Model conversion

Slippery Jim

Pinball Wizard
Reaction score
Favorite Pinball Machine
Stern Dracula
I have a 3D model I wish to use, I converted it to obj using Blender as I dont have any software that can export into ms3d format. When I try to import the obj model into Milkshape, nothing happens, its like it doesnt exist. Is there a tool other than milkshape that can convert it to ms3d or a version of fpm-editor that can import obj?

I've only imported OBJ files into milkshape 3d to convert to ms3d, and then to import to FPM Editor (this can only use ms3d).

Some OBJ models wouldn't import correctly into milkshape 3d.... but most seem to for me when exporting from Blender. How to export them in a way to make the models that wont import correctly.... I dont know.

If this is something to be used as a functional FP table item in the editor, then it needs to be converted through FPM Editor.

If this is just a model that will only be displayed on the table, then you can:

- convert it to a BAM Model using the BAM Model Importer to convert (OBJ or FBX) models into a TGA file
- this TGA file then is imported into FP as a Texture
- then you add the needed BAM commands in the table script to add that model to the table (which happens on table startup, NOT in the Editor GUI)
- if done correctly, on table startup you can use the BAM menu to position / change settings for that model in real time while playing the table
- then CTRL+C to copy those settings, then paste them into the table script again
- look at tables like Sonic Pinball Mania, Star Wars DSA GE, etc to get some ideas

Last edited:
General chit-chat
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Chat Bot Mibs Chat Bot Mibs: paskite has left the room.
      Back