Jokerz Problem

Itchigo

Former Operator
Site Supporters
Solutions
Reaction score
Favorite Pinball Machine
All Of Them!!
I'm having a problem with Jokerz, I get a script error line 381 "variable is undefined ramp" Anyone had this problem before?? I don't have a lot of knowledge ( I've only been doing this computer thing for a little over a year) but I've got almost 200 other games to work so I know the basics.:help:

Not sure what the problem is.
Are you playing the JP version for Visual Pinball 9?
If so, then try using the VP9.exe.

If the Jokerz! version is older, then try using the VP8.1 .exe to play it.

I have vp 9 installed as I have other vp 9 games working such as mm,etc . The version of Jokerz I have is the new one that pops up on the home page. I confess I don't know what unzipping the roms is as I was taught how to do this-not what I was doing. But I've done this game the same way as the others. Maybe I'm missing a vbs file for the game, that has happened before. Thanks for trying.

No, you have the VP 9, so that part is o.k.
Don't unzip the ROM, leave the ROM zipped in the vpinmame\Roms folder.
Only unzip the table.vpt file to the Visual Pinball\Tables folder, but you've already done that otherwise it wouldn't start, so that part is o.k.

Just to make sure, is the filename for the Jokerz! table that you are trying to play:
Jokerz!_VP9_1.0.vpt?

That filename is correct, I doublechecked to be sure. There's probably a script error in there somewhere, I had a similar problem with TAXI where I was getting a max ball speed error and fixed it by putting ' in front of it and now it works fine. I have a friend who knows how to write script, he can probably find what it is, I just know a few tricks he taught me.

Max Ballspeed errors indicate that you're running vp8. Jokerz works fine for me with no errors as it's a vp9 table being playing in vp9.

I thought I had vp9 but when I checked my page I didn't see it, so I got 9.03 from pinball nirvana. I can't open it, is it just supposed to sit on the same page and that's it? (I tried to get 9.04 from the link sleepy gave me but despite being registered and showing my name on the screen it say's "you are not allowed to use this part of the board". Also how do I play a game in vp9 as opposed to vp8? Am I supposed to have 2 different pages? Right now I have a page for vp and a page for vpm with the fonts, and other stuff on that page (except for the roms, they are where they are supposedto be).

No, you should be able to run the VP9.03.exe the same as the one you have installed.
Just Double-Click on it or Right-Click on it > choose "Open".
If it doesn't run after doing that, it might be a bad download so then try downloading it again.

I figured out the same thing you said right after I posted but didn't have enough time before going to work to say so. I did open a game that way but when I went to play I got a half screen vp and half the game. Maybe I got a bad download. The way I play the other vp8 games is I have them all on one page and double click on the blue button.

Redownloaded 9.03. Tried Spiderman,the computer went into a loop, the graph that says rendering went to the end but the screen stayed just like that. Tried Jokerz, almost fired up but then displayed the same script error, line 381 variable is undefined ramp.:headscratch:

General chit-chat
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Chat Bot Mibs Chat Bot Mibs: eathearty has left the room.
      Back