Monopoly (Stern, 2001) VP8

VP8 Stern SS Recreation Monopoly (PD) V1.0 Released v1.3Fast

No permission to download
Solid State Machines
Nice job PD, beautiful VP table.... I just played 5 games after downloading and everything seemed to be working great except for the ROM sound lacked volumn. I turned it up all the way using the 8 & 9 keys, but I guess this is a VPM problem.

The price on the apron is 1.00 dollar per game. Is this for real? No wonder no one plays real pinball anymore. I thought the game layout was Ok, but I don't see much to get too excited about, especially if it would cost me a buck a game. I never really achieved much, no multiball and I never really found the flow of the game or the ball. My highest score was 5 million, but for a buck a game, I would have only played a couple of games on a real table. I'll try again later to improve on my Monopoly skills and at least get multiball :)

Me too, bob. I know I played it once, and I think I played it twice, and at 50 cents per game. I could not find the groove either. Nice recreation though.

Damn, this table is hard! I haven't even come close to getting a replay. Course I had the same problem in the arcade, but I was blaming that on a poorly kept up table. I guess the truth is that I suck!

Table looks great, better than the real thing even. See on this table, I don't see all the electrical wire that Stern never bothers to hide! I've only played it for $.50 too, but that buck placeholder wouldn't surprise me either. All I know is it's gonna take me a while to get any skills on this table. I drain down the center so much, it's plain sad. Should learn to nudge one of these days.

I would be deleting KC's version off my hard drive, but I think I'll keep it just cause he doesn't want anyone to have it! I'll never play it again, but I might use it as an A,B comparison for those friends of mine that I haven't shown this program to yet (and there is a bunch of them, stupid Mac cult!)

friebus said:
Damn, this table is hard! I haven't even come close to getting a replay. Course I had the same problem in the arcade, but I was blaming that on a poorly kept up table. I guess the truth is that I suck!

Table looks great, better than the real thing even. See on this table, I don't see all the electrical wire that Stern never bothers to hide! I've only played it for $.50 too, but that buck placeholder wouldn't surprise me either. All I know is it's gonna take me a while to get any skills on this table. I drain down the center so much, it's plain sad. Should learn to nudge one of these days.

I would be deleting KC's version off my hard drive, but I think I'll keep it just cause he doesn't want anyone to have it! I'll never play it again, but I might use it as an A,B comparison for those friends of mine that I haven't shown this program to yet (and there is a bunch of them, stupid Mac cult!)

Yeah, it is a hard game, but then every game is hard for me, since I'm lousy. If you want some practice nudging give my Reactions Bagatelle a try, you just might enjoy it, since it's an original modern take on flipperless.

John

Well, Monopoly is a lot like TAF in some respects. If you're a really good shot, you can get a good rhythm going and crank through some points (namely you need to get multiball started and keep it going), but if you're not a good shot, there's an awful lot of places the ball can bank right back down the center again. This VPM table has the further annoyance of the left side of that spinner getting in the way. I didn't really feel like even trying to get around that one. Frankly, I'm happy on the real one if I can just get a replay. I never came close to the wizard mode or a real high score. Here, I think it's acutally harder than the arcade in some respects, but OTOH, I have gotten spot #4 on the high score list on this table and won a few replays so it's not impossible. Usually, many people are better than me at exploiting VP weaknesses for repeating shots, etc. and tables I've made I thought were fairly hard others breeze right through, so I tend to prefer they be a little harder than typical. You see I can nudge save on the real tables and that saves my butt from the outlanes a LOT. On VP tables, I can't do that too well so if I'm getting comparable scores that means the game is actually EASIER than the real thing since nudge saving is what saves my butt there....

But don't feel bad. I suck on

Thanks for the table, PD. Very nice table, and hard one (but to me all the tables are hard :) )

Fantastic work yet again PD, you have not yet failed to impress yet :):):):):):)

I have now played about 50 games of Monopoly.... After 10 games I extended the flippers 3 points and added .1 to the strength of the flippers. I still haven't won a free game for score, but it's much easier for me to make shots and to keep the ball in play. I've never played the real machine, so I'm not saying to do this for accuracy, I'm just reminding people that they can always adjust a table to play easier by lengthening the flippers.

The game has a way of becoming addictive, but it might be just the fact that PD has done a terrific job on this table. This is the first VPM table that I've played extensively since I got my new 2.8 Ghz pc and it plays as smooth as silk with every turned on.

Where exactly is PacDude's tables at Pinball Nirvana. It Lists VPM tables by alphabet, but no PD listings. Hmmm.

PacDude has, at least for the moment if not permanently, decided to remove his tables from this site.

"Pac definately outdid himself on this one."

naaaaah, typical PacDude stuff.
Maybe you just like the toys, or the theme more.
I find Monopoly hard. Hard to score. Hard to shoot. But I know how to fix that!

This may be the most technical, I don't know, with the little DMD.
of PacDudes tables I like Roadshow for toys and Cactus Canyon for theme more.

GHoSTFaCe said:
PacDude has, at least for the moment if not permanently, decided to remove his tables from this site.

Wow, you know, this 'family' is the most disfunctional one I've ever been associated with. Even more so than my own.... :p

General chit-chat
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Chat Bot Mibs Chat Bot Mibs: paskite has left the room.
      Back