mini table in the back box, is it possible?

Slippery Jim

Pinball Wizard
Reaction score
Favorite Pinball Machine
Stern Dracula
I want to do a recreation of an EM, the first pinball I ever played, Williams "Apollo" (1967). This machine was designed by the legendary Norm Clark, and it had an unusual feature, a mini playfield in the backbox. It wasnt 'playable', rather the ball would shoot automatically and drop and be deflected by some nails, into one of five lanes, scoring 50, 300 or "Special" which was a credit on most machines though it could be set up for extra ball. I would also need a small ball
1681162101857.png
My question is, is this possible in FP? If not, is it possible to switch to a mini-playfield not located on the main playfield?

Definitely. I'm pretty sure Gimli has done a few very creative tables that used a mini / detachable playfield, like... I think Labyrinth and Billiards. I'm thinking Terry Red, too, and probably a few others.

Sorry, I'm not really the right person here, but you might search around in the FP section, particularly the guide section, including BAM.

GeorgeH should be able to give a much better answer, too.

Yes, you can. Go to IRPinball (irpinball.org) and download my Super Soccer table (just forget to put it here).
You have a mini playfield and not regular balls.
Apollo is à nice table. If you want help, no problem.
Appolo is on my list of tables that I want to recreate.

Yes, you can.... BUT..... that only works for desktop and VR modes.

BAM miniplayfields are only visible on the main playfield window. For cabinet view, the FP Backbox window / screen wont show anything from a miniplayfield that is not displayable on the translite editor.

I'd love you to do Apollo Popotte as I am sure you would do a much better job than I could ever possibly do. Off topic but Apollo was the first machine I ever played, way back in 1975 when I was 12, and I immediately fell in love with the silver ball

General chit-chat
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Chat Bot Mibs Chat Bot Mibs: paskite has left the room.
      Back