat
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Chat Bot Mibs Chat Bot Mibs: hellrzr2k1 has left the room.
      Back