Magnotron (Gottlieb, 1974) VPX

VPX Gottlieb EM Recreation Magnotron (Gottlieb, 1974) VPX Original & tweaked vers. 1.01

No permission to download
Electro-Mechanical Machines

xenonph

Administrator
Staff member
Site Supporters
Solutions
Reaction score
Favorite Pinball Machine
Congo
xenonph submitted a new resource:

Magnotron (Gottlieb 1974) VPX - Loserman76 Tribute!!

Magnotron (Gottlieb 1974) v1.01
IPD No. 1519

VPX conversion by Loserman76
Artwork done by GNance
original art by Popotte
others to thank: JPSalas, Pinuck, hauntfreaks, Borgdog, Arngrim

v1.01
Fixed Horseshoe ball not moving problem.
Added Modified version of JP's LUT script. (Toggled with Buy-In Key (2 Key)
Added material to side rails to get rid of pink color.
Raised brightness on Pop Bumper lights from 6 to 20.
Raised brightness on...

Read more about this resource...

Both table entries (this & Duotron) have now been updated with some notes about the Loserman tribute project. Thanks to @Noah Fentz and @jpsalas for helping to get the ball rolling, permission-wise. VPF is also credited and linked to appropriately in the respective table entries. Not sure whatever happened to @Dazz, but it would be nice to link back to VPU for future tables across this project.

And of course, without Charles finding effective lighting fixes, I'm not sure when this project would have proceeded, otherwise. It is thanks to him we have these updated 'night mode' tables to enjoy!

Interestingly, Magnotron was one of the first (and only) real pinballs I ever owned, along with Atlantis and Big Ben. This was back in the mid-90's, when I knew almost nothing about physical pinballs. Unfortunately, a previous owner had hot-wired some connections between the PF and the logic board, and I could never quite figure out what was going on. So I never did get my Magnotron running. Which means it's nice to play this version here and see what it was actually like. :-)

Btw, I always thought it interesting that magnetrons are the heart of microwave ovens. Sometimes you see people on Youtube blowing them up (for fun?) inside or outside their homes, but it's a pretty terrible idea all-around. Not just because a magnetron is a high-voltage device, but also because the insulator contains beryllia, which can lead to incurable lung disease if the particles are inhaled.

General chit-chat
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Chat Bot Mibs Chat Bot Mibs: eathearty has left the room.
      Back